Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
nafereti
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Location: roll'n wit the turtles, run'n wit the wolves & Taylor's Left Pec

Re: New Moon Movie ~ Take 2

Post by nafereti »

Ben Barnes as Aro
I think that Ben will NOT be a good Aro. He is just too young looking for the part. It's been awhile since I read NM but isn't Aro like really really old? Why can't he just play the role of Demetric? I think Ben will be prefect for him. Maybe Ben wants to play Aro because he has more lines?

Taylor Lautner/Michael Copon as Jacob
Okay this is just making me go crazy. I mean, what was the point of casting Taylor only to replace him? If Michael really wanted to play Jacob, well damn, he should have just audition for the role in the first place. Taylor got the role, therefore he should remain as Jacob all the way. The only reason why Taylor is getting replaced is because
1)he has a "boyish" look
2)the fact that he isn't full Native American
3)he's not tall
4)he's not bulked up
(I think that's all, well the main ones at least)
Okay let me break down all the reasons.
1)Taylor's boyish look is what makes him Jacob. Jacob is 2 years younger than Bella. Plus Taylor doesn't really look all the younger from Kristin. So maybe during the whole Twilight Movies, he's boyish look will grow into a more mature look.
2)This is a stupid reason. Taylor clearly stated that he has some Native in him from his mom's side. On the other hand, Michael Copon is Filipino & German. There is no trace of Native in Michael. So Summit is just contradicting themselves.
3)Taylor is only 16. The boy will grow in time. Until that happens, use some damn CGI on him or camera angles to make him seem taller. It's freakin Hollywood. If you guys can make the world come to an end & kill everyone, you can make a 16 year boy look taller.
4)Same as above. Plus, Taylor has been hitting the gym to bulk up. You have to give him some credit for that. & look at the actor who plays Sam. He's not even tall or bulky in the Twilight movie & he was already suppose to be a werewolf. & Summit is complaining about Taylor? What's up with that?

Is it just me or does it seem like the only reason why Ben Barnes & Michael Copon want to be in NM is to help their careers? Because Twilight blew up out of nowhere & now look at everyone in the cast. They're all big stars. Maybe Ben & Michael want a taste of fame as well.

Edward missing during 2/3 of the movie
I personally have no problem with Edward being out of the film. If us fans want Summit to stay true to the books then Edward should be gone. I mean, didn't you all feel the excitement of Bella & Alice racing to save Edward. & was I not the only one cheering on Bella as she ran to save him before he walked out into the sun? Now just imagine that come to life. You can see it on the big screen & with Edward gone during the movie, it causes a bigger affect from us all. I think the only time they should show Edward in the movie, is when Bella is hearing his voice. They should switch to showing Edward's eyes every time Bella hears him saying her name. & when he starts to yell at her, then they should switch to his mouth speaking the words...you know?
Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
Miss Cullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Miss Cullen »

So I just read that summit have officially announced the release date for new moon: Nov 20 2009.

More here:
http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00020617.html
Mrs.Cullen1710
Wandering Through Town

Post by Mrs.Cullen1710 »

chichichobits wrote:Hopefully Chris will not recast Jacob come on I'm pretty sure he can gain the weight. All they have to do is put on a little liner, throw on some fur, get a hot glue gun, bring in some stilts and there you go--older Jacob.

:lol:
shygirl1

Post by shygirl1 »

does anyone have the YouTube version link of rob and kristen talking about the non-kissing scene that MTV movie blogged yesterday? Pls provide link
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

I went to high school with WIlliam Beckett. Haha. Cool kid, good times in gym class with him. :)

Kissing stuff... how cute is Rob? Ha.
http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/12/15/tw ... out-scene/
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
cullensallovamybinda
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails
Location: Owning the candy store. Watching *drooling* over Emmetts BonBon's with Shannon!! :P yumm<3

Post by cullensallovamybinda »

YAYAYAA STARTING COUNT DOWN>> SERIOUSLY... if they replace taylor there will be some ANGRY fans.... i dont want to be in the middle of that.
FrontLoaderTrainee~EDC.INC lets break down some houses
The Red Jell-O Reinforcementsvs.Emmett's Undiesvs.The Cotton Candy Revolutionists Jell-O Wars of '09
KAT IS MY TWI TWIN
ana;
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by ana; »

wait, how do you guys know they're replacing Taylor?
I think it's just rumors.

he's listed on IMDB as Jacob Black.
Imdb doesn't post cast information until it's official.
Immy93
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Immy93 »

http://www.perezhilton.com/category/twilight/

This was on Perez!
They haven't officially said they are getting rid of Taylor but they haven't said they're keeping him either!
It is so ridiculous!
He IS Jacob Black!
I think Ben BArnes would be good as Aro too!
He'd look good once he was done out properly!

xxx
ImageEdward Cullen
elizabella
Location: In our cottage, discussing the latest fashion trends with Alice.

Post by elizabella »

Maybe we should get a new topic for people to debate if they should keep Taylor or not. I know I'm whining here (but I'm having a crappy day) but I feel like I go through 5 pages of fighting for Taylor to find one post about the movie itself, what we expect, what we hope for etc. Sorry, I'll go back to the meadow and listen to clare de lune and try and relax. :(

Alice's Party Planning Committe: (*bag carrier*)
Team Alice- Because sometimes it is better to be small.
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

elizabella wrote:Maybe we should get a new topic for people to debate if they should keep Taylor or not. I know I'm whining here (but I'm having a crappy day) but I feel like I go through 5 pages of fighting for Taylor to find one post about the movie itself, what we expect, what we hope for etc. Sorry, I'll go back to the meadow and listen to clare de lune and try and relax. :(
Agreed. While it is a good debate, maybe it would be better off in the "Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black" thread?
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!