Divine Design ~ Team Esme

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Lacuna Scion
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Divine Design ~ Team Esme

Post by Lacuna Scion »

What do you think Esme thinks of Renesmee?

I agree with most. I think she loves Renesmee even more than a human could. I think her bond would be similar to Rosalie's. Esme had a son (I think it was a boy) and he died so young. She was so upset she tried to kill herself. She obviously feels quite passionately for children. That's probably what makes her such a caring mother towards the rest of the Cullen's, but seeing how Nessie came into the world - I think she'd care for her even more.

Logan? Derek? are we counting posts?
Team Leah - The Crappy Little Renegade Team | Team Esme
Team Carlisle | Screw You Freaks! I pick Ben! | Volturi - Rosalind
nightrunner
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by nightrunner »

Im counting my posts, if you look i have a tiny p2 in my last one under my name, i thought i would start doing it just in case

ok a question just so i stay on topic here...
'How do you think esme felt when edward left forks during Twilight to avoid bella'
i think she would of been worried for him, she loves him and would want to be supportive of his choices but i think she would understand that running away wasnt the answer to the problem

p3
Last edited by nightrunner on Sat May 30, 2009 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Alexa | Im on The List : Lexus | banner from narnia
Mafia Valentina Ricci
Team Esme | Bri and The Brits
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Congrats on the 300th post DudeThatRocksTwilight!

I am already a member, but I wanted to add my two cents.

What is your first impression of Esme?
That she is the emotional hub of her family and the part that keeps them most civilized and human. Their love for her and respect for Carlisle bind them all.

What is your favorite Esme quality?
As others have said, the ability to love unconditionally and to simply accept what life gives her. This was probably learned through her hard life and the regret from her decision to commit suicide.

Favorite Esme moment?
When she meets Edward and Bella as they return from Italy.

Any last Esme thoughts?
Like the others, I think she is terribly underwritten in the texts, especially since her life was so full of difficulties that made her into the person she is. Also, I see her as very strong, stronger than most of the others and I would love to read more of her expanded character. She is strong enough to fight the newborn army and still be a loving mother.

I am a foster and adoptive mother with one beautiful birth child and five beautiful adopted children who were abused before we adopted them. It is a wonderful and miraculous family, and I am so proud of each one of them. I truly relate to Esme. :)
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

nightrunner wrote:Im counting my posts, if you look i have a tiny p2 in my last one under my name, i thought i would start doing it just in case

ok a question just so i stay on topic here...
'How do you think esme felt when edward left forks during Twilight to avoid bella'
i think she would of been worried for him, she loves him and would want to be supportive of his choices but i think she would understand that running away wasnt the answer to the problem
Good call Lexus!
Everyone, start counting your posts and I will try and figure out a ranking system.
I might have to come up with more ranks...
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

^^That's so amazing, Openhome! You're such a good person for doing that.
How do you think esme felt when edward left forks during Twilight to avoid bella I think she was sad for him and that he had to make that decision, but I think she was also a little proud that he was doing what he thought was right. But I'm sure her heart was just breaking, and she wanted him to be happy.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Openhome...You're a true role model to everyone.

NEW QUESTION! BOOM BOOM BOOM

What do you think Esme thinks of Renee and Charlie?
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
nightrunner
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by nightrunner »

Openhome wrote:I am a foster and adoptive mother with one beautiful birth child and five beautiful adopted children who were abused before we adopted them. It is a wonderful and miraculous family, and I am so proud of each one of them. I truly relate to Esme. :)
thats just wow, i plan on adopting/fostering kids when im older (as im only 16) but i dont think i could ever help 5

I dont know, they are bella's parents so I think she would have alot of respect for them, but then they never really interact alot. That is until the wedding:the first time esme and renne meet , but then they get on really well

p4
ImageImage
Alexa | Im on The List : Lexus | banner from narnia
Mafia Valentina Ricci
Team Esme | Bri and The Brits
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Nightrunner -- You can do more than you can imagine!! Anyone who wants to do so much good so young will change the world in wonderful and stunning ways!

I think it broke her heart for both he and Bella. I believe that she loved Bella from the beginning just because Edward loved her, and she SO wanted Edward to have the love that she and Carlisle had. Esme's immediate and loving reaction to Bella tells a lot about how much she already loved her.
This is #4 for me.
Way off topic, where do you guys recommend getting banners from?
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Openhome wrote:Nightrunner -- You can do more than you can imagine!! Anyone who wants to do so much good so young will change the world in wonderful and stunning ways!

I think it broke her heart for both he and Bella. I believe that she loved Bella from the beginning just because Edward loved her, and she SO wanted Edward to have the love that she and Carlisle had. Esme's immediate and loving reaction to Bella tells a lot about how much she already loved her.
This is #4 for me.
Way off topic, where do you guys recommend getting banners from?
DunnerheartsTwilight (Logan) and who_needs_fangs (Narnia) make amazing banners.
vampirenerd
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: In my fantasy world with Edward...and Jacob (why not?)

Post by vampirenerd »

Ok, trying to catch up on all the questions I missed lol

-Well, of course Esme is caring and loving towards everyone so I think she would be respectful. That is shown at the wedding when they all interact fine. I wonder though whether or not she has a problem with Renee's parenting skills, not that she would ever voice that. But she's so mothering that I think she might.

'How do you think esme felt when edward left forks during Twilight to avoid bella'?
-I'm sure that Esme was upset b/c Edward was her first son. She would hate to see him in pain, and hate to see him leave for any amount of time. I think though that this quote sums up Esme's feelings and it gave me a new insight into her. It's from MS when Rose and Jasper want to go kill Bella after Edward saves her:

"I couldn't win alone, though, not against the three of them, and I wondered who my allies would be.
Carlisle, certainly. He would not fight anyone, but he would be wholly against Rose's and Jasper's designs. That might be all I needed. I would see..
Esme, doubtful. She would not side against me either, and she would hate to disagree with Carlisle, but she would be for any plan that kept her family intact. Her first priority would not be rightness, but me. If Carlisle was the soul of our family, then Esme was the heart."

This just, to me shows that Esme's first priority is keeping her family save and together. No matter what that takes.

p2