Chapter 2: Long Night

Our chapter by chapter discussion of Breaking Dawn.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
mazimendes
Settled in Forks

Re: Chapter 2: Long Night

Post by mazimendes »

error
Last edited by mazimendes on Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Você me ama"

"Sinceramente, amo"
mazimendes
Settled in Forks

Post by mazimendes »

1. Does Bella really understand all that she will give up in becoming immortal? Do you think her understanding is limited by her age, life experience, or something else?

Bella doesn't understand completly, but she knows that her life will only be complet when she becomes one with Edward, so, she's very sure of her decision. She never did fit in in the world of humans

2. What do you think Emmett and Jasper were going to do for Edward's bachelor party? Was Jasper telling the truth?

I think that they planned for something else, more wild. But Edward won't allow it, he's too serious to do something stupid just before the thing that he expects the most: marry Bella

3. Tanya made a play for Edward long ago. We don't know much about Tanya, but we know quite a bit about Edward. Why do you think he turned her down?

Because he doen't believe in sex, or something like that, without love. And he doen't love Tanya, so... he can't have anything with her.

4. About Immortal children. At what age or developmental stage would the Volturi allow them to be created? A two-year-old usually understands the word no, but evidently that wasn't enough. How would they determine if the child could "keep the secret"? What would the determining test(s) be?

Very difficult question, I think they must have some rule that immortals must have a minimum age, but I don't have any idea wich age...
"Você me ama"

"Sinceramente, amo"
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by RussetRose♥ »

1. Does Bella really understand all that she will give up in becoming immortal? Do you think her understanding is limited by her age, life experience, or something else?

That's a hard question. I don't really know. I mean Bella wants to be a vampire because of Edward. I'm not sure if she really realizes all that this entails.

2. What do you think Emmett and Jasper were going to do for Edward's bachelor party? Was Jasper telling the truth?

I think that they just went hunting, but maybe not for what Bella thought that they were getting.

3. Tanya made a play for Edward long ago. We don't know much about Tanya, but we know quite a bit about Edward. Why do you think he turned her down?

I think he turned her down because he wasn't looking for anyone at that point in time. He wasn't interested in having a mate. That's just a theory that I really don't know is true.

4. About Immortal children. At what age or developmental stage would the Volturi allow them to be created? A two-year-old usually understands the word no, but evidently that wasn't enough. How would they determine if the child could "keep the secret"? What would the determining test(s) be?

I would have to say at least 13. Anyone below that could very well slip up and spill the secret. I would say that if the child knows that your immortal and doesn't say a word, then I think that you can trust them to keep the secret if they were to be changed.
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

I think she fully understands what she's losing. I think yes, maybe she thinks she can see her parents after her first year, but you know, love tends to mask what you could be losing if you chose to stay with that person, for eternity.

I thought that they were going to hire him a stripper, until Jasper said no strippers to bella...Jasper doesn't lie. lol

She probabaly tried toover power him too much. You know, wear the pants in the...."relationship"

I think that the child woulld know how important it is to keep their secret, a secret, reguardless of the age. It's soprt of instinct, if you will.

-Dark
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
Riddalyn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Riddalyn »

I think at first, in the beginning of the series, she doesn't understand at all. Her decision and understanding is limited by one thing: her love for Edward and wanting to be with him forever. She doesn't stop to think about what she's giving up, what she's going to lose, and who she's going to hurt. But as time goes on, especially after Rose's story in Eclipse, she begins to gain understanding I think. She finally begins to question it, and ask for a little more time when she realizes she isn't ready. But of course, by the end, she understands that it's really what she wants to do and must do.

I'm sure he was being honest. I couldn't imagine vampires finding any draw in strip clubs (well, maybe Emmett, but I don't think Rosalie would be very pleased).

She wasn't Bella. He's said many times himself that he couldn't have been happy until he found her. And, of course, she's kind of... wild and seductive. I don't think that's his type.

Well, while a two year old can understand the word 'no', that doesn't mean the two year old always listens. I think maybe in their teens, they would be allowed to be turned. But then again, a thirteen year old is very rebellious and rambunctious... maybe they'd be more trouble.
Team Jake - Because I Can Take The HEAT
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

I think that she has a pretty good idea. She's known for what a year and a half or so what she wants? She has spent a lot of time w/the Cullens and learning their different stories & I think that she got some good information from them.

I was hoping that they would do something more fun than hunting! :D But I was pretty sure Jasper was telling the truth. Edward is an old fashioned gentleman and would never go to a strip club. (I laughed when Bella asked that, I was like what?) I would love to read this part from Edward's pov & know what was going on. (I'm pretty sure Emmett & Jasper probably had fun teasing & joking w/Edward about him finally not being single.)

He just realized and knew that he wasn't attacted to her & didn't have any feelings for her. He would never lead her on.

I think they would have to be at least 16 yrs old. Sometimes the physical development has nothing to do w/how mature the person would be & the ability to act responsibly. (Responsible as a vampire could be.) I'm not sure about the test. I think it would depend on what kind of human they are.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Elisabeth33
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Elisabeth33 »

I'm not sure if she does or not, but I like to think that she understands. She always acts so middle aged, so hopefully that has given her what she needs to understand what she's losing.

It sounds reasonable enough to me that they'd be going hunting, all of Bella friends and family are going to be at the wedding and they wouldn't want to make a mistake there.

He was waiting for Bella, even though he didn't know it when he turned her down.

Maybe 10 they'd start allowing them to be turned. Bella says Jane hasn't developed her bosom yet, that happens anywhere from 8 to mid teens, depending on the girl. And she says Jane and Alec are pretty small and twins, meaning they should be about 8-12. Maybe Aro would touch them and know if they had the restraint necessary?
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3
Official Dog Lover!
Location: Barackling out with Bri and Brits, while making newbieness banners. Also trying out postahol.

Post by Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 »

1. Does Bella really understand all that she will give up in becoming immortal? Do you think her understanding is limited by her age, life experience, or something else? I think her understanding is limited by her rushing and willing to do whatever it takes to be in time and not older than Edward. And to be able to stay w/ him as long as she wants. I think she does understand a bit though.

2. What do you think Emmett and Jasper were going to do for Edward's bachelor party? Was Jasper telling the truth? I knew they were gonna go hunting.

3. Tanya made a play for Edward long ago. We don't know much about Tanya, but we know quite a bit about Edward. Why do you think he turned her down? Because like he said I walked 90 years among my kind thinking I was complete in myself when I really was just waiting for you. He thought he didn't need nor want Tanya. THANK GOD HE THOUGHT SO! :)

I have no clue honestly. lol I haven't thought about that..
crazytan786
Settled in Forks

Post by crazytan786 »

I don't think Bella really fully understood. The main reason she wanted to be immortal was that she craved being like Edward, being next to Edward forever, and basically never having to lose him. She understood that she would have gone through the newborn stage (which never happened) and that meant a lot of pain and emotional stress, but she didnt really consider what it would be after everyone she knew and loved in her human life died. All her friends, her parents would have died and she would carry on. I don't recall Bella actually considering anything like that.

Lol, I really don't think that they would go to a strip club. Also, like everyone else, I don't see a reason for Jasper to lie. They most probably just went for a good old boys-night-out-hunting. Maybe in a very exotic location?

Besides, I can't imagine Edward in a strip club. He just wouldn't be interested, and would just want to get out. Equals pointlessness.

She probably wasn't his type, and maybe she just was trying too hard :P
Also, she could have had too many vivid pictures in her head which could have scared him off, lol.

Toughie question!

I think that the age which everyone more or less understands what is right and wrong, and the age which people begin to have a lot more self-control is 13-14. I think that they could determine how they kept the secret by examining people of that age. Say, giving one of them a secret about someone, which would be sensational news. Next, they could start to spread a very very vague rumour about that person. If the "secret keeper" (sorry about HP ref.) resisted all the attention, and kept the rumour, then it would be safe to entrust that child with secrets.
♥♥ Βў τнє αẃєѕомє ЈS ♥♥
TwilightMad
Settled in Forks

Post by TwilightMad »

I think she never really understood until we got to eclipse, where she finally started to get what she would be missing. Jacob, Charlie and Renee, all her human friends. Needing Edward physically. But i dont think she fully understood what she will be missing. I think she doesnt understand what she'll be losing, only counting what shes gaining. Edward<3 forever, vampire family, incredible strength, etc.

I think they were gonna go hunting a bit and do some kind of wild things only vampires can do.
Edward in a strip club? I dont think hed wanna go. He already has Bella, and it seems thats all he wants.

Well, it says that shes a blonde, and that Edward prefers brunettes(yay!)
Maybe she wasnt his type of girl.

Well, id say at like 14 years old would be allowed,. I think the determining test would be too
put the immortal child in a room with Aro's "snacks" (the ones that Heidi brings in), and see how long it is before the mortals notice or The immortal child kills them all.