Fan Fic Recommendation Thread

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: Fan Fic Recommendation Thread

Post by marielle »

I'm not sure if this has been up already

It's called Sacrificial Lamb.
It's a continuation of Eclipse, after Bella and Jake kisses only Bella realizes she has never been in love with Jacob...no Ilse Esme, NO Renesmee, just a very very very good story with the Volturi, Denali clan, everybody...just different from Breaking Dawn....
I have to warn you guys it is R-rated, but it's not so much focussed on sex as the last one I posted.....
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

The Office. It was pulled from Fanfiction and is not on Twilighted. It is about Bella being a assistant a a new CEO named Edward. It is NOT PG-13.
Banner by TammyAZ
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

marielle wrote:I don't know if any of you have already read this one...
I like it, is EPOV on isle Esme and from there on..... HUGE WARNING it's NOT PG-13... there is quiet a graphic description of the events on Isle Esme....
There are so many of these kinds of stories out there, but two of my favorite (ADULT ONLY!!!) honeymoon/Isle Esme fics are:

Honeymoon Suite by TwiliteAddict. The first 11-12 chapters are all Isle Esme, but it is a WIP continuing beyond the honeymoon. I personally think it is one of the most tasteful honeymoon stories I've read.
-OR-
Isle Esme by Vixen1836. This is an EPOV of the first night of the honeymoon. While it has the same title as the one Marielle recommended, it is a different story and only 2 chapters.

Oh, and for something a little more adult than those two, and a little less umm...polite? Try Warmth by KatieBelle.

Again, all of these are rated R and above and require registration on the Twilighted site. Grown-ups only. :oops:
Happy Reading!
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Hi, Ya'll! Happy Saturday! While participating in the Review4Review over on Twilighted, I've run into two really wonderful fics that I'd like to recommend to you guys.

First, if you've ever wondered what might have happened if Edward had come back to Forks in Twilight and changed Bella in order to save her life due to a horrific accident, this story is for you! It is very well written so far. However, it is just in the first few chapters, so if you don't like following WIP, I suggest you wait until it's complete to read it.
Entwined by La. Tua. Cantante. 83

Second, this story is AH and puts Edward and Bella into adult life with separate careers after a childhood friendship that goes sour. They are reunited years later after both of their careers have suffered setbacks. It is beautifully written so far, but is a WIP. Also, it is a Twilighted fic, so if you don't have an account there, you'll need one to read this fic, but it's worth it!
Grounds for Inspiration by meliebot
erscott13
Settled in Forks

Post by erscott13 »

I enjoyed this Alice origin story a lot. It's written by two writers: Totteather and HeartOfDarkness. They are not finished yet, but there are 11 chapters.

Within These Walls

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5756841/1/W ... hese_Walls

Elisabeth
Shemxy_Vampire
Settled in Forks

Post by Shemxy_Vampire »

Because I'm so boring, I just read popular fics like Tropic of Virgo and Hydraulic Level 5 (they're great, and if you haven't read them, what are you waiting for? READ!) But when I look at my favourites list on FFn, I feel kind of embarrassed because I have nothing new for people to see... and, of course, because I know there are some really great fics that aren't well known...

So, yeah, the point: can anyone recommend a good AH B/E story that isn't too dark but still has a plot? :) I've been having trouble finding decent fics to read lately...
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

Most AH stuff is kinda angsty.

Wide Awake
The Ex Factor
Clipped Wings and Inked Armor
Misapprehension of Bella Swan
University of Edward Mansen

We have a community on there too http://www.fanfiction.net/community/Lex ... ist/73511/ Just make sure you change the ratings to "all ratings" so you see all of them.
VirginiaMay

Post by VirginiaMay »

Shemxy_Vampire wrote:Because I'm so boring, I just read popular fics like Tropic of Virgo and Hydraulic Level 5 (they're great, and if you haven't read them, what are you waiting for? READ!) But when I look at my favourites list on FFn, I feel kind of embarrassed because I have nothing new for people to see... and, of course, because I know there are some really great fics that aren't well known...

So, yeah, the point: can anyone recommend a good AH B/E story that isn't too dark but still has a plot? :) I've been having trouble finding decent fics to read lately...
Why don't you try some of the stories that were nominated for the Indie Twific Awards?? They still have the full list of all the nominees this winter on their site.

Indie Twific 2010 Nominees (full list)

Top Five Nominees in Each Category
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

this is a really good story....the writer has just started, but it looks promissing so far...
WARNING FOR LEMONS.......mostly in the first chapter story develops nicely....

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5966787/1/January
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
VirginiaMay

Post by VirginiaMay »

The Return, a collaboration between jakeward & the shrew is worth a read. This little WIP doesn't have nearly enough reviews. Give it some love will you??

The Return

Summary:

"What happens when the life you know falls apart, leaving you to pick up the pieces when you would rather fall apart? What happens when the love of your life is taken from you, yet haunts your dreams and your soul? How can you ever live when you would rather die? Until you awake from a dream and see your love has returned . . .

What's meant to be will always find a way."

AU- Edward & Vampella
Rated NC-17

Updates are slow right now, but maybe we can change that by giving the story a following.