1. Bella is facing down the Volturi in battle. She talks about “we’re going to die.” When you first read this, who do you feel is with her?
The Cullens and the wolves.
2. The numbers are not in Bella’s favor. How many Volturi did you imagine were then, when you first read this chapter? Any particular Volturi did you think were there?
I thought it was likely to be a hunting party, certainly, definitely containing Jane and Alec and probably Felix as well.
3. As Bella’s panic rises, she her thoughts go to the “precious one.” Who do you think is her “precious one” that she is guarding from the Volturi?
4. The burst of light causes Bella’s feelings to change. What do you feel is that burst of light? What would change Bella’s perception?
I think the perception itself was the burst of light, and the realisation of how she had changed.
5. When you reach the end, Bella is preparing to attack. What were your feelings when you first read this? What predictions, fears, and theories did you have at this point?
I felt that it was going to be one hell of a battle. As to what form this battle would take, I was unsure.