Not The Loch Ness ~ Team Renesmee

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Renesmee_Bella
Red-Eyed Vampire
Location: In Ohio, waiting for Edward to come through the window.....

Re: Not The Loch Ness ~ Team Renesmee

Post by Renesmee_Bella »

Haha I think it's: mes cheris since it's not all girls ;) :D

Oooh see that's why I thought there were two new peeps when I welcomed you on...the other thread :oops: I was confuzzled :D

Oh...haha see now that made more sense than the all the math stuff, really Rollo, never try to talk fractions with a 5 yr old... tsk tsk :mrgreen:

♥~*Proud Member/Founder of The Mookie Adams Family*~♥
Sleep Nessie
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Sleep Nessie »

Not even if they're simple fractions like 1/2 and 1/1? :lol: ok I'll cut down with the math.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
JazpersGrl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by JazpersGrl »

Yikes, I missed 3 newbies! Geez, you slacker! Bad Ali!
Welcome Rollo and Chernaudi! You can call me Ali or Jazz or whatever. And KayKay, you already know me from APPC but welcome to Loch Ness Lake.

Okay, I'm not even touching the whole Nessie mating discussion *shudder*. But I think she could have a child as long as she had it before she stops growing. And yes, she will stop growing because when Alice brought Nahuel back, Caius or Aro (I can't remember) asked him how old he was and he said he's like 200 or so and had stopped growing a few years (10?) after he was born.

Ali :D
FanFiction.Net Account
Alice's Party Planning Committee: Ultimate Bouncer
Jasper's Army: Ruby Slaughter
LNL Dogpound Cullenist
Sleep Nessie
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Sleep Nessie »

Hey Ali. Idk I still don't think that should affect her ability to have kids unless hybirds reach an elderly age -shrug- that's my take on it. If she can still have her period I don't see why she can't have a kid.

debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Sleep Nessie wrote:As for the whole if Nessie can have kids theory. I think that it should work 50/50. Since she has both human and vampire genes, if her and Nahuel mate, they have a 50/50 percent chance of having a full vampire or full human baby. :lol:
Ooooh genetics!!! we're learning it in bio right now!
Okay, so if Nessie were to mate with Nahuel (which is like zero chance of happening, but whatevs, for theory's sake) what you're proposing would be the punnet square, however I don't think it would work, because there are many different variables for being a vampire, so each trait would be a different variable and then there is always co-dominance. So perhaps one child could have sparkly skin, and another wouldn't. Or all the children would be like Nessie and Nahuel and have shimmery skin. There is so much that could happen, since this isn't true science, and I don't feel like getting into every little thing that could happen.

But for what could really happen, like Jacob and Nessie having kids, I don't think Jacob is 50% human 50% wolf. He's human with a mutation gene so he could become a wolf. Saying he's half and half is kinda like saying that anyone with a gene mutation isn't human. Personally, I don't think any of their kids are going to be werewolves. Because of this: Leah is the only female werewolf. It's like colorblindness or hemophilia. Girls are XX and boys are XY. Moms always give the X chromosome and the dad gives either and X or a Y, and that determines the baby's gender. Ok, so if the mom carries the gene for wolfiness, and with the Y chromosome from the dad, it isn't "masked" because the dad doesn't carry that gene in the Y so there's nothing to stop it, so the son become a wolf. However, with the X chromosome from the mom or the dad "mask" the werewolfiness for the female. But in Leah's case, both mother and father gave her the gene in their X's to become a wolf. Anyways, since Nessie doesn't have that gene, none of their kids could be a wolf, only carriers. And with that being said, Nessie and Jacob mating would be making a 75% human 25% vamp. So if a full vamp could mate with a human, I don't see why a halfer can't mate with a human.

Phew.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
best_beating_heart
Frozen in Time

Post by best_beating_heart »

Phew. Wow. That made sense, though.
Why didn't I think about it like that? :lol:

TM~Maria Dina Corozzo
Teams:Alice, Emmett, Esme, Renesmee, Volturi~Athenodora, JCA~Aubrey Santi~SC
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

All I'm gonna say about Renesmee and her possible children is that I don't think that she'll be restricted by becoming an adult when she's 7. She may stop aging, but if the other hybrid(I'n not even gonna attempt to spell his name for fear of butchering it), can eat human food even though he's at least 150 years old, then it's concievable that Nessie can have kids basically forever until she runs out of eggs or doesn't want to have any more children.

And it's possible(though highly doubtful) that she might not want to have children in the first place, or it might be impossible for all we know.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Sleep Nessie
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Sleep Nessie »

Debussygirl - I think you're overcomplicating things a bit. Yeah the wolves are all human but there were only a couple of them that had the "werewolf" genes on both ends. (Jacob and Quil) The other wolves had only one contribution but they were still able to shapeshift but it just wasn't as likely as Jacob or Quil was.

So now we can add that punnet square. We'll take Jacob's human genes (that's already a guaranteed 50% chance of having a half human) and hope that whatever half Nessie contributes its the human half. That's a full human baby with the werewolf gene right there.

Now in the case that Nessie gives the half vamp gene I would think that their child would be sterile in terms of being able to become a wolf since I'm not sure what mixing vamp genes and that "werewolf" gene does.

best_beating_heart
Frozen in Time

Post by best_beating_heart »

Oooh, too much biology!
Let's just leave it at a possibility :D
((I hate science, haha.))

TM~Maria Dina Corozzo
Teams:Alice, Emmett, Esme, Renesmee, Volturi~Athenodora, JCA~Aubrey Santi~SC
willowtree
Eating Spaghetti with Billy
Location: Kicking butt with her awesome Ninjasissyvildypuceowner!

Post by willowtree »

*runs around in circles with finger in ears* la la la la la la la! (confuzzled Hannah)

Fatima~ thank you! :D

All right, since that question is too confusing (*glares at Fatima*) I'm gonna make a new one.

Hannah has an idea for the clubhouse. She thinks we should 'scrapbook' our favourite/most special moments here in Loch Ness Lake. We could remember our moments in... a WordPerfect document or Word document or something, and at the end of each thread share them. Good, or bad idea?

Toodles, my peeps!

~h. f. e. l.

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)