Edward Cullen bringing sexy back since 1901 -- Team Edward#3

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
KikiMasenCullen
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Location: Looking into the eyes of the beautiful Edward Anthony Masen Cullen

Re: Edward Cullen bringing sexy back since 1901 -- Team Edward#3

Post by KikiMasenCullen »

Wow...Diane, your words moved me....I am...wow...touched.
Team Carlisle
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
Every Rose Has It's Thorn-Team Rosalie
Proud Cullenist...all hail Carlisle
JenTheWriter
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by JenTheWriter »

Dovrebanen -- I totally relate to the point that it's not even funny. I have a hard time accepting compliments about myself. I'm stubborn like that, but also my self-esteem has been beaten down the point of non-existance. I mean so I can see where you and Edward are coming from. It's hard to think positively about yourself when you (or others) have brow beaten yourself down into the point of thinking yourself unworthy of anything. As for my Edward ... ugh. Until he pulls his head out of his butt I doubt we'll ever make it. I'm beginning to think this dream I had a while ago where he and I have had past lives together and were meant to be together, but could never get our acts together is true. lol

Diane -- wow ... that's just ... wow. I'm really sorry for your loss. I'd love to say "don't blame yourself" but I don't know the details of the story and I'm sure you've been told that too many times to count. But I can relate to that feeling you were describing with Bella and Edward about not wanting to be here without the person who has captured your heart. It's hard. I mean I know I can be happy knowing he's here, but hurt because we're not together. But I can only imagine the heartache involved to not have that person here at all...
"And if you ever kiss her again, I will break your jaw for her," he promised.
Team Edward, Alice and Cullen! Swoonist. Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3's brain twin!
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Kiki - I hope you find your version of Edward!

Jen - Thanks for understanding. That means a lot to me. I'm doing a lot better now. Over the years, it's gotten easier to see that I am actually worth something. And now I can see that the people who treated me badly are really the ones that are low, not me. But you really can't see that at 13. I did not go to the ten year reunion for the school I went to when I was 13-15, basically because there were a few (2-3) people I don't have any wish to ever see again. So I decided not to put myself through the ordeal of pretending to be happy to see everone. I guess I was a bit of coward, really.
Anyway, my life is pretty good these days. Great partner, a nice job...Still some self esteem issues, but I'm trying my best.
As for your Edward, I hope that he can start to see himself for what he really is. I don't know him, but I truly believe that all (okay, not all..., but most) people have essential goodness in them.

Diane - I have tears in my eyes after reading your story. Wow. I'm at a total loss for words, and that happens very rarely. Thank you so much for sharing that with us. And I hope you can cherish the good memories, even in the loss.

I can relate to the way Bella feels about Edward. The way I feel about my partner, is that I can't imagine my life without him. We have sort of grown up together, since we have spent our entire adulthood together. All the important memories, we have together. So I really don't know how to live without him. I can't see that I could ever fall in love again if I lost him. So this may not be all a good thing, but it's the way it is.
And I totally agree with your interpretation of Bella and Edward's relationship. You really summed up the whole thing.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
KikiMasenCullen
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Location: Looking into the eyes of the beautiful Edward Anthony Masen Cullen

Post by KikiMasenCullen »

Thank you Dovrebanen. That makes me happy...I thought I had my Edward...once, turns out he had an addiction to prescription pills. We're friends...and he's getting the help he needs...thankfully...but I'm looking.
Team Carlisle
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
Every Rose Has It's Thorn-Team Rosalie
Proud Cullenist...all hail Carlisle
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

Kiki~ You will find him one day.
Diane ~ I am touched you shared that with us. Thank you for trusting us, and I hope you are okay.
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Although Edward is one of...no, THE MOST, amazing literary character in history, he has not impacted my view on men very much at all. When I was a teenager, I used to read Harlequin romance novels. That, coupled with a low self-esteem, really screwed up my future outlook on men. THERE IS NO PERFECT MAN. Yes, Edward embodies the character traits that I hope all young girls/women will demand that their men posess before giving them the time of day. Maybe if the Twilight saga had been around 20-25 years ago, I would have had a healthier view of how a man should treat a woman. However, when I really look back on it, I did have that example. My daddy treats my mother, and all four of his daughters, with the same love and adoration that Edward treats Bella. Why is it that we spend time searching for the "bad boys" so early on? Now that I am 40 and have suffered rape, abuse, and other emotional trauma at the hand of so-called good men, I realize that I am no longer expecting to find the perfect man...he doesn't exist. I am searching for what makes me happy. Right now, being single and spending time with great friends makes me happy. If I should meet someone to spend my time with in the future, I will demand that he treats me with the same respect, honor, love, and adoration that Edward shows Bella, and my Daddy shows my Mama. Otherwise, he can hit the curb. I guess that's the message I want my 5th grade students and all other teens and young adults to receive from SM's Edward in Twilight. Although the perfect man doesn't exist, the man who will treat you like a lady does. You just have to love yourself enough to demand it out of them.
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

Good morning
Missp I see that you have a lot of bitterness, some that I can relate to, but I do think that your post is a little bit too much. Everybody knows nobody is perfect, though we may strive to find the perfect man we could go on like you and be bitter or say like I do that I have an unrealistic approach and didn't see people for who they really were and prejudged them based on pettiness. Edward is not perfect, yet Bella can see through his wall, and sees what is beneath the facade, No one ever said love was easy. But your anger in your post is disturbing to me and I would love to help you out and I think I can.
Teenagers and every woman has a mental picture of their perfect man. And they do rush into marriage for all the wrong reason. Men have become lax in manners and in the whole of the way to treat women, and this comes from everything around but mostly from the home. This means their mother and how she brings them up. Edward, you can see ,was very close to his mother and it shows. My son learned from my mistakes and did not repeat them and I couldn't be prouder. So before you lay all the blame on the men, you have to go beyond them and back to the mother. Many people will not agree with what I am saying, but I had to be both mom and dad and work 2 jobs, so please don't say that it can not be done . It can and it should be. STARTING WITH CHILDHOOD!!
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001
JenTheWriter
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by JenTheWriter »

Okay, time for a new topic! *\o/*

Lemme see, what is a good question? Something thought provoking? *taps chin*

Say we go alternate reality here ... what if the roles were reversed? What if Edward was the werewolf and Jacob was the vampire. Would you still find Edward as appealing?
"And if you ever kiss her again, I will break your jaw for her," he promised.
Team Edward, Alice and Cullen! Swoonist. Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3's brain twin!
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

JenTheWriter wrote:Okay, time for a new topic! *\o/*

Say we go alternate reality here ... what if the roles were reversed? What if Edward was the werewolf and Jacob was the vampire. Would you still find Edward as appealing?
No because Edward and what he is and what he does makes him what he is . Thats a lot of whats LOL :lol: But no, Edward is himself because of being a vampire and what he was before and all he went through. Changing him to someone like Jacob would make him not Edward. Edward is the person he is from all he has seen and done, all that conflict and emotions and hating himself so absolutly I do not feel that he would be the Edward that we love. But that is how I see Edward. Being a vampire has contributed to what and how he acts and it just would not be the same. But that is my opinion. Edward would be totally different as a wolf and all the years and knowledge that Edward has as a vampire, to me which is very appealing would not be there, so I do not think I would find him as appealing or interesting as Edward is as a vampire.
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

JenTheWriter wrote:Okay, time for a new topic! *\o/*

Jen, please don't do this to me :lol: OMG...I can't stand imagining Edward as a wolf. But it's a great question, so I'll pull myself together and answer it :D And what can I say... I want to say, yes, I would still love Edward and he would still be Mr. Perfect...
Okay...Edward as a human was very similar to Edward as a vampire, right? Or I would assume that he was. He had the goodness in him, the wish to do things right. He was a hopeless romantic who would have dropped everything if he found his soulmate back then. He was close to his mom. So clearly, a lot of the traits we see in vampire Edward were present already when he was human. So to me that means that he has kept some of the core of him, and that this has been developed more over the years, and he has developed new characteristics. I'm never going to get to the point :lol:

So I think that a wolf Edward would have some of the characterics that vamp Edward had, which would make him appealing to me in a way. But like Diane said, a lot of who Edward is as a person, is based on the experiences he has had in life. Him becoming a vampire was a life altering experiences, and everything he has experienced after that makes him who he is, combined with the inner qualities that was there from the start. So I think I would still find Edward appealing, if not as appealing as before. But I would still prefer Edward over Jacob, because they are totally different personalities from the start, and I like who Edward is. Of course if Jacob was a vampire he would have developed into more than a bratty teen boy, but...Anyway, I would still take Edward.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~