EDC, Inc.: Emmett's Demolition Crew #6

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
copper curls
Welcoming Newbies with Cheers and Emmett-hugs

Re: EDC, Inc.: Emmett's Demolition Crew #6

Post by copper curls »

Bronze Haired Girl wrote: I am going to keep using the current point system for the QotD until the New Moon movie comes out. After that I am going to drop the points down to everyone receiving 1 point for a correct answer. The reason for the change is because the same 4-5 people are answering the questions. That's not a bad thing, I'm really glad they are involved. But I had hoped for even more involvement when I set it up originally. As it is, those 4-5 people are going to blow through all the ranks in no time at all if I keep the current point system very long.
BHG, I understand what you mean about the points system – it is always the same people, just rotating through the order in which they answer… not that I mind getting more points :D but it would be a bit unbalanced, what with certain people going through the ranks so fast. *shrugs*

and again, BHG, you're absolutely right: SM will give descriptive details of how black a person's hair is (oil, night, black to match their thirsty eyes, etc...), but for Emmett she states it as "dark," which, like you, I interpret as dark brown. similar situation - I have a friend whose hair is very dark brown, not quite black, and he tells people that it isn't black, just "dark."

Also, dreamer, to answer your other questions…
The Twilight Institute is just sort of a joke between willowtree and me. That’s all.

I like what you answered to the question, though… the idea of the glass and leather look, with those classic touches, likes roses. Very modern, but, like I said, classic. Timeless and flawless, like Emmett. ;)

Oh, and just a couple of things before I go…
one: BHG, I’m looking forward to the next QotD! Hopefully I will be able to answer in time…
looking stuff up, if it is required, may take some time. Like I said before, I usually have the answer, but I like to ensure that it is 100% accurate.

Second thing: I have another question for you all! :D
this is not really an opinion question, like we usually do.
Because we talk about what we think Emmett’s life is like (obviously!), but I’m curious about everyone else.

So, I realize our questionnaire at the beginning is a bit like this, but here is my question for you:
At what point did you fall in love with Emmett? Was there a certain event that you remember, or was it gradual, or something else entirely?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I would like to know what it is that makes him so special to each individual person, so specifically like that.

I’ll be back later to check in, but toodle pip for now!

~ Kat
xoxo
PM me for this stamp! | Cam is my TwiTwin | EDC/CS & OC | Mafia Mentors | Asst. Manager CCB&B | Team Leah | APPC Platinum Member | Welcome Wagon | MSV
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

Post by Bronze Haired Girl »

First off, a bit of business. I deleted the posts that were mistakes and should have been PMs to me. Just to let you know what happened to them. :)

copper curls wrote:At what point did you fall in love with Emmett? Was there a certain event that you remember, or was it gradual, or something else entirely?
Nice question. I know I've personally answered this several times over the years in various threads, but I'm not sure how much I've actually answered it here. I touched on it when I answered the questionaire, but I didn't really expand on it. So here's the long version of the answer to the question. *Feel like I need the story hat*

I was intrigued with Emmett as soon as he was introduced. I knew I liked him when he tucked Bella into his chest like a football to protect her from James. Each time he appeared I liked him more. Then someone posed the question about what kind of bear attacked Emmett. At the time, the common (mistaken) assumption was a grizzly bear. But I took the time to research a bit to see if Stephenie ever mentioned it specifically. She didn't. Since I was familiar with the Smoky Mountains I knew that grizzlies did not live in the Smokies. However, the black bear (a smaller cousin of the grizzly) is very prominent in that area. So I answered the question for the girl and explained my reasoning. After that I started trying to find out all I could about Emmett. Hence, my abundance of Emmett facts. :D Somewhere during that research I realized how much I loved Emmett. But it was really no surprise. In real life I'm attracted to that type of guy. In fact, my friends once pointed out all the similarities between my husband and Emmett.
Banner by urcoolcarrie
dreamer
Touched By Cold Hands
Location: Laxing with Gabriel.. cause Kait is long gone ;) we're both star struck by hanny

Post by dreamer »

Thank you ;) I think I get it..
And for the few-people-answering-in-the-quiz thing, I'm in! :D Just give me a day or two too fix a few things..

I like your question, I've been wondering a little too..

At what point did you fall in love with Emmett? Was there a certain event that you remember, or was it gradual, or something else entirely?
I'm not exactly sure actually. Like when you fall in love.. You usually don't know the exact time, date and place the feelings came. You just wake up one day and realize it, "I really do love him". If you know what I mean? I've never disliked Emmett, but one day he just went from just a Twilight character, to one of my favorite ones.

What I like about him is his happiness, the way he looks at life, and the way he can light up a room just by walking through it. He's the guy you wan't to hate, but it's just not possible. Strong protector, but at the same time the cuddly teddy bear.
It's a sexy rawness to him that few have, but that many women look for in a man...
Last edited by dreamer on Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
J&Bsig+avatarbyemaleth@vesperarium[/b]~on the list~team taycob~
EDC Crane Operator~SBS Combat Trainee~ APPC: bouncer~ Paiy and Puce, the ninja girls of the lex~
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist

Sorry everyone for not getting the QotD posted last night. I took some medicine and fell asleep. Anyway, here's the answer to Monday's question:
According to the book and Stephenie, what does Emmett drive? (I’m looking for make, model and color – NOT the vehicle in the movie)
He drives a Red Jeep Wrangler. I'm so happy you all got the color right. I wondered if anyone would get thrown because it was white in the movie.

Mez = 10 points
Kat = 9 points
Willow = 1 point (you got the red Jeep right but didn't include Wrangler, so I gave you 1 point for getting it partly right.)
Pandancer = 7 points
Nezzie = 6 points
Dreamer = 5 points

QotD 11/10/09 (This should have been posted last night)
On the Monday after Bella’s first day of school, when Edward returns, what is Emmett doing when she spots all the Cullens in the cafeteria?
Banner by urcoolcarrie
copper curls
Welcoming Newbies with Cheers and Emmett-hugs

Post by copper curls »

hey hey hey, Crew!

so... another nine points for me. I'm feeling a little smug, but it's dampened by the fact that no one else is joining in!
ever since you brought it up, BHG, it's been weighing on my mind... :roll: I thought people would be a little more enthusiastic.

but that is just me. *shrugs*

and, BHG, cos it's just you and me ruling the tread these days... :lol: just wanted to say how jealous I am that you are married to Emmett. basically. he is practically Emmett. :mrgreen:
I love it!

anyways, pip pip for now, chumlies wumlies,

~ Kat
xoxo
PM me for this stamp! | Cam is my TwiTwin | EDC/CS & OC | Mafia Mentors | Asst. Manager CCB&B | Team Leah | APPC Platinum Member | Welcome Wagon | MSV
nezziecarlycullen
Learning to Love Green

Post by nezziecarlycullen »

copper curls wrote: and, BHG, cos it's just you and me ruling the tread these days... :lol: just wanted to say how jealous I am that you are married to Emmett. basically. he is practically Emmett. :mrgreen:
I love it!

Im back now and so is bhg!!!!!!!!
copper curls good point :lol:
But for me its a bit hard to think of my dad as emmett, (how much i would love that( no offence to dad))
but as i think of it he does have the emmetty face and hair

well away from that, i ...... will add onto this post soon
alices party planing comittie
~EDC~
team renesmee
willowtree
Eating Spaghetti with Billy
Location: Kicking butt with her awesome Ninjasissyvildypuceowner!

Post by willowtree »

Nezzie, I haven't seen you in forever! Hey!
i would love to have my Dad as Emmett... (no offense Dad... :lol: )

Kat, I'm envious. You have the best words... you and Viola. Where do you get them?

What Vilde said. It was kinda gradual, but in Eclipse, it really hit. It featured the Cullen family more, and you really got to know them. :D

tooodles!

~h. f. e. l.

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist

I know you guys didn't have a full 24 hours to answer the last question, but I want to get back on track here. Forgive me?

On the Monday after Bella’s first day of school, when Edward returns, what is Emmett doing when she spots them all in the cafeteria?
Shaking his dripping hair toward Rose and Alice. Twilight p. 41, hardcover
If you've read MS you know there is more to this answer. However, Bella didn't see all that really happened. And out of respect for those who have chosen not to read it I kept the answer confined to the published books.

Dreamer = 10 points
Mez = 9 points
Kat = 8 points
Nezzie = 7 points
Willow = 1 point (gave you a point because you were accurate according to MS, but Bella didn't see that happen)

QotD 11/11/09:
On the way to her birthday party Bella thinks about how much she has missed Emmett. How does she describe him at this point?
Banner by urcoolcarrie
JazpersGrl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by JazpersGrl »

Hello, Team Emmett!

I come to mention the "dish it all" New Moon party on the Team Alice thread!

Here's the invite

It's a Movie premiere themed party. So dress to impress! Remember to bring a link with a picture of your clothes!

Hope to see you there!

Ali :D
FanFiction.Net Account
Alice's Party Planning Committee: Ultimate Bouncer
Jasper's Army: Ruby Slaughter
LNL Dogpound Cullenist
dreamer
Touched By Cold Hands
Location: Laxing with Gabriel.. cause Kait is long gone ;) we're both star struck by hanny

Post by dreamer »

Yaay! 10 points :D
I love this quiz! Emmett(Kellan) abs for the one who came up with it: http://www.celeb-invasion.com/wp-conten ... 1x600.jpeg

BHG- You're ,married to Emmett?! :o Goooosh you're lucky... *jealous face*

Hmm.. I've already answered the question, and it's a little early for a new one soo.. See ya! ;)
ImageImage
J&Bsig+avatarbyemaleth@vesperarium[/b]~on the list~team taycob~
EDC Crane Operator~SBS Combat Trainee~ APPC: bouncer~ Paiy and Puce, the ninja girls of the lex~