Switzerland--The Team Bella Thread

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: Switzerland--The Team Bella Thread

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

Maus wrote:So... apparently, unless I keep this thread updated myself... it dies. :(
I guess, I'll start a new topic.
What do you think of the actress chosen to play Bella in the movie?
Since Jacob hasn't had a large role, yet... Do you think Kristen and Robert portrayed the relationship between Bella and Edward appropriately? If not, why?
I was never a big fan of Kristen. I'm not exactly sure what it is, it changes everytime I see her, but overall I think she did decent.

And I think Kristen and Robert did the best they could portraying Edward and Bella. It was the scriptwriter and the director who didn't appear to do their job well, IMHO. I think, as I've said MANY times, their relationship was way too rushed, mostly because the movie was only 2 hours.
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee
Maus
Wandering Through Town

Post by Maus »

In response to my own questions.... lol.
I'm not sure I like Kristen as Bella. I think she did a poor job with facial expressions and her voice was very monotone. Of course, I don't know how much of a role the director and/or script played here.
I think that as far as the relationship between the two characters go... Robert upheld his half. Bella, though, again... was not expressive enough. When there's only a certain amount of time allowed for the film, then the actors/actresses cannot rely on the script to adequately portray the relationships between the characters... and subtlety is not an option.
\/Brittany\/
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Telling Jasper that Alice cheated on him...with a werewolf

Post by \/Brittany\/ »

Hi everyone! I'd like to join Team Switzerland! My mom calls me United Nations because I alwys try to break up fights and I never take sides :)

^^To answer the question about Bella's casting, I really like Kristen Stewart! I think she's great at portraying the kind of girl who wants to blend in, and I found her very believable as the role. I know that everyone has their own opinions, but I personally can't think of anyone better to play her.
Team Bella: Have a Little Werewolf with Your Vampire
I have Twilightis *cough,cough* There is no cure
Jasper Hale laughs at your mood ring
ravenGirl2468
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Going crazy trying to find my real version of Emmett or Dean Winchester

Post by ravenGirl2468 »

hey guys i would also like to join team switzerland so yaaaaaaaay and hi to brittany at my school poeple always call me a divider couse i dont take teams and my friends get in a lot of fights so i have to breake those up :roll:
~Team Emmett
Team Carlisle
~On the list~ Karl is my Twi-guy!
yanjan3
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela
Location: Happily moving to a world where Humans, Vamps and Werewolves get along...

Post by yanjan3 »

I'm team Switz now.. LOL, after switching teams for the nth time...

About Kristen as Bella, well she did an okay job but compared to the others she was the weakest link (IMO).
I agree with Maus, she was a little monotone for me too, but that could have been the fault of the scriptwriter or something(I'll have to read it again when I have time)... but when it comes to chemistry, Kristen and Rob sure HAVE chemistry!

I really hope Kristen can step her game up in NM, loosen up a little bit with those expressions(since I think she was a little too serious in Twilight), after all she does have one hell of a time with Jacob and the motorcycles... though I'm sure she can pull of the zombie thing quite well and misery-painful stuff too...
ImageImage
"I rate hot guys from 1 to RobPattinson".
Maus
Wandering Through Town

Post by Maus »

Welcome to Team Bella Brittany, ravenGirl, and yanjan.
Thanks for participating in the discussion... that isn't actually a discussion until we have a lot more people. Lol.
yanjan3
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela
Location: Happily moving to a world where Humans, Vamps and Werewolves get along...

Post by yanjan3 »

Thanks for warm welcome.
Yea that's true, where are all the people anyway? I thought a lot more people would be Team Switz, since there are those can can't choose between Edward and Jacob...
Maybe they think its for Bella fans only... well, I'm not really a team Bella, per se, I'm Team Bella as in Team Switz.. Edward, Jacob, Edward, Jacob..

How 'bout a new discussion? Anyone got new topics in mind?
ImageImage
"I rate hot guys from 1 to RobPattinson".
Oh Rosalie!
Official Dog Lover!
Location: Harper's Island. Hiding from John Wakefield and Henry Dunn.

Post by Oh Rosalie! »

i wanna join! can i? :D
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

in response to other comments, i think that kristen is a good bella.
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
ravenGirl2468
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Going crazy trying to find my real version of Emmett or Dean Winchester

Post by ravenGirl2468 »

oh rosalie i am pretty sure you can join but i dont have the power to say that so i dont know anyways i there arent many people so it aint really a discussion

i think kristen did a really good job playing bella her part was not an easy one to do so i think she did all right
~Team Emmett
Team Carlisle
~On the list~ Karl is my Twi-guy!