Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

velvet409 wrote:Bella was bitten while she was still human. As I understand it, all injuries sustained as a human are healed by the venom during the change. From the Illustrated Guide: "All forms of skin pigmentation--freckles, moles, birthmarks, age marks, scars, and tattoos--disappear during the transformation." Remember that Jasper's scars are all a result of bites he received after he became a vampire. So if Bella were to be bitten by a vampire after her change she would have scars like Jasper does.
You know, I thought this during the movie, and it made sense to me at the time. But as I was reading through here, I remembered that Bella was bitten by James as a human, and that left not only a scar, but a uniquely vampiric scar, as if the skin cells had begun to change to vampire cells. Vampire bites are not normal scars. Human Bella would not really notice just a few scars on her friends, and even running her fingers over Edward's, she might have been too dazzled to notice. Anybody remember if Vampella says anything about scars in Book 3, other than commenting on Jasper's?

Thanks for the referral to First and Ten, Virginia May, I really enjoyed it!
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

I have a fanfic that I'd like to recommend. It's called Written in the Stars by Lissa Bryan. The characters/scene play are a cross between Avatar (James Camron) and Star Trek.
Bella is a human girl who is about ready to "call it quits" when she gets kidnapped and taken to a whole other galaxy.
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
SweetKay
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SweetKay »

Oh My Gosh!!!

THE FALLOUT HAS UPDATED!!!!!

How exciting is that!! And it appears that this is just the start of 7 or so chapters to finish the story!! Of course I might just have to re-read the story just to get back in the groove! Such a nice gift!
SweetKay
ImageImage
TEAM EDWARD ~~ EX-FACTOR ADDICT ~~ WA ADDICT ~~ TEAM ALICE
SweetKay

Post by SweetKay »

So, 3 new chapters of The Fallout have posted so far! So good! Has anyone else read it yet?
SweetKay
ImageImage
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

SweetKay wrote:So, 3 new chapters of The Fallout have posted so far! So good! Has anyone else read it yet?
Sorry, Kay. Been holding out until it's complete. I just have been burned with WiPs way too much in the past.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
SweetKay

Post by SweetKay »

Jazz Girl wrote:
SweetKay wrote:So, 3 new chapters of The Fallout have posted so far! So good! Has anyone else read it yet?
Sorry, Kay. Been holding out until it's complete. I just have been burned with WiPs way too much in the past.
Caryn- Oh I so agree about being burned with WIP's! I still every now and then go back and check for updates on WIP's that have not updated in FOREVER! I am ever hopeful that "maybe" the author will sneak in updates! :banghead: Silly me!! But in this case I have no fear that that is going to happen. Actually from the author note at the end of the last chapter of The Fallout, OCD states that their are only 2 more chapters left! :o :shock: The last chapter (#36) was amazing and soooo touching. Charlie and Carlisle have been incredible in these most recent chapters. That is what took OCD so long is that she was not going to post again until she was completely done writing, so all of the chapters are complete. She is now not going to post again until after the New Year, but I believe that she is going to take us for quite a ride. Hold on everyone! I look forward to everyone catching up and discussing.

Happy New Year Everyone!! Be Safe!!
SweetKay
ImageImage
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

Jazz Girl wrote:
We're getting close, Caryn, hang in there!! SOooo excited to see how she ends it. Well, excited and nervous... I mean, it isn't marked tragedy, but you never can tell with these kind of fics. I have a feeling some character death may be involved. :?

PS- To anyone reading my stuff... please hang in there as well, I'm having some trouble focusing on them right now, but have every intention of getting back to them and wrapping them up, ASAP!
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

VirginiaMay wrote:PS- To anyone reading my stuff... please hang in there as well, I'm having some trouble focusing on them right now, but have every intention of getting back to them and wrapping them up, ASAP!
Ginnie - Isn't everybody reading your stuff? No worries. You needed to just focus on your family during the holidays. I have no doubt that you will be able to come back in fine form in January. We can wait.
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

Aaaahhhh! Fanfiction.net is down.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

Really? I've been reading all day. Mobile site, of course, don't know if that makes a diff. Hm, don't think I've gotten a new page since about 3 pm local though.
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901