1. Were you surprised by the LaPush wolves granting passage to Alice and Jasper or their willingness to stand with the Cullens?
Yes on the passage thro Lapush even tho Jacob imprinted on Nessie it would seem they still wouldn't want them on their land "just to be safe"
. Not a bit surpised that they was willing to stand with them, to them they are protecting a brother and the object of his imprinting.
2. J. Jenks is not a name we’ve heard in any of the three previous books, but seems to be very important to Alice. Why do you think Alice was so secretive about making sure Bella was the only one to learn J. Jenks name?
Simple noone can hear / see her thoughts.
3. Edward enters the cottage after only 13 seconds when Bella has asked for 30. Does Edward not trust Bella? What does this say about his self-control and new relationship with Bella since she became a vampire?
He worries about Bella, I wouldn't say he don't trust her, I think he was more worried about her state of mind then if she was up to something. self control an relationship only got stronger after her change
4. Should Renesmee be shielded from what’s going on around her, because of her, as Bella wants, or should she be told everything as Jacob does?
Yes she should be told everything.
5. Do you think Bella’s gloomy reasoning is sound or should she be more optimistic like Emmett and the rest of the Cullens?
I think the gloom helps Bella, Bella is a natual worrier and thro her worrying it help her protect not only herself but others around.