Edward Cullen bringing sexy back since 1901 -- Team Edward#3

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent
Location: Trying To Decide Between Edward, Stefan, & Dimitri <3!

Re: Edward Cullen bringing sexy back since 1901 -- Team Edwa

Post by 21Twilight21 »

Corona~ I think it was so funny when I took my cousins to watch Eclipse for their first time! I had already watched it, but the whole story was new to them! Even they realized how wrong it was for Bella to be going back and forth between Edward and Jacob! Lol the polite way they phrased it was "Wow Bella is such a jerk! She can't get engaged to Edward and kiss Jacob!" :lol:!
Yes you could definitely see anger and cockiness throughout Jacob scenes! Everything he ever said or did always went back to him bashing the Cullens and telling Bella that she was supposed to choose him! There has never been a scene where Jacob makes me think he's sweet and makes me fall head over heels! It's like he's always wanting to prove that he's "the better man"!
Yes that is a perfect point about the wedding scene! Jacob kept trying to act like the better choice, as if he was the one that was willing to step aside to let Bella be happy! He proved in that moment that even though Bella made her choice, and that she was happy, he still expected her to choose him because he would never truly step aside! I really do hope that scene shows everyone what we see in that moment! Yes even Seth knew what the right and wrong things were in that moment! Yeah sure Jacob is younger than Edward and hasn't learned about much like Edward has, but that doesn't give him the excuse to act reckless! Even Seth, who is the youngest, knew better!
You made great points about all of that :)!
Thanks Chrissy for my banner:
~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
^Fee-B is my dependable buddy^
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

21Twilight21: I agree that movie Jacob is easier to tolerant than book. (That is one of the things that bugs me about the movies acutally. During the books and ESPECIALLY in EC & most of BD he bugs the hell out of me! I would never be tempted to be "team" Jacob. He's just too immature, and petty, and a jerk.)

The wedding scene actually worries me a little bit. I'm curious as to how they will show it & if Jacob will come across as much of a jerk as he does in the book. Or will the tone that down or whatever so Jacob doesn't look as bad? I can't wait to see Robard get mad at him in that scene. Good thing for loveable adorable Seth.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

pennybug84 wrote:The wedding scene actually worries me a little bit. I'm curious as to how they will show it & if Jacob will come across as much of a jerk as he does in the book. Or will the tone that down or whatever so Jacob doesn't look as bad? I can't wait to see Robard get mad at him in that scene. Good thing for loveable adorable Seth.
I think it will be difficult to actually portray everything wrong that Jacob does in that scene. Most of it, yes, like the fishing around for the honeymoon details, his reaction, grasping Bella by the arms, and then threatening to kill Edward.

One snarky bit that I didn’t like was at the beginning of this scene, where he takes Bella’s hand and holds it close to his heart, basically saying that his heart is beating and Edward’s isn’t and you made a mistake. Bella picks up on that right away; I don’t know if that is going to be too subtle to portray very well in the movie though. Also, his calculated howl of pain (again!!!) when B&E leave for the airport, hours after the incident. I thought that was absolutely disgusting. That is another thing, though, that may be difficult to portray properly, unless they take the time to show B&E dancing again, changing clothes and preparing to leave, and then saying goodbye to everyone and Renee and Phil and Charlie. Show that, the passage of time, and then have Jacob pop up one more time as they are leaving and I’ll guarantee even some Jacob fans will be shaking their heads. B&E recover very nicely, however, and we have the Brazilian photos to prove it. :D ;)

BTW, did anyone else have a flashback to the mountaintop scene, where Jacob does his “Bella, I’m in PAIN!” howl? It always seemed he took just a little too long to react to the engagement news. Maybe I am being too hard on him there. By the time of the wedding, though, I can see him thinking that as long as his howl worked one time before, maybe give it another shot?
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Corona~ Again, it comes back to the constant illustration we have of the differences between Jacob and Edward. You are absolutely right. Everytime Jacob "reached out" to Bella, it was calculated to inflict maximum guilt, maximum effect. Jacob couches himself in the fact that he wants to touch Bella, to let her know her "choice" and how much she's hurting him. The difference between him and Edward is just shocking. Edward does literally everything he can to make Bella's choice easy on her, to make sure that no matter what, she does not hurt, or suffer or feel needless guilt. He reaches out to Jacob, makes a peace offering because he knows that it will make Bella happy, and AT EVERY TURN, Jacob throws it back in his face, goes leaping over every boundary that he should respect, even if Bella does not enforce it. This is honestly one of the reasons why the beach pictures from Brazil snapped my teeth together just a little. No doubt, it is also the connection to the book covers that we saw in Twilight and New Moon. However, to me, it is also a direct slap in the face to Edward & Bella. In the beach pictures, Edward & Bella are doing the exact thing that Jacob mocked Bella about them doing on their honeymoon; playing chess. To me, that hurt just a little bit because it was once again Jacob coming between them, even when he wasn't actually there to do it.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent

Post by 21Twilight21 »

pennybug84~ It kinda bugs me too that movie Jacob is more tolerant than book Jacob because people need to see the annoying, immature, and irresponsible guy that we see in the books! I want the books to be fully represented through the movies so I think it would've been better for movie Jacob to be just like book Jacob! On the other hand it's easier for me to watch the movies since Jacob isn't as annoying lol! I never watch the movies for him though so I just skip through his scenes anyways! I don't think I've ever been tempted to be Team Jacob! Even while I was reading Twilight I was never a fan of his! I was already deeply in love with Edward from the very beginning to even think about Jacob as a nice guy! My hatred of Jacob just got worse in NM whenever I was depressed because Edward wasn't around :(! :oops:
I soo hope and pray that the wedding scene turns out perfect! They need to show how immature Jacob is and what a jerk he is! He treated Bella so horrible and he had no right to even be there, but of course our gentleman Edward wanted to make Bella happy! Everyone needs to see that Edward was always the right choice for Bella! They have tried to make Edward look bad to make Jacob seem like he could even fit in the same category as Edward so it's about time they stopped trying to hide his faults!

Corona~ Jacob did soo many wrong things in that scene lol so yes it would probably be hard to show it all! Hopefully most of it is shown though!
I'm so glad you brought that part up because I hated it! Once again Jacob proved that he didn't care whether Bella was happy or not, he was at her wedding telling her that she made a mistake because he was the "better" choice :?! He wanted what he wanted and it didn't matter what Bella thought or felt about it! I never felt bad for him whenever he howled after that! He was trying to hurt Bella which is something that someone would never want to do to someone they love! Lol I would love for all the Jacob fans to see the true Jacob! Yes the honeymoon... very nice ;)!
Yes Jacob's reactions never really made sense to me! I don't think he was reacting normally like he was giving his reactions some thought so they would provoke a bigger reaction from the people around him! He said and did things that he knew would get Bella worried about him or she would feel bad for him!

Jazz Girl~ Wow you just explained everything I was trying to say about the difference between Jacob and Edward perfectly lol! That's exactly what I was trying to say about who Jacob really is and why Edward was always the better guy!
I actually never thought about the chess part of the honeymoon like that when I seen the Brazil pics! I only thought about them using it as a reference to the book cover, but you made a good point about it being exactly what Jacob said their honeymoon would be like :worried:! I know they do more than play chess lol, but still that's true!
~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

21Twilight21 Glad I'm not the only one who didn't think of the playing chess line from Jacob when seeing the beach set pics. I too was just thinking of it as a reference to the book cover.
I wonder if they'll have that line from Jacob in the movie. They seem to change lines A LOT.

Edward may not be human but at least he's a MAN.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent

Post by 21Twilight21 »

pennybug84~ It makes sense that they would have the chess pieces there to represent the movie! Many people liked that the apple was included in Twilight and even though the NM and Eclipse books weren't represented that way in the movies, I think they wanted to have a book hint for the fans!
Yes they change lines often, even if the sentences are just rearranged! I don't think they'll have Jacob say that line because they probably don't think it's such an important line!
:lol: Yes exactly!! I loved when he said that in Twilight!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

21~ But the New Moon cover was included. The Stitches scene, when Carlisle throws the match into the bowl of alcohol and bandages, as the camera shot pulls out and up, away from the bowl, what you see is the image of the blood lily from the front cover. I know I overanalyze things and if that line is not in the film, it won't be such a big deal. But, MR has done more than enough, in my opinion, to do everything possible to discredit Bella&Edward's relationship. That just felt like one more thing.
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

Hello, I was wondering if anyone still celebrates Meadow Day on March 12?

I just noticed this year it lands on a Saturday as well.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

corona wrote:Hello, I was wondering if anyone still celebrates Meadow Day on March 12?

I just noticed this year it lands on a Saturday as well.
It is a day celebrated by Cullenists the world round. I'm looking forward to it!
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty