How Has Stephenie Meyer inspired you?

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Belladazzledbyedward
Settled in Forks

Re: How Has Stephenie Meyer inspired you?

Post by Belladazzledbyedward »

Ummm... Wow where do I begin? First off I guess, Stephenie has inspired me to write. I have been given many compliments by my English teacher, Mrs. Burdette, that I am a talented writer. But I guess I really didn't care at that time if I was good or not. I started writing and I have discovered that I love it. I love the ending to Breaking Dawn, but after all it was the end of the series, and I cried when I finished the book. Anyway, I have decided that I should write my own ending to Breaking Dawn. Ofcourse it's not going to be anywhere near Stephenine Meyer's writing. I dont know why, I'm sure it sounds kind of stupid, but I felt compelled to write a different ending.
I picked up Twilight from the library thinking I was going to start it and not finish it, like I do with alomost every book I read. So, I read the first chapter and it was kind of boring, so I stopped reading it for a while. It was a while before I actually got to know it better and learn to love it. Once I got to where Edward came in, I couldn't put the book down. It was my obsession. It was the one thing that kept me up at night. It was the thing I woke up to thinking about in the morning, and all I could think or talk about during the day. So I guess what I'm trying to say is Stephenie has also taught and inspired me to stick with the book, even though you may not like it in the begging. I cant read another book besides the Twilight saga, so.... Anyway, she has taught me to stick with the book and write.
wittyheroine
Settled in Forks

Post by wittyheroine »

Stephenie has reminded me of how much I want to be a writer. For two years, I had written and re-written a story I had been working on. Now, I am finally sending it out to people and am trying to get it published. It's frustrating, but Stephenie's success reminds me that it IS possible and to not give up.
Heart_in_Hand
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Heart_in_Hand »

Stephenie had inspired me to write this poem (I hope you all like it):

Stop my Heart (Bella’s Plea)

Your golden eyes make me melt
Electricity flows with your touch
But when you kiss me my heart stops
I’ve come to need this one so much

The pain of my heart beating
Hits me hard against my chest
Then you stop my heart
Will you stop my heart?

When you put your arms around me
Touch your lips against my neck
How you stop my heart
Yes you stop my heart!

I am aching with the pressure
Of the blood against my veins
Once your there the pain is lifted
And my heart stops once again

The relentless painful pulsing
Just gets harder to endure
Please just stop my heart
Can’t you stop my heart?

When you go the constant pounding
Is so hard to just ignore
Wish you’d stop my heart
I beg you, stop my heart!

I hope you know
That when you go
I can feel my heart
It rips me apart
I wish you’d see
When you are with me
You can stop the pain
Flowing from my veins

Because you stop my heart
Why won’t you stop my heart?

--END--

I like to write a lot. Poems, short stories, and maybe even a book someday. There is so much potential for poetry that I get from Twilight and the other books. Everyone has such profound wants and needs. I feel like Bella would write something like this if she wrote poetry. I'm thinking of making a compilation of poems that the characters of Twilight would write. You know, like they wrote them personally! It would be so much fun for me!

That is how Stephenie Meyer has inspired me! Thank you so much Steph! :D

~EDIT~
Anyone know how to make a PDF or something so I can link you this poem in it's original format in MS-Word? My poems are visual as much as they are literary, so I really feel like you don't get the full effect if you can't see all the spacing and the font. Please PM me with instructions if you don't mind! Thanks so much!
"Don't be afraid. We belong together."

..."Forever."
twi-nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twi-nerd »

Wow, Stephenie has inspired me to write my own series and I am really young, I am a teenager. But I'm not fourteen yet. Stephenie is an inspiration. Stephenie let me think that if I have an idea over night it can become a success or something great.
Twilight came to Stephenie over a dream. Which is the same as overnight and her idea became succesful and every morning when I wake up and open my laptop, start typing, I always say the quote I invented in my head. I invented the qoute in my head and it's helped me a lot.
I <3 Stephenie's work.
My favorite band Pierce the Veil. I LOVE VIC FUENTES!! Thank you so much Chloe for the banner.
dazzlingdynamite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by dazzlingdynamite »

twi-nerd wrote:Wow, Stephenie has inspired me to write my own series and I am really young, I am a teenager. But I'm not fourteen yet. Stephenie is an inspiration. Stephenie let me think that if I have an idea over night it can become a success or something great.
Twilight came to Stephenie over a dream. Which is the same as overnight and her idea became succesful and every morning when I wake up and open my laptop, start typing, I always say the quote I invented in my head. I invented the qoute in my head and it's helped me a lot.
I <3 Stephenie's work.
That is exactly like me! I'm not fourteen yet either :) She's inspired me to write too . . . I never really thought about doing it properly . . . but once I started I cannot stop. I get up everyday and all I can think about is writing, it's all I ever want to do.
Call That a Comeback?
YOU ME AT SIX
ShootingStar
Wandering Through Town

Post by ShootingStar »

Stephenie inspired me not to settle for less, to have complete respect for myself, because everyone has their own special Edward out there, the boy that will make their heart do backflips.

I used to feel that no guy would take any notice of me unless I were the type of girl that gave the impression she was 'up for it'. But now, I've decided why waste your time with a James when there could be an Edward, or a Jasper, or a Jacob out there?

Guys need to step up their game now, theres gonna be a whole lotta girls now realising that rude arrogant men they may have settled for in the past, just don't make the cut anymore =D.

Love you Stephenie! =]

Abi x
"I can do this, I lied to myself feebly. No one was going to bite me." - Bella, first day of school. =]

Don't you know who you are, you're my shooting star.
E <3 B.

JaliceAlsper
Settled in Forks

Post by JaliceAlsper »

dazzlingdynamite wrote:
twi-nerd wrote:Wow, Stephenie has inspired me to write my own series and I am really young, I am a teenager. But I'm not fourteen yet. Stephenie is an inspiration. Stephenie let me think that if I have an idea over night it can become a success or something great.
I <3 Stephenie's work.
That is exactly like me! I'm not fourteen yet either :) She's inspired me to write too . . . I never really thought about doing it properly . . . but once I started I cannot stop. I get up everyday and all I can think about is writing, it's all I ever want to do.
I'm not a teenager yet, but in a couple of months I will be :). After my friend and I read all of the four books, we got this idea to create our own series. We haven't gone far, but it's still on-going. Stephenie is an inspiring writer, and without her, I would probably be sitting around doing nothing.
Edward who? Team Jasper!
blue-eyed-bella
Wandering Through Town

Post by blue-eyed-bella »

JaliceAlsper wrote:
dazzlingdynamite wrote:
I <3 Stephenie's work.

Wow...nice to know there are people like me out there... I'll be fourteen in 24 days.

Anyway, Stephenie/Twilight have definitely inspired me. I'll be a fan for a year in February, and in that short of time I have really changed. First of all, I've always been good at English, but I kind of stopped writing on my own until I read Twilight. Now I'm writing again and want to be a writer when I grow up. The second thing was that when I first read the Twilight Saga and heard Steph's story I wasn't exactly a person that I could be proud of. I was wearing clothes that now I think showed too much skin, was straightening my curls every single day, was fighting with my parents all the time, and failing Algebra. Once I read Twilight, though, I realized that I didn't have to be like that. Bella and Stephenie became my role models. Both of them don't really worry about the physical parts of life, and are smart and agreeable. Now I don't wear makeup and don't spend much time on clothes or hair and spend more time reading, writing, and studying. And I'm much happier, too. :D
When life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end.
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

blue-eyed-bella wrote:
JaliceAlsper wrote:
dazzlingdynamite wrote:
I <3 Stephenie's work.

Wow...nice to know there are people like me out there... I'll be fourteen in 24 days.

Anyway, Stephenie/Twilight have definitely inspired me. I'll be a fan for a year in February, and in that short of time I have really changed. First of all, I've always been good at English, but I kind of stopped writing on my own until I read Twilight. Now I'm writing again and want to be a writer when I grow up. The second thing was that when I first read the Twilight Saga and heard Steph's story I wasn't exactly a person that I could be proud of. I was wearing clothes that now I think showed too much skin, was straightening my curls every single day, was fighting with my parents all the time, and failing Algebra. Once I read Twilight, though, I realized that I didn't have to be like that. Bella and Stephenie became my role models. Both of them don't really worry about the physical parts of life, and are smart and agreeable. Now I don't wear makeup and don't spend much time on clothes or hair and spend more time reading, writing, and studying. And I'm much happier, too. :D
It's so weird that all of us, 13, are writing becase of her! I just started, but still, thank you Stephenie.
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage
Allison
Wandering Through Town

Post by Allison »

Something Stephenie said in an interview inspired me deeply.

"I wish I wouldn't have waited so long to do it. I wish I would have just gone for it when I was younger." -talking about writing a book

I'm 25, married, and have two small children who I stay at home to take care of. I thought my dreams of becoming a published novelist were done and gone, or else a looooong way off.

But Stephenie brought the reality of that dream back to me. If she could do it, so can I.

So thanks to Mrs. Meyer, I'm now working on two stories, and I have a blog to track my progress. Feel free to check it out!

http://all-is-on-writing.blogspot.com
ImageImageImageNM p.201