Preface

Our chapter by chapter discussion of Breaking Dawn.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
dragonrider713
Wandering Through Town

Re: Preface

Post by dragonrider713 »

1. As usual, the preface hints that Bella is facing death. Did you think she would escape again, or did you think this time would be for real?

I thought that, once again, she would escape.

2. Bella says that she loves the person killing her. Who did you think she was talking about?

I thought that she was either talking about Jake killing her for being changed or Edward actually changing her.
italiangirl1577
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by italiangirl1577 »

1. As usual, the preface hints that Bella is facing death. Did you think she would escape again, or did you think this time would be for real?
I thought the danger was going to be real. The Volturi had been too quite for too long...

2. Bella says that she loves the person killing her. Who did you think she was talking about?
I thought she was talking about Edward, but I took it into a figurative context.
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

I was hoping she would die because I don't believe you can escape your fate, and seeing as this was her fourth time nearly dying, I'm pretty sure that she was supposed to die. But, of course, I knew she wouldn't die because this is Stephenie Meyer we are talking about. There are parallels between her and the Disney Channel. She sugar-coats a lot of things.

I knew it was Edward and she was being turned into a vampire.
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

1. As usual, the preface hints that Bella is facing death. Did you think she would escape again, or did you think this time would be for real?I thought she was talking about a different kind of death. Like she was being changed, and that it hurt so bad, that it was like death.

I was absolutely sure it was Edward. I thought he was changing her.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

I thought she would survive. I mean what kind of story would it be?

When I first read it I thought she was talking about Edward. My mind also went to Jacob, it never occured to me that a baby could/would be involved.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
edwardisperfection
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by edwardisperfection »

I just knew that Bella was gonna survive somehow, she always does. She always comes close but someone always rescues her. It gets kind of annoying after a while though, someone always having to save her from certain death. But that's okay because usually its Edward doing the saving. :mrgreen:

I actually guessed that Bella would be having a child in BD, but never considered that the preface was possibly about the baby. I thought it was about Edward killing her or something and she didnt want to fight back for some reason? I don't know i was confused.

But as soon as I read Edward's reaction to Bella's pregnancy I realised that was what the preface was about, and I read it again and it made sense.
TeamEdward
Bringing sexyback since 1901.
"So the lion fell in love with the lamb."
"What a lucky lamb."
Sturpherz
Wandering Through Town

Post by Sturpherz »

No, I did not think that bella was going to acctually die in the story. I think after reading Stephenie Meyers stories that it was pretty odvious that she was not going to kill off our Bella, and to be honest I am glad she didnt... I dont like stories with a bad ending.

When I read the preface I Thought that it was Edward, and that something went wrong when they were on there honeymoon...
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by RussetRose♥ »

I knew that she would escape. She did in the last 3 books, and I'm sure that most people would be pretty mad if she got killed.

I really remember who I thought she was talking about. I think that I may have thought that it was Edward or Jacob.

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
-veiled-
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by -veiled- »

- Of course, I thought it would be real, but not in the sense that she will never live again. She will just live as a vampire. I knew it would happen eventually, and finally it did. I was literally anticipating it. :)

- Edward! Absolutely, Edward! The only person she loves the most is him!
inlovewithabook08
Wandering Through Town

Post by inlovewithabook08 »

Alphie wrote:1. As usual, the preface hints that Bella is facing death. Did you think she would escape again, or did you think this time would be for real?

Answers

1. Well my initial thoughts were that she was facing death and this time it was going to end in a different manner, of course my hopes were for her to truly become a part of the Cullen family.

2. I thought she was talking about Edward.
The boys of Twilight are my favorite.