Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: New Moon Movie ~ Take 2

Post by CantBreathe »

I'm not sure if it was ever mentioned in the books, but SM definitely clarified in her personal correspondence which can be found on the Lex. Jane and Alec were very young. Aro had his eyes on them, but wanted to wait for them to get older before changing them. However, their fellow townspeople tried to burn them at the stake for witchcraft, so Aro was forced to intervene and change them before he considered them old enough.
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
ellalou73
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by ellalou73 »

I think Jodelle could pull it off, she's been in some rather interesting movies, indies and all. I looked on IDMB and the last stuff they have of her was a project she worked on last year or even two years ago so she should be old enough for the part then based on what you said Cantbreathe, maybe she would work, where did you read that?
twilight1909

Post by twilight1909 »

I know they're young, but any word on just HOW young we're talking?
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
siobhan1
Settled in Forks

Post by siobhan1 »

hey NM fans,
For all of you who are throwing around Johnny depp, Frank Langella, Sir Ian Mc Kellen, Christopher Lee etc, as possible actors for Aro Caius, and Marcus, I think you should think budget first. Twilight was very successful because it used little known actors at relatively low cost. As talented as these actors are, New Moon does not need these actors or the financial strain of the salaries they draw ($20million at least for Johnny Depp). There are plenty of great character actors out there who are lesser known but would be great. Billy Burke rocked as Charlie. So save the budget for improved special effects for the werewolves and lets not go with a big name. Also, I think a big name would overshadow the importance of Bella and Edward. The Volturi need to be great villains, but a great actor is not necessarily a "Big Name". Anyway, that's my take.
ellalou73
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by ellalou73 »

I think your right about them needing to focus on the film but someone already stated there was talk of getting Christopher Lee to play one one of them and I think they should make enough from Twilight to plan for a bigger budget with a few known faces, they may just choice one known for say Aro and then the other two someone of a lesser scale.
amie
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by amie »

ellalou73 wrote:I think your right about them needing to focus on the film but someone already stated there was talk of getting Christopher Lee to play one one of them and I think they should make enough from Twilight to plan for a bigger budget with a few known faces, they may just choice one known for say Aro and then the other two someone of a lesser scale.

Even if they double the budget, that barely covers the current cast. Remember Kristen and Rob each went from 2M to 10M - that's an additional 16M there from the imaginarily doubled 37M. I'd bet my last copy of Twilight that Catherine got a hefty raise as well. We already know the effects are going to be much more (they better be) plus filming "on location" in Italy. It's going to be more expensive because it just is. I don't know that it will grant us the bigger name stars along with that.

And honestly, I don't know that it should grant us bigger names. I liked that it was all minor actors in Twilight. I think it was extremely well cast. There's a very good chance they can hit on some (cheap!) people that we've never heard of, but can really nail things. That's what I'm hoping for, so they can put all that money into the visual stuff that could really break the whole film.

If Christopher Lee or John Doe plays Aro, it won't matter nearly as much as if the fursplosions look like Sonic the Hedgehog.
shawniegore
Learning to Love Green

Post by shawniegore »

amie wrote:
If Christopher Lee or John Doe plays Aro, it won't matter nearly as much as if the fursplosions look like Sonic the Hedgehog.
:lol: ROFL fursplosions :lol: :lol: :lol:

CantBreathe

Post by CantBreathe »

ellalou73 wrote:I think Jodelle could pull it off, she's been in some rather interesting movies, indies and all. I looked on IDMB and the last stuff they have of her was a project she worked on last year or even two years ago so she should be old enough for the part then based on what you said Cantbreathe, maybe she would work, where did you read that?
http://www.twilightlexiconblog.com/?p=198
In this personal correspondence, SM says: They were burned at the stake for witchcraft when Aro stepped in. (By "stepped in" I mean "slaughtered the whole village," of course). Aro already had his eye on these two, but he wanted to let them age before he took them. The villagers forced his hand, which sort of pissed him off.

Both Alec's and Jane's character bios have their Date of Change as "unknown, but they were very young".
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

CantBreathe wrote:I'm not sure if it was ever mentioned in the books, but SM definitely clarified in her personal correspondence which can be found on the Lex. Jane and Alec were very young. Aro had his eyes on them, but wanted to wait for them to get older before changing them. However, their fellow townspeople tried to burn them at the stake for witchcraft, so Aro was forced to intervene and change them before he considered them old enough.
Thanks, CantBreathe, I knew I had read that somewhere, I just could not remember where. :)
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
shygirl1
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by shygirl1 »

ana; wrote:hii.
can someone please PM the link to the famous FanFic everyone was talking about in the older thread?
i'm 18 haha.

i think i didn't even sleep browsing the fanfic.com page trying to find it somehow,
no luck!

Did you receive the link?