Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Re: New Moon Movie ~ Take 2

Post by switzgal »

At the rate we're going, we're going to have 20 New Moon threads before the movie comes out!!! LOL
E&BForever
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by E&BForever »

Can't wait to hear more about the movie! In the 1930's, when Margaret Mitchell wrote "Gone With The Wind" and created Scarlett O'Hara and Rhett Butler, she created the two most famous lovers since Romeo and Juliet. Think Stephenie Meyer has done that with Edward Cullen and Bella Swann? I'd like to hear that be brought up in interviews!
Chantell
"You are my life now."-Edward to Bella.
Edward&Bella: Feel the passion, the love, the devotion.Image
Team Edward for life!
No man is perfect, but Edward Cullen comes close!
wonderlandB
Settled in Forks

Post by wonderlandB »

first post ever soo dont be tooo harsh lol...im completely stoked about new moon!! does anyone have a guess on when it comes out?? :D
ellalou73
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by ellalou73 »

In an Interview with MTV Catherine said 2010 sometime. Also she said that they would start filming in four months or so.
wonderlandB
Settled in Forks

Post by wonderlandB »

oo goodness that long..lol i guess i didnt think movies took that long.....
E&BForever
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by E&BForever »

ellalou73 wrote:In an Interview with MTV Catherine said 2010 sometime. Also she said that they would start filming in four months or so.
I heard December 2009, or January 2010.Sounds like they are defintly making Eclipse into a move too. I also heard they are going to do Breaking Dawn. True? Will it be in two parts? I heard New Moon will probably be like two in a half hours. Twilight was like a little over two hours. Is New Moon going to be a lot longer?
Chantell
"You are my life now."-Edward to Bella.
Edward&Bella: Feel the passion, the love, the devotion.Image
Team Edward for life!
No man is perfect, but Edward Cullen comes close!
wonderlandB
Settled in Forks

Post by wonderlandB »

new moon will defintly have to be alot longer...i just hope they get it all in there if they make it short...i couldn't imagine them making only one of the twilight movies and not the rest espically seeing the sucess of the first one
ellalou73
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by ellalou73 »

I hope it's longer so we get more of the story. I think it's going to be important to have most of what happened in Volterra, but I also want to see the fight Jacob and Paul get into over Bella knowing the secret, and the talk Alice and Charlie have while Bella is asleep about Bella's Depression, to kind of see how Charlie handled all of that. There is so much I want to see, I just hope they have time to fit things in and have more than what we had of Twilight.
shawniegore
Learning to Love Green

Post by shawniegore »

OMG you guys! I went to the store to get some frozen pizzas, and I kid you not, I was behind a woman in line named ALICE CULLEN!! She had those reusable bags and had her name on them. Also, she had a hip wallet type thing and I saw her drivers license....Truly Alice Cullen from ARIZONA!! The only thing was she was older...like 40's, and hand super long hair, and was super skinny, but still, it was awesome!!! I saw her name on the bag and about had a heart attack :lol:

soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

Right now there is no official word on either Eclipse or Breaking Dawn. We know that Summit owns the options on the books though for a while, so I think that is good news. Personally, I think all three of the remaining movies will be made, but that Breaking Dawn really only needs to be one movie.

As far as Edward in New Moon... I think that I would love him to be completely absent other than Bella's hallucinations (which I think will end up being not only his voice, but maybe shots of his eyes, hair, lips, etc). I don't think that's the way it will go though - Rob has turned into too much of a bankable figure for Summit to have him missing for and hour of a movie that will presumably be over 2 hours long. But I don't think that they will have that much Edward - I mean, all he's doing is running through Texas to find Victoria, and then being depressed in South America. And as an audience of the movie, unlike the readers of the book, we'll know concurrently that Victoria is in Forks and that Edward is looking for her elsewhere... which really doesn't move the plot forward at all. So I think we'll get a glimpse or two of him hunting in somewhere that's clearly not America, but that's probably it. :)

I know I'm literally going to squee out loud in the movie theater when Bella walks back into her house and Alice is there... OMG... haha. :)
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/