EDC, Inc.: Emmett's Demolition Crew #6

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Re: EDC, Inc.: Emmett's Demolition Crew #6

Post by SwanCullen »

Hi Shannon!

Okay, new question time (or another to answer :lol: )

Aside from Rose for obvious reasons, whom do you think Emmett is closet to in the family?
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
Pandancer
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Pandancer »

Hey guys! It looks like things are a little, well... Dead again. -Shoos cricket away- Go!
I think it's just because of school and all that. It seems as though every time school starts back up or Summer ends altogether, almost all of the team boards start to get quiet, which is understandable. Hopefully it won't last as long as last time, though.
Eep, I'm falling asleep at the keyboard as I type this so I'm going to try and make this a short post. Let's see...

SHANON! It's been so long. Again. -Hugs- Glad you finally remembered your password~ <3 Ooh, what's the tattoo of? I've always wanted one but I'm terrified of needles, and I'm worried that I may regret the tattoo one day. Or they'll make a mistake and if it says something like "Love", they'll write "Lose" instead or... I don't know, but you get the point~ xD

By the way, hahah, I love that you caught the Blues Clues reference! -High five- :P I always get strange looks because I reference the show a lot, whether it's because I'm singing the 'Mail Time' theme song or I say how I wish I could Blue Scadoo into the TV. :lol: What can I say? I used to love it.

Aside from Rose for obvious reasons, whom do you think Emmett is closet to in the family?
You know, my opinion on this one changes pretty often. On one hand, it seems like Emmett spends the most time with Jasper, hanging out and placing bets and just generally goofing off with him. But... POSSIBLE SPOILERS FOR MIDNIGHT SUN: After reading the chapters of Midnight Sun that SM posted on her site, it seems like he's much closer to Edward than some people realize, including myself. To me, the scenes between Emmett and Edward were what made the book, or at least what we got to read of it. And it makes me wish even more that MS had never been leaked, because there was a lot of potential for some Emmett-y goodness in that book. Anyway, that's not the point.END OF SPOILERS.

Ultimately, I think it depends on what you mean by 'close'. I think he and Edward have a very close connection that is more similar to the type of relationship brothers would have. And while he's also close with Jasper, I feel like they have more of a 'best friends' kind of relationship. Does that make sense? Oh pft, my answers never make sense, but whatever. xD
There's also Bella, who he sees as a little sister, and Carlisle, who I imagine he practically idolizes after everything he's done for them all. But I wouldn't say that he's the closest to either of them, but that's just me. Tough question! Maybe I should answer it again later, when I'm more wide awake and can think about it some. Hmm.

Anyway, I'll be quiet now. I just wanted to pop in, say 'hi' to everyone, and answer the question. So, hi! ^_^
Backhoe Trainee in EDC, Inc. : Let's break down some houses! >D
Captain Bri Devonshire in Jasper's
Army -Salutes-
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

I think you said it perfectly! Well done!

I think I would have to say either Esme or Edward. I mean, I would think he would spend a lot of time with Esme bulding and all that. Then he just seems really close to Edward as well. I can't make up my mind though!
shanon
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by shanon »

Bri!! I looooved Blues Clues! Drake ( my little boy) got me hooked. I always preferred Steve :) I'll send a link to my new tattoo pic. It's a half sleeve of violets & black swirls. I love it. Custom job ;)
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/alb ... 1471733073

Hi Swan Cullen! Nice to have you here. This place was soooo fun *sniffle* I miss the crrrazy days!

Yeah - after reading MS a.k.a. dark high noon, I felt he would be closest to Edward. ;)
EDC,Inc- Dumptruck Trainee!!!
Pic for banner by someone else.
Mrs.TeddyBear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Mrs.TeddyBear »

*grumbles* darn post-eating computer *bashes it upside the head* thats what you get :evil:

I apoligize yet again for not being around, school has started and kept me busy, Im currently procrastinating (studying for bio is no fun!!) and this piece of junk *smacks computer* has been viciously devouring my posts for weeks! *deep breaths* but its okay, Im not bitter in the least :roll:

Shanon~ Gorgeous tattoo! I love flowers and I love purple, so I love it :D

Did I seriously miss Emmett (and everybody else) by a couple of days AGAIN!???!?! *runs off to fume in piece* Darn it! Why do I always do that? :( at least the posts are still there so I can read the memories...so even though it's late, hey Emm!! And Alice and Esme! I love you all and never forget you're INCREDIBLE :mrgreen:

I don't have enough time to read through everything I missed, so I suppose a quick welcome and question will be it for me. Welcome first! Helllooooo all members that have joined since I was last on! I'm Mrs.TeddyBear, but I go by Ted and can't wait to meet all of you (when my "life" gets less busy and I actually have time to lex, that is). I hope you all love it here at EDC (I'm sure you will :D ) and feel free to PM me if you ever want to talk or if you have questions or anything along those lines.

Okaaaayy, QUESTION TIME!!! *warms up fingers by typing frantically* Ready!

I think...Edward. For similar reasons that Bri explained having to do with Dark High Noon (I don't want to make this spoiler-y though so I'll leave it at that). Steph has always said that Edward and Emmett are best friends, they've known each other for so long and even though they're pretty different personalities I feel like they fit together well and enjoy each other's company.

No I really must go bore myself to death in front of a biology book, only time will tell when I can escape from school and return to the wonderful world of the lexicon. In the meantime *blows crickets away with flamethrower* your all welcome to blast these darn critters away anytime you want *leaves flamethrower at the crews disposal* 8-)
APPCShopper|Mafia~GabbyTagliano
AntoinetteFrost~JCA|TeamEdward&Esme|EDCCS|2ICofRJR
EDCBackhoeOperator|GarageCheerCpt&2IC|SBSLevel1Bodygaurd
brunetterebel010
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by brunetterebel010 »

Hey guys what's up?
I haven't been here in forever, college is kickin' my butt!
Fat-I love you daughter! I hope you're behaving!
Ted-I have miseed you bestie!!!
Guys if you love me...check this out
http://inkpop.com/projects/71416/something-darker/
It's a link...to inkpop....to the book I'm writing! and I would love to know what y'all think about it!!!

OKay questions...

Who is Emmett closest to besides Rosealie?
I think it depends on what you mean. Overall probably Edward as far as friendship and advice. He's a lot like Alice, so they probably hang out. I'm not sure about Jasper or Carlisle and Esme...and obviously he likes to tease Bella, but she doesn't really know any of his deep dark secrets or whatever.. :D
Backhoe Trainee EDC. Inc.
Check out my book! Something Darker http://inkpop.com/projects/71416/something-darker/

Banner by jrsygurl!
Mrs.TeddyBear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Mrs.TeddyBear »

LLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!
Hello :D Its been so long since we've been on at the same time (okay admittedly theres an 11day difference here but still...)

Wait, 11 days and NO posts? NOOO! This cannot happend at EDC! We have to stay alive! *walks into rec room and sees crickets crawling around EVERYWHERE* This is NOT okay! I need back up!!! *walkie talkies all EDC crew to the thread for emergency cricket demoliton* This is NOT a drill, I repeat, NOT A DRILL!!! *blasts crickets away with flamethrower* I REQUEST BACK UP!!!! WE MUST KEEP THE THREAD ALIVE!!

New question to stay on-topic: We know Emm is very athletic and sporty, but do you think he would enjoy sports that require a lot of patience such as golf, fishing etc...?

C'MON CREW!! WE NEEEEED TO COME TOGETHER AND DEFEAT THESE CRICKETS!!!!!

*Changes into EDCCS uniform, grabs pompoms, and starts dancing and belting to the tune of Jackson 5's "ABC"*

E-D-C!
its as easy as 1 2 3
just come help me!
Defeat these crickets PLEASE!
E-D-C
1 2 3
you and me
to VICTORYYYY!!!!

:lol: Im so bad at improv... :oops:

Do it for EMMETT, keep the crickets away! *flames 'em some more*
brunetterebel010
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by brunetterebel010 »

Oh wow 14 days and 1 post!
TED I think this calls for flamethrowers!!! *rushes to office and grabs flamethrowers*
May have to knock the dust off, we've been gone so long the crickets have taken over
*murders millions of crickets with a single flame*

So...maybe a new question???

Have was asked....If Emmett entered NaNoWriMo (http://www.nanowrimo.org what would his project be? (If you don't know NaNoWriMo, basically, if Emmett wrote a book, what would it be about...?)

Edit* Haha, Ted, I didn't see your question but my answer is
No, I don't particularly think Emmett would like golf he's too impatient to play a game that slow and too comptetive to play a sport that is so polite
Backhoe Trainee EDC. Inc.
Check out my book! Something Darker http://inkpop.com/projects/71416/something-darker/

Banner by jrsygurl!
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

New question to stay on-topic: We know Emm is very athletic and sporty, but do you think he would enjoy sports that require a lot of patience such as golf, fishing etc...?
I think he would attempt Golf, but destroy the ball and club in the process! He would get frustrated and put them to dust :lol: I don't know about fishing. I think he would rather get in the river, lake, etc... and catch it with his hands.

*joins Ted*
E-D-C!
its as easy as 1 2 3
just come help me!
Defeat these crickets PLEASE!
E-D-C
1 2 3
you and me
to VICTORYYYY!!!!
Mrs.TeddyBear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Mrs.TeddyBear »

YAY!! PEOPLE!! people= posts = no more crickets = SUCCESS!!!! :mrgreen:

However we still need to blow these crickets away *grabs flamethrower and fffllllaaaammmeeessssss the crickets* :twisted: We make such a good cricket fighting team bestie :D Go us and our flamethrowers! We totally need a flamethrower song next

SwanCullen~ gosh Im so bad with nicknames, what do you go by again? You have permission to scold me for my poor memory, I just wanted to thank you for supporting my (lack of) lyrical talent and helping DEFEAT the crickets!!

We know Emm is very athletic and sporty, but do you think he would enjoy sports that require a lot of patience such as golf, fishing etc...?
I think fishing he would go for, but he would catch the fish with his bare hands and just sorta lurk in the water and then strike and it would basically just be hunting beacuse he could drain the fish after he caught 'em. That would actually be a really good fanfic or SM outtake! I love the idea of Emm in a swimsuit (or not :mrgreen: :shock: :oops: mind stuck in the gutter hehe :P ) catching fish as opposed to hunting, even though the hunting Emmett is a pretty great image too *drifts into EIC*

Yeah, so basically what SwanCullen said. And I think golfing would be too easy for him since he's so strong. He'd get a hole in one EVERY time so they would have to build a super big vampire golf course for him to be even a little bit challenged. Again, that would be an adorable ff! If you've ever seen Kellan in his plaid sweater vest and golf hat you know what I mean :mrgreen: *drifts back into EIC*

*drool*
*EIC continued*