EDC, Inc.: Emmett's Demolition Crew #6

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
willowtree
Eating Spaghetti with Billy
Location: Kicking butt with her awesome Ninjasissyvildypuceowner!

Re: EDC, Inc.: Emmett's Demolition Crew #6

Post by willowtree »

kat~ how about... The Twilight Institute. Qualifications: Must be a Twilight lover, and have read all the books (including Midnight Sun) at least twice. Is that good for a name?

If Emmett couldn't be Emmett, what would be a good name for him?

I like Kyle too. And Max. Or maybe Matt, not Matthew. Or... I could see him as a Logan...

~h. f. e. l.

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)
copper curls
Welcoming Newbies with Cheers and Emmett-hugs

Post by copper curls »

hey, everyone!

hey, Willow ~
I think Matt would be a good name for Emmett… something about the double ‘t’? anyways…

also, I’m liking the Twilight Institute, BUT, I am a MS Virgin, so we can’t have that as an entry qualification.
sorry! but I think that maybe Midnight Sun Studies could be like, a special program, and there could be other classes like Emmett Studies and stuff. :lol:
or Safe Hunting Practices for Vegetarian and Traditional Vampires
hahahahaha *laughs like a lunatic*

ahem.

anyways, I was just checking in for the QotD – I’m getting faster apparently, cos I got 7points this time.
woot woot!

and for today: What year was Emmett born? Good thing I am so full of random facts. :D

pip pip!

~ Kat
xoxo
PM me for this stamp! | Cam is my TwiTwin | EDC/CS & OC | Mafia Mentors | Asst. Manager CCB&B | Team Leah | APPC Platinum Member | Welcome Wagon | MSV
willowtree

Post by willowtree »

good idea, Kat... We'd also have classes for wolves, of course. And special Jacob/Edward classes... Maybe even real vampires there?

And Emmett would have his own huge selection of courses, of course. His own wing... or a floor?

Well, toodles...

~h. f. e. l.

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)
copper curls

Post by copper curls »

yes, yes! an Emmett wing! :lol: I love it.

so as not to make anyone jealous, it could be like, the McCarty Wing or McCarty Hall or something.

and, again with the equity stuff, OF COURSE we'll include the wolves. also, nomads / clans, the Volturi, ect.
we can have mythology classes for both vampires and the Quilute legends.... :D *does a little dance*
I'm so excited!

anyways, to keep this on topic... and full of Emmett-ness...
I have a question for everyone... it may have already been asked, but:

We have general ideas about the Cullens' tastes in interior decoration... so: What do you think Emmett's room looks like? His house with Rose?

mind out of the gutter, please. yes, Cam, that means you.
I want to see how his personal style might be reflected through his living space... so you can't just say that Esme probably picks everything out for him.

pip pip!

~ Kat
xoxo
PM me for this stamp! | Cam is my TwiTwin | EDC/CS & OC | Mafia Mentors | Asst. Manager CCB&B | Team Leah | APPC Platinum Member | Welcome Wagon | MSV
Pandancer
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Pandancer »

:lol: I'm loving all of this talk about a Twilight University. Good ideas, guys! You should make a fanfic out of it. :P
And just thought I'd add: I prefer 'McCarty Hall'. x3 ... But that COULD be because it reminds me of Michael C. Hall, and I'm a big Dexter and Six Feet Under fan. :shock: -Shifty eyes-

Cam: Aww, I'm jealous! xD I would love it if my life were like Glee. Well, minus the drama, anyway. I haven't seen much of the show, but I love Artie. And was it Puck that sang 'Sweet Caroline'? I squealed a little when I heard that. xD
Ooh, and Kristin Chenowith's guest role, when she was singing 'How Do I Get You Alone'. < 3 ... Okay, back on topic. :roll: Don't mind me!

I really like this question, actually. o: There are a lot of names I agree with so far. Max, Callum, Matt...
I like the idea of 'Kyle' but every time I hear the name, I remember how obnoxious Kyle was at the beginning of The Host, before Sunny and everything. -Gags- xD
Here's an unoriginal answer: What about something simple like Daniel? I can picture him as a Danny. Kind of. :?

What do you think Emmett's room looks like? His house with Rose?

I never really thought about this. o: I don't know why, I guess it's because I'm no good at room designing. My room still looks like a nine year old lives in it, but I don't feel like changing it. :lol: But I imagine there's a large vanity dresser in the room somewhere, so Rose can always make sure she looks good. :roll:

Well, I'm going to go for a while. :3 Byee guys~
Backhoe Trainee in EDC, Inc. : Let's break down some houses! >D
Captain Bri Devonshire in Jasper's
Army -Salutes-
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

Hey everyone!!!

I have this whole block of time tonight and tomorrow where I don't have to do ANYTHING, so I decided to go count posts (I haven't counted since page 93 of the last thread. :shock: ), and HOLY FACINELLI!!!!! Those quiz things have been helping everyone out a TON!

And now, for the first time in a long time, I get to do the promo dance!!

Nezzie:: Hand Laborer
Dreamer:: Hand Laborer
April:: Bulldozer Trainee
Willow:: you went from Bulldozer Operator, to Wrecking Ball Trainee, to FINALLY Wrecking Ball Operator
Kat:: Dump Truck Trainee
Cam:: Hydraulic Broom Trainee
Shanon:: Dump Truck Operator
Kat:: Dump Truck Operator

CONGRATS TO EVERYONE!!! I'm very proud of all of you!!!

And now, I get to talk about everything I missed!!

I believe it was Elise (correct me if I'm wrong) that said she was going to see Taylor Swift next year. I must say, when I went, it was SO MUCH FUN! Taylor is a very good performer that really brings you in. You'll absolutely love the concert. :)

Mez, I know its been a long time, but congrats ont he iPod nano! I couldn't live one day without my iPod, no joke. I love it. :)

Cam, I just wanted to say a big HI and that I'm very happy to see you again! Its been a very long time. :)

Kat, those classes would be SO MUCH FUN!!! I want to be a teacher one day...even though its for ASL, maybe I could teach a bit of Cullen-ness to them. ;) Haha. Just kidding, people. Even though it would be way fun. :)

Mez, you fanfic is coming. I'm trying to do it when I can, and right now I've decided to devote a bit of time to the edc. Its on its way, though. Sorry, once again, for the delay.

I missed HALLOWEEN here on the Lex, so happy late Halloween! I didn't do much that was very exciting. I just went out with a couple of friends and did some fun things.

So, with NEW MOON (have to put that in caps. so excited!) coming out in just 2 weeks, I wanted to know who's going to a midnight showing? I most certainly am, and I wanted to know who was going to do the same.

And a big HELLO to everyone who has made this new thread go berserk ALREADY!!

I know this question was from the last thread, but I missed it and I liked it so I thought I'd give it a try. :)

If Emmett was placed in Edwards shoes, do you think that he could act as Edward did?
Well, if Emmett wouldn't have just killed her right off the bat (which probably would have happened. Emmett doesn't have the strength to not just eat someone if they smell like Bella does to Edward.), I think he would have changed her pretty dang fast. The second she ordered it, he would have been there to support it. Not only because it would be safer for her and she would get to live with him forever, but because then the scent would go away and everything would be the way it should be. He would be able to be around her without having the itch in his throat to kill her.

Congrats to the people who are STILL reading my post! You're amazing! You deserve a reward. :)

Ok, everyone! It was nice being on! I hope the next couple of days are like this one. I'd like to relax around the EDC more often. :)

~Carrie :)
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

Post by Bronze Haired Girl »

I'm loving the original questions. I don't think we've had any like this before.

The first thing that popped into my head was Tony. But I think it's because I have a fanfic (not posted yet) where Emmett meets a relative and can't use his name so he uses the name Tony Edwards - a twist on Edward's name (Tony = Anthony). I also agree with Kyle or even Kevin. Shawn, maybe.

Their room in the Cullen house probably reflects Rose mostly. Although I can see them having a black leather couch because he wanted it or a flat screen tv.

Their own house would probably be mostly Rose still, but his preferences would show in areas or entertainment. Such as the TV and stereo systems.

The Twilight Institute.... If any EDC crew members are students then maybe it should be the McCarty building - McCarty Hall - because it'll constantly be torn down and need to be rebuilt. :D

Time for the answer to yesterday's question.
Emmett_Cullen_* wrote:What year was Emmett born?
I was born in 1915.

Congrats to everyone that answered. Once again, everyone got it correct.

Mez = 10 points
Skylar = no points awarded, but she was 2nd to answer
Cam = 9 points (Just wanted to say Way To Go Cam! We got to add a new rank to the list!)
Willow = 8 points
Kat = 7 points
Shanon = 6 points
Pandancer = 5 points

Question of the Day 11/7/09

How old was Emmett when he was changed?
Banner by urcoolcarrie
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

Congrats to promos, everyone! (Though I believe I'm the only person who didn't get one...oh well. Must post more.)

BHG ~ I filled out the tech problem form. Thanks a lot for your help.

A lot of trophies to reflect his strength, probably. A lot of comfort, and electronics. :D Then again, the electronics would have to be protected, because at the rate Emmett and Rose break houses they'd be buying a new TV every day.
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
willowtree

Post by willowtree »

sweet! I'm now a Wrecking Ball Operator! *does promo dance* It's ok, Derek. you were MIA for a while, and your PMs don't work...

mm, yummy cup-cake. Thanks, Carrie!

Also, a McCarty Building isn't a bad idea... with all the female emmett lovers... We'll just have to make sure Rose doesn't find out.

ok, question:

I agree, BHG and Derek, he'd need BIG gaming/entertainment systems... And maybe if his room was only his room, and not Rosalie's too, he'd have big monster truck toys and a whole wall of entertainment.... but his house would be mostly Rose with a big TV and Wii, etc.

Toodles, peoples!

~h. f. e. l.

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)
copper curls

Post by copper curls »

urcoolcarrie wrote:
Kat:: Dump Truck Trainee
Kat:: Dump Truck Operator
:o :shock:

ohmygiddygodtrousers! two promotions??
*gasp for air, eyes tear up* um... *sniffs* I'd like to thank my Lex family, the OC, and the entire EDC Management team... *gets emotional, wipes eyes*

:lol: hahahahaha, just kidding. I'll settle for a Promo Dance. *wiggles butt and dances around like a lunatic*

and... woot woot! another 7 points! yessssss!
urcoolcarrie wrote:
Kat, those classes would be SO MUCH FUN!!! I want to be a teacher one day...even though its for ASL, maybe I could teach a bit of Cullen-ness to them. ;) Haha. Just kidding, people. Even though it would be way fun. :)
um, yes, I'm workin' out the details for the Twilight Institute. you're going to love it!

and, just wanted to say congrats to everyone for your promotions and to everyone who's been participating in the QotD. these questions will be similar to the Twilight Institute's entrance exam, so take 'em seriously! ;)

congrats Cam on the creation of your new rank. :lol:

and thanks, Carrie for the delicious snack.

pip pip!

~ Kat
xoxo

---EDIT---

What do you think of my new Emmett banner??