Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
kissmecarlisle
Settled in Forks

Re: New Moon~ Lines/Scenes you would like in the movie

Post by kissmecarlisle »

My favorite line is when Alice and Bella are in the Porshe near the Palazzo, and the guard asked it if the money is a joke and Alice says ..."Only if you think it's funny."
Carlisle...why can't you be real?
inlovewithabook08
Wandering Through Town

Post by inlovewithabook08 »

Well i am currently re-reading New Moon and trying to get a better love of Jacob because i am totally Team Edward, but i dont dislike Jake so im trying to understand their relationship a little bit better.

I really hope that they keep Edward out of the film and no flashing back to him, as much as i love him this book isnt really revolved around their relationship (until the end) it revolves around Jake and Bella.

I want to hear his voice though when she hears it ... with that effect they use to make it sound ... "foggy".

I also would love to hear Edwards speech that everyone else wants to hear ... of course :)
The boys of Twilight are my favorite.

cascsiany
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by cascsiany »

jasper5485 wrote:Things that absolutely need to be in new moon:
~not necessarily the romeo juliet scene but something equivalent to explain their relationship and Edwards plan if something were to happen to Bella
~Jasper attacking her at the birthday party
~Edward saying goodbye to Bella in the woods, and sam finding her
~Bellas anguish at loosing him and have time pass some how
~the trip to port angeles, bike riding, and cliff diving (to show her subconscience desire for Edward)
~Relationship development with Jacob (which is the core of the book) including the bikes, the movies, her being distraught over his lack of communication, her confrontation with him. the beach scene, bonding with the other werewolves
~Victoria is going to show up in this movie based on the last scene of Twilight to bridge it over to ecilpse
~Alice ( we did not get enough of alice and jasper in twilight) her friendship with bella needs to be shown in the begining of the movie as well as the end before the hunt for Edward
~ Alice and Jacob's confrontation at Bellas before the phone call and after
~The Clock Tower
~The Volturi could be interesting with explaining everyones talents and with the herding of the tourists in to make them lunch.
~Edward and Bella reconnecting at the end
~The confrontation between Edward, Bella, and Jacob

There are so many key lines in new moon I just hope they include them at least the majority of them. It makes the characters who they are. I also am a little concerned about how they are going to make the werewolves look terrifying as well as not so scary to Bella once she realizes who they are.
I definitely think that all those scenes should be in the movie. Those are pretty much the key scenes and really explain everything that happens. Maybe doing the time passing by having pages of a calendar being pulled off. As far as Victoria showing up, it wouldn't need to be a huge production, maybe just have Jacob talking about her after Bella cliff dives and sees the "flames" on the water.
EDC, Inc... Crane Trainee
Team Rosalie ~ Every Rose has its Thorn
"We can find some other way to pick a fight with this Demetri."~ Emmett, NM p. 534
Morgan University
Locard's Theory
pceluvec
Settled in Forks

Post by pceluvec »

I really want to see the plane ride home and Bella waking up to thinking she is still dreaming and Edward trying to convince her it is all real. :]

And of course I can't wait to see who will be cast as Emily and Leah.
anabonana15
Settled in Forks

Post by anabonana15 »

My favorite chapter in the entire series is in new moon. Its chapter 23 the truth. i really want that whole scene to be in the movie. I love edwards speech with the meteor thing, its beautiful. i would be devistated if it wasn't in the movie.
Eternally Dazzled
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Eternally Dazzled »

I'd like to see them put in everything Edward says after they're reunited... he just speaks so beautifully. It makes my cry every time I read it. :oops:
And they'd BETTER do everything related to Italy very well. I want to feel the fear at the possibility of loosing Edward, the sadness at having to leave Jacob and Charlie, more fear that Bella won't get there in time, anticipation for seeing Edward, awe at the beauty of seeing Edward once more, relief from being with him, yet fear that he'll leave again. Whew! It's a tall order, but that's the prime of the book. It's one of the moments with the widest range of emotions in the shortest amount of time (another is when edward leaves... :'( :cry: ), so they have to do it well.
<3, Gabi

Team Edward: the one and only knight in shining volvo. <3
Bulldozer Operator at EDC, Inc.: Let's break down some houses!
AAPC ~ Head shopper
I'm on The List
ChristinasHeadache

Post by ChristinasHeadache »

I was only disappointed in Twilight because they removed the "Dazzle" aspect. I loved the dazzling much more than the stupid lion and lamb crap. The blasphemy would be ok in there but the meteor thing is better. The only time Bella 'saw' Edward was when she was drowning, so hearing him I hope they keep but as for flashing him otherwise I hope not. Kristen Stewart is a horrible actress, I watched "Into the Wild" last night and she acts exactly the same as she did in Twilight. A good actress, plays the role.. changes herself to be that person... not the other way around.
eliselovesedwardx is my TwiTwin!
E<3B Team Edward, Knight in Shiny Volvo!
WreckingBall Operator in EDC Inc.~Lets break down some houses!~
Jr Staff Supervisor in Wingtear's Non-Veggie Vamp Cafe
Elisa the Spanker in Twilight Mafia

JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

I've been thinking the past few days while I was away from the boards and driving through a wonderful blizzard...its hard to translate the Twilight saga to the big screen because it is written in first person, and a lot of the book is Bella's internal dialogue so they have to change things around in order to make it a movie...I think it can be tastefully done and hopefully Melissa spent a lot of time on this script since last time around she turned it in to the studio a few hours before the writers strike which left no time for rewrites...I hope NM stays true to the book as much as it can
Eternally Dazzled

Post by Eternally Dazzled »

JenJen2112 wrote:I've been thinking the past few days while I was away from the boards and driving through a wonderful blizzard...its hard to translate the Twilight saga to the big screen because it is written in first person, and a lot of the book is Bella's internal dialogue so they have to change things around in order to make it a movie...I think it can be tastefully done and hopefully Melissa spent a lot of time on this script since last time around she turned it in to the studio a few hours before the writers strike which left no time for rewrites...I hope NM stays true to the book as much as it can
Yes, Catherine spoke about that. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think she said that at first they were going to do a lot of voice-overs for Twilight, but if they changed around some things and added a little more dialogue they could take some of them out.
Also, in my English class we just read a short story and watched the movie, and then we had a class discussion about translating books into movies. I made a lot of general comments, but really I was just taking specific examples from Twilight. :D We spoke about how hard it is to translate the emotions from a book written in first person to the big screen.
<3, Gabi

Team Edward: the one and only knight in shining volvo. <3
Bulldozer Operator at EDC, Inc.: Let's break down some houses!
AAPC ~ Head shopper
I'm on The List
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

^^yeah I think that's why books are almost always better than the movie (in my opinion) because you can get into the head of the character