Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

EP Discussion/Spoilers~~~~

I could not believe how we got lulled into a sense of complacency at the beginning of the chapter--a 17 yo kid taking his college entrance exams, getting into a fight with his former best friend, getting home, and making amends with said best friend, then literally, BAM! My heart was pound so fast when the gun was fired! Just a few seconds earlier I was yelling at my computer(ok, at Bella ;) ) "Tell him about James, and get your ar$es back in the house and set the alarm!!!!" Here's my take on the chapter: I think Bella either was never knocked out, or came-to first, after the accident. Laurent was coming after them on foot, Bella got Edward's gun and shot Laurent. At this point, James found her and she bartered with him to take her instead of killing, or doing anything, to Edward. I'm secretly hoping she somehow still has the gun and is just trying to get James as far away from Edward as possible before shooting him.
The chip: 2 thoughts- 1) Emmett will be able to reprogram it back; or 2) Carlisle was already on to them and already took care of the reprograming.
I have to attribute this angle to the girls on Twiligted-I read the chapter so fast I didn't even think of this: if Jacob is dead (and, although he's not my favorite, I really hope he's not) what will happen to Edward? He was the last one seen with him-fighting and threatening him in the school parking lot. If he's arrested, Carlisle will move heaven and earth to save him...will he have to go to Aro? and what will he promise him in return? GAH! Khar, I love you for writing such an awesome story! ;)

UoEM Discussion/Spoilers ~~~~
I seriously wanted to cry at the end of this chapter--in a wonderfully good way for how far Edward had come, and the fact that he had enough faith in himself and in Bella to profess his love for her. I'm also glad that Charlie had his epiphany and the restaurant, and that Bella was honest with him about what had happened in the past with Jacob.

I'm so afraid of what's going to happen when they return to the University--I just know someone saw them leave together and saw Bella reach up and touch his hair...
(ok, I was lazy and just cut & pasted my review :lol:)

Laura & Tracy - I think we're our own fan-fic rehab clinic...at least we understand, and embrace the addiction! :lol:
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

***UofEM DISCUSSION...SPOILERS ALERT!!!***

LOVED THIS...
“Something frightening happened to you. Of course you want to feel safe and cared for. It’s not a crime, Isabella. And I want to help you, my love, so badly. But there are many different ways to do that. You don’t have to take your clothes off in order to capture my attention. You have it. Completely. You don’t have to have sex with me in order for me to make you feel better. I promise.”
LOVED THIS, TOO...
“Someone as giving and as passionate as you could never be terrible at anything sexual. You just need someone who will make you comfortable enough to express yourself. And then the tiger will emerge. He didn’t deserve to see that side of you and you were right not to show it to him. But we’re different. Last night, the night in the museum, even earlier tonight I have seen your passion. I’ve felt it. And it’s breathtaking. You are breathtaking.”
This chapter had it all for me...anger, laughter, tears...
:lol: When Alice told Emmett that Bella and Edward were a couple..."Emmett blinked like a lazy stoplight."
I am so going to steal that line and use it somewhere.
:shock: Bella caught Jacob and Leah doing the nasty in HER dorm room in HER bed on HER birthday, and Leah actually came on to her! GAH!
:cry: Professorward stopped Isabella from climbing in bed next to him so he could put on his clothes because he was mostly naked under the covers just to make her feel more comfortable after what she'd been through. Then, he was so tender with her while he rubbed her back and kissed her and soothed her...I was blown away! AND THEN...he untangled her hair by hand and brushed it for her. OME!!
FINALLY... :D "Isabella Swan, I love you." My heart melted!
Between UofEM and EP, my pain and heartbreak over the end of CW&IA has been lessoned some. I am still in heart failure awaiting the EP update, and I still dread Professorward and Isabella's return to the University, but I am surviving. Now, I am off to do some writing on Perfect Forever!
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

~~UoEM Discussion~~

My heart is cheering and my smile hasn't fallen all day. Thanks to SR's perfect planning, I usually wake up Saturday mornings, snag my Crackberry and read the new chapter before I even climb out of bed. This morning, my hubs even brought me my coffee as I was reading. Oh the Perfection!!!

Now, don't get me wrong. I know that this chapter is the calm and the love before the shiza hits the fan back in Toronto. But I will take it and hold it to my heart and bask in the glow as long as I can. I will say, I wanted to slap Em for being such a douche at the beginning, but I also wanted to hug him for what he said about finding the dog and protecting Bella some more.

When Isabella goes to him after her nightmare and he is so amazingly sweet with her, so careful, my heart just hurts for both of them.

When she decided to tell ProfessorWard her story with that dog, I wanted Edward to hunt him down and break him some more. But, I was also so amazingly moved by how utterly devoted to Isabella ProfessorWard was.

Her conversations with Charlie did set my mind slightly at ease. But, I absolutely loved how protective of her ProfessorWard was, even from her father.

And, that last line.... :shock: :D YAYAY!!!!!!!
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Sandy, Hi e-twin! Waves furiously from the HH thread. I'm so glad you made it through your very busy week. I think the school would fall apart without your mad skills, time, and dedication. ;)

University of Edward Masen Discussion

I absolutely loved this chapter for all of the reasons all of you have mentioned. The tenderness and devotion Professorward showed to Bella after her nightmare melted my heart--especially the way he didn't take advantage of Bella's vulnerability, yet still managed to make her feel beautiful and desirable while gently refusing her advances. I mean...who does that? :shock:

I'm also glad to see Bella and Charlie attempting to work through and salvage their relationship. It's good to see Charlie finally remove his head from his ar$e. :lol:

Bella displayed such strength as she finally revealed to Edward the gory details of her relationship with Jacob, the sicko. I'm proud of Edward for being so supportive and staying in the moment with Bella and really listening to her story, instead of going all ballistic and possesive and angry, if that makes any sense. We all know that Jacob doesn't really deserve to live, but now was not the time for Edward to say so and he remained completely focused on Bella instead. I hope Edward will be able to fully reveal his secrets to Bella very soon as well.

There were many very sweet, sexy, and funny moments too and I loved this bit:

Edward smiled and kissed her nose. “Duly noted. I would dearly like to shower you myself, but I’m afraid such an act would scandalize and shock my relations.”

Bella giggled. “Well, I can’t have you scandalizing your relations, Professor Masen.”

“Indeed, Miss Swan. It would be most shocking. Most shocking. So in the interest of decorum, my very flattered ar$e and I will forego showering with you.” He leaned forward, his eyes glowing. “For now.”

Rawwwwwwrrrrrrr! 8-)

I don't know about Bella, but I, myself am going to be so hot and bothered by the time they actually get to Florence that I'll probably spontaneously combust. :oops: :lol:

I'm very concerned about Bella and Edward's return to Toronto as they will be leaving their very sheltered and protective bubble to face the real world again, so to speak. I agree that someone probably did see them embrace by the car before they left for Thanksgiving, and that someone will most definitely make trouble for them.

I've been wondering what Edward's tattoo on his chest with the name M.A.I.A. (Maia) might mean. I know Edward said he had a vasectomy, but might he have ever fathered a daughter named Maia who died or was taken away from him? :shock: When Bella questioned him in this chapter about whether he loved Maia, he said something like, "It's not like that," and became withdrawn. :? Any thoughts?
Banner by TammyAZ
Fizzles
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Fizzles »

What have I done?! I have skimmed past your posts about UofEM for months, telling myself to wait till its finished. But my hand had other ideas this morning and clicked on the bookmark. Then I couldn't stop reading. Professorward is making my blood boil for all kinds of reasons!!
Member of Rob's Halfway House
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

Hey everyone, what does TNF stand for?
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
SweetImpakt
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by SweetImpakt »

DudeRocksTheTwilight ~ Your name's Derek right ? :D ( I came across your name somewhere) TNF stands for The Next Factor. It's the sequel to The Ex-Factor by AngelAtTwilight. But, the TNF still has to start. We're are all exctingly waiting for AngelAtTwilight to start posting the story since The Ex-Factor was an amazing story !

Amanda Beth ~ I'm there with you, I'm waiting for EP to be completed as well before I start reading it again. I read until chapter 37 and now I'm just gonna wait because I want to be able to read past the heartfail when it comes. Now that CW&IA is complete, I don't have much to look forward too :( I also started reading UofEM but the same thing there, I want to wait until it is complete.

I'm really enjoying MoBS. Though the Bella and Edward are way different from the ones in CW&IA, I still like them so far. And it's a funny story.

Desiree ~ I think Virginia May is refering to the discussion in the previous thread about stories being kicked off Fanfiction.net because of the rating and the explicit sexual content in stories such as The Training.
Last edited by SweetImpakt on Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

older_twilight_fan wrote:There were many very sweet, sexy, and funny moments too and I loved this bit:

Edward smiled and kissed her nose. “Duly noted. I would dearly like to shower you myself, but I’m afraid such an act would scandalize and shock my relations.”

Bella giggled. “Well, I can’t have you scandalizing your relations, Professor Masen.”

“Indeed, Miss Swan. It would be most shocking. Most shocking. So in the interest of decorum, my very flattered ar$e and I will forego showering with you.” He leaned forward, his eyes glowing. “For now.”

Rawwwwwwrrrrrrr! 8-)

I don't know about Bella, but I, myself am going to be so hot and bothered by the time they actually get to Florence that I'll probably spontaneously combust. :oops: :lol:

I've been wondering what Edward's tattoo on his chest with the name M.A.I.A. (Maia) might mean. I know Edward said he had a vasectomy, but might he have ever fathered a daughter named Maia who died or was taken away from him? :shock: When Bella questioned him in this chapter about whether he loved Maia, he said something like, "It's not like that," and became withdrawn. :? Any thoughts?
That scene was one of my faves, too!
Yes! I agree...spontaneous combustion may occur at any moment!
I have also been thinking quite a bit about the maia tattoo...I also believe it has something to do with a child. It had to be something very traumatic for Professorward to turn the pain inward on himself and resort to sterilization to ensure that he would never again be able to reproduce.
by Fizzles »
What have I done?! I have skimmed past your posts about UofEM for months, telling myself to wait till its finished. But my hand had other ideas this morning and clicked on the bookmark. Then I
:lol: :twisted: Oh, Fizzles...Don't expect to leave the house, leave your seat, eat, pee, etc. until you finish the story! Glad you joined us! HeeHee!
I am staying in on this Sunday morning to nurse a sinus/ear infection in hopes that I will be back to 100% by tomorrow. I haven't been to the gym in a week, and my progress on the scale has slowed to a crawl. :? I will hopefully finish Chapter 18 of erfect Forevertoday and get it posted sometime tonight. Happy Sunday, ya'll!
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

Thanks, SweetImpakt! ((Yes, my name's Derek. I'm sorry, I forget yours. :)))
I've yet to start the Ex Factor, I'm going to try and finish WA, then CW&IA, then start TEF.
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
SweetImpakt
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by SweetImpakt »

Derek ~ My name's Shauni. And those are my three favourite fanfics ever. Although Emancipation Proclamation is really really good too, even though I haven't finished reading it yet.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]