1. Jacob tries to find his imprinte by scanning the crowds at the park. Do you think it is a realistic plan? How do you interpret his banter with Lizzie? Why does Jacob not pursue Lizzie?
Scanning the park for an imprintee was pretty stupid idea. For all the people there that day knew, he was a creaper looking for you know what.
I do think that had he been normal, as in no wolf gene, he would have gone after the Lizzie girl. She knew how to talk to him about things. Jake, I think, didn't go after Lizzie because he knew that if they were meant to be he would have imprinted on her, and that does't usually give the heart what it wants.
2. How do you interpret the actions of Leah when she confronted Bella. What do you think she said?
Leah was Jake's friend too, and saw and knew how it felt to be the other person in a relationship and didn't want to see Jake go through that. She was in his exact spot when it came to the whole relationship and wanted to give him an out.
3. Why is Jacob, who is not the Alpha of the La Push wolves, the tribal chief, able to grant the Cullens a leniency in the treaty? What are the ramifications of his granting the Cullens this mercy when it comes to the other wolves and the tribe? What would Sam say?
When the wolves originally came about Sam took control of them, but the Black line was the last tribal chief the area. It was with Ephram (sp?) Black that the treaty was made, so it was only someone with his blood that could grant the pass to the Cullens.
The tribe sought Billy in difficult times, and Jake even said that his father was one of the more respected elders in the area, so if this is true, then similar respects are passed to Jake because of that. Like I said, the Black line was the last in control, and therefore the ones to grant the pass. Sam cannot do much because, as Edward said, his power was assumed. Jake's never was.
4. Do you feel that by this time, Bella and Jacob have resolved their issues? Or do you feel that their relationship will still be uneasy?
I do think that there was an issue or two that they never worked out, like why Jake practically said he would kill himself to get what he wanted.
5. When you first read this chapter, what were your reactions to the end? What did you predict would happen in the next chapter?
I wanted to know why it would end there with an upping of blood. I wanted to see if they were able to get the child out, and start the change of Bella. I kinda hoped that they could get the child out and get the change started.