Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
miss_annabella
Wandering Through Town

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Post by miss_annabella »

*EP Chapter 68 discussion*

This is going to get ugly. I have a feeling that Aro knows the lineage, and he will work with James to get Bella from him. Then use that as leverage to get Edward to take the Omerta. James is such a sick F&c# though, I hope he doesn't mess Bella up in the mean time. I agree with Jazz Girl's mention of the the CW& IA character parallel.

I hope Bella capped someone! She's a fighter, she has it in her. Can't wait to read her POV!!!
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

~~EP Discussion~~

SweetPea~ Brava, brava!! on the Italiano. It's so much fun to see us picking up those little thinks about this story that we so love!

Tracy~ I don't know that Jacob survived. Khar has said all along that some characters would die. I think a lot of us saw Carlisle in that situation, and that could still happen. But, I have a hunch that James is a pretty good shot and wouldn't have left him alive, or at least alive for long. If he was still alive when MobWard and BellaRagazza took off, he didn't make it long with that kind of wound.

I think you are exactly right about BellaRagazza wanting to block out James after she fainted. I think her fear of him and her not wanting to freak out MobWard worked against them here.

Khar tweeted (I think) or posted on Twilighted that she is planning 2 chapters per week for 6 more weeks, she figures. That gives us 11 more chapters, if things go as planned. Also, apparently 69 is already being betaed, so we might not have to wait too horribly long for our next hit of heartfail.

Miss_Annabella~ The only thing that gives me hope that James isn't in league with Aro is that he was called in for a sit-down and that's why Carlisle was leaving town. Remember what Carlisle said about sit-downs, there are only two ways to leave one; bloody or in a box. I think James bided his time until something happened that he KNEW gave him the upperhand and the element of surprise and he pounced. James doesn't give a rat's backside about the rules of the borgatta. He thinks he's above them. Plus, I'm willing to bet that he thinks if he walks in with Aro's long lost niece, his past misdeeds will be overlooked like last week's spilled milk.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Fizzles
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Fizzles »

This is a great fanfic day for me.

An EP chapter which was major heartfail. :shock: :cry: I'm praying the update comes in a few days.

Then ch70 of MOTU. Oh Fifty, how I love you! :D :twisted:

And then a story that I have been following, the last three chapters all posted at once. :D
Twice as Long as Yesterday
1866 Ireland. Isa Swan has agreed to Lord Cullen's proposal: in exchange for allowing her father and her to remain on his estate, she will submit herself to him each night for twice as long as the night before. But how long can she endure him? AH. B&E.

This story is only going to be on ff for another month as the author is then going to take it off and rework it with the hope of submitting it for publication.

Can we set up a rehab clinic to help with ff addiction?!
Member of Rob's Halfway House
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

How many chapters do you guys think EP will be? I'll start it when it's finished haha.

I'm in a stupid hotel wishing that I was home except my "home" doesn't even feel like "home" yet and ITS COLD HERE!!!! Missing Florida <3 <3 <3
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

Amanda Beth wrote:How many chapters do you guys think EP will be? I'll start it when it's finished haha.

I'm in a stupid hotel wishing that I was home except my "home" doesn't even feel like "home" yet and ITS COLD HERE!!!! Missing Florida <3 <3 <3
Amanda-Beth~ judging by Khar's comments, we can probably figure on a total of around 80 chapters, and and estimated finish date around the first of May-ish....assuming everything goes according to plan.
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

How does a story go for that long??? Like, I couldn't imagine writing anymore chapters of TPC than I am. I guess it would be like if I combined LAF and TPC (although that wouldn't make sense since there's a long time gap)? It's also probably different with AH/AU than with the canon I write. I dunno, I just couldn't imagine it.
Edwards-vamp-bride
Settled in Forks

Post by Edwards-vamp-bride »

O---M---G!!!!!!!!!! :o :shock:

ahh the chapter was INTENSE!!! MAN. AND I THOUGHT EVERYTHING WAS GOOD!! well, i had a bad feeling after she was fine, but DAME~~~ WHAT ABOUT THE CHIP!! does carlisle know?? and can Emmet de scrambles the signal, shoot there not going to know where she is, dame James!! ahhh i can;t wait till the next update...btw does anyone know when that might happen, like are we suppose to wait in this in this....major heartache, i need to know what happens next!!! aah i thinks are going to get MAJORLY UGLY!!
i think that she's going to figure out she principasse della mafia(spelling) and Aro will use it and side with James to get her under his control, and that Jake will be fine and that **GULPS** Edwards going to join the organization, despite everything so save her!!! i really hope Alec and Carlisle can stop him!! Edwards going to be in big trouble about the chip thing a
(man i REALLY) hope not!!!

***anxiously awaiting the next update******* I won't be able to sleep until then....um not joking!!
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

***EP Discussion...SPOILER ALERT!!!***
:shock: OMG!!! My heart has just now started back up after all that angst stopped it cold!
Jacob alive? Unfortunately, I don't think he would have survived a shot from James. He would surely shoot to kill and rarely miss.
Bella shot Laurent or James and went for help? I don't think so. I mean, sure...she has the hutzpah to shoot someone, but I think more than likely Laurent was killed by one of the shots that Edward fired. And, I don't think...much to my horror...that Bella has gone for help. James has her! :twisted: That sick #$%@!
James and Aro working together? Nope. James was called in for a sit down and blew it off. He is in deep doodie and he's running. I don't even think he knows about Bella's lineage. How would he know? They have purposely kept Bella's principessa status very quiet. I think he just can't stand being denied what he wants and Bella just happens to be something he was denied. I can't wait for Carlisle or Edward to cheerfully murder him in the most horrid way possible!
BUT...The title of this chapter makes me question a couple of things.
1) Heal and Steal -- Jacob and Edward's friendship is somewhat healed only for Jacob to be stolen by death.
2) Heal and Steal-- Jacob and Edward's friendship is healed and Bella is stolen by James AND so is Jacob by death
THIS WAS THE HARDEST CHAPTER TO READ EVER!! I LITERALLY THOUGHT I WOULD LOSE IT A COUPLE OF TIMES! I DON'T KNOW HOW I WILL SURVIVE UNTIL THE NEXT CHAPTER UPDATES!
:shock:
JillOBean
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by JillOBean »

EP CH 68 DISCUSSION
Jazz Girl wrote:
BEAN!!! Oh, Bean! You have just given me one small sliver ray of hope in what has been a dark morning. I didn't even think about the fact that maybe, just maybe, BellaRagazza gave James the business end of MobWard's 45!!! She's still missing, though. Which means, at the very least, she's hurt, disoriented, terrified and lost in the woods. But, if she shot James, maybe he was either, best case scenario, fracking blown to kingdom come, or worst case scenario, not hurt and chasing her. Maybe there's a happy medium and he turned tail and ran like the true rat he is. GAH!!! Okay, maybe not all hope is lost at this point. Thank you thank you thank you, Bean.

As for BellaRagazza, you are right, at least as far as we know. To our knowledge (remember we all thought she didn't know about Elizabeth's sacrifice either...) she is not aware of her true parentage. However, would James tip his hand by telling her...if he has her? Hmmmm.... And, no, MobWard has no intent of telling her, at least not in the immediate future. Though, we've seen that plan come back to bite him in the backside, haven't we. [/color]
JAZZY GAL! *rushes with big hugs*

You're so funny. :lol: Seriously.

Let's think of it this way...

If James merely wanted Bella dead, she would be by now. But we ALL know Khar is not going to kill Bella like that. So we can all breathe a little easier, ya know?

If James' only desire was to actually kill Bella, one of them would already be dead. So if anyone IS dead, it's James. And then yes, Bella is out in the world lost and scared.

The empty shell casing is IN the car so the gun was shot from the car. If either Laurent or James shot the gun from the car, why is Edward alive? And whom were they shooting at?

Bella may be naive and terrified, but she's a survivor, and one who knows how to shoot a gun now... there is no way in heck she is leaving that gun in the car and running.

And call me crazy... but is there's mad killers on the loose and Edward is out cold, she's not leaving him. Bella knows nobody in the outside world can help her. She's not that dumb. Bella also would NEVER leave Edward in an attempt to save her own life. She would sit in that car and try to wake him up. She would slap him silly, and she would sit there, intent to die with him if that's what it came down to.

Laurent is wounded. James is a made man, surely, if HE shot Laurent, the dude would be dust by now. Laurent's wounds are evidence of an amateur shot. The ONLY other person out of the four of them whom could have fired it would have been Edward, and that is speculating that he has some sort of amnesia and doesn't remember it or he would have told Carlisle.

Now let's imagine Bella is scared and lost in the woods. She has the gun with her. But even if James hasn't gotten to her yet-- why wouldn't he have? Edward was knocked out cold from the crash. The SUV would have stopped and Laurent and James would have gone to Edward and Bella and if their primary motivation was to kill them... neither one would be alive. Bella can't outrun two armed, adult men. She'd trip on a tree branch and it would be 'bye bye Bella' in minutes.

Also, let's look at the timeline here. When Jacob got to the school he said it had been twenty minutes since he spoke to Bella. Then he and Edward wasted at least five more minutes fighting like morons. The drive to the house took AT LEAST five minutes or so from turn of the key to flying in the drive way. So we're looking at thirty minutes here.

You mean to tell me that a made man in the mafia who wants to assassinate two people cannot find a proper vantage point to do it properly in thirty minutes time if not longer? You mean to tell me that James, if his ONLY motivation is the flat out murder Bella and Edward, is going to let them stand outside, clearly visible, NOT EVEN MOVING, having a leisurely conversation with Jacob Black for what... five, ten minutes?

So this man whose "only" intent is to kill lets his targets just hang out and chit chat in the open air. And THEN he "misses" his intended targets and shoots Jacob Black instead? No. I don't think so. And James wasn't alone-- he had Laurent with him.

Y'all cannot seriously tell me any of that junk adds up.

James wants more than Bella's life. In fact, he doesn't even just want Edward's life, either, or he would have it already.

Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

~~EP Discussion~~
Bean~
I tried to post a reply earlier, only to have my computer be completely stupid. Anywho, glad to know I make you giggle. No, no. I don't think for half a second that James wanted to kill either of them outright. You're absolutely right. He wouldn't have lain in wait, he would have just capped them as soon as MobWard stepped out of the car. It's clear he has some sort of agenda. I happen to think it has to do with turning Aro against Carlisle and Edward and taking Carlisle's position as right hand man. I also think he WANTS MobWard to know that he has BellaRagazza. He needs to inflict that hurt on him. I don't know. I'm just holding on to the edge of my seat.
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty