Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Miss Cullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: New Moon~ Lines/Scenes you would like in the movie

Post by Miss Cullen »

I havent read all the posts so apologise if there are some repeats. What Id really like to see is:
*Jasper trying to eat Bella at her birthday party
*Edward leaving (cause it is such an emotional part of the book)
*And pretty much the whole end part where Edward and Bella are back in forks and she thinks she is dreaming, all through to go to the Cullens and voting on her becoming a Vampire.
lexxaayy(:
Settled in Forks

Post by lexxaayy(: »

One thing that is absolutely crucial is the Romeo Juliet thing.
her comparison of Paris to Jacob,
what if Romeo left and didn't come back..
etc. all her thoughts along THOSE lines must be kept in there.

also i'd like to point out - which fans would actually have a problem if the movie was a little overtime?
take lord of the rings. like 3 hours. that can be breaking dawn. new moon, not so much. but still.
i think most of us here would rather wet ourselves than walk out of a cinema watching new moon.

ALSO - my most important point that is vital to the whole series!
LAURENT MUST DIE.
Otherwise tanya's family fights with them in the clearing against the newborns in Eclipse,
and how do the volturi get warned without Irina coming to reconsile?
No, laurent must die.

(:

Also, I think everything with Edward needs to be kept in there.
there are an intimidating-amount of edward fans, and really anything with edward ought to stay.
i must say, i want Carslile, Edward and Esme's and ALICE'S please please Alice's... anyway, i want all of their histories in.
Alright, I'm good now.
JASPEERGGGH - my love, my husband. ♥

Jasper Hale - cos everyone loves a man in touch with his emotions. ;)
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

I don't have my book (m friends mom is borring them!) so I don't know for sure...
-But definely Edwards speech to Bella when they get back from Italy
-Alice's line about being opposed to grand theft auto
-Emmett's comments at the vote
-the converation after the vote & Edward asks Bella to marry him.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Imprinted-2912
Settled in Forks

Post by Imprinted-2912 »

There are a few particular lines and scenes I want kept in there:
-Edward leaving ( I'll probably cry the whole way through but still I want it in there)
-Motorbike scenes
-Jumping off the cliff scene
-Where Bella and Jacob are in the garage thingy and Embry and Quil come
-All the Alice should be kept in there as well

But mostly I just want Bella and Jacobs friendship to develop the way it did in the book. I pretty much want the whole movie to be EXACTLY like the book!
Also the months that pass by after Edwards departure. I hope they do that right. It would really suck if it just said "four months later" or something like that. I think that period should be narrated by Bella and have her do voice over's and stuff.
“ Oh my God I just had a dirty dream about you and your brothers!! My eyes...Edward my eyes.,...ew Jasper...oh god I took off his shirt and Emmett...ugh I can't even say what happened there! Ew...” - Bella

Family Therapy Cullen Style by vgjm
XcullenX
Settled in Forks

Post by XcullenX »

I want to see all of Chapter 23 also.And................they must have this quote, its one of my favorite from the whole series. "How can I put this so that you'll believe me? You'r not asleep, and you're not dead. I'm here, and I love you. I have always loved you and I will alway love you." :D
SylvieGirl224
Wandering Through Town

Post by SylvieGirl224 »

In addition to the ideas above, I have two others:

When Bella goes to see Jake after he's changed, and she asks, "Are you breaking up with me?" because she has no better way to put it, and Jake replying, "No. If it were that easy, I'd say, 'Let's stay friends.'" :(

And Bella pleading with Jake right before she leaves with Alice to "Take care of Charlie!" several times. Oh Charlie...
Searching for my own Jacob...

I may be a dork, but I'm Taylor's dork! ;)
Dork Squad: Showtune Siren
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

SylvieGirl224 wrote:In addition to the ideas above, I have two others:

When Bella goes to see Jake after he's changed, and she asks, "Are you breaking up with me?" because she has no better way to put it, and Jake replying, "No. If it were that easy, I'd say, 'Let's stay friends.'" :(

And Bella pleading with Jake right before she leaves with Alice to "Take care of Charlie!" several times. Oh Charlie...

Oh yes, I love those 2 parts as well. When she said "Are you breaking up with me?" that was funny because Jake was so sarcastic.
Landiana
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Post by Landiana »

Laurent must Die i agree!

right so i have a shot by shot plan for some scenes, but i havent got time to type i out now, i will when i get back home. would you guys give me any comments, cos i want to enter it for my media practical production.
xxx
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4851042/1/English_Vampires
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
pinkblack08
Settled in Forks

Post by pinkblack08 »

well, i hope they add Bella's hallucination parts.. :) And--of course, I bet it'd be in the movie, when Edward left Bella in the--forest(?)
XcullenX wrote:I want to see all of Chapter 23 also.And................they must have this quote, its one of my favorite from the whole series. "How can I put this so that you'll believe me? You'r not asleep, and you're not dead. I'm here, and I love you. I have always loved you and I will alway love you." :D
^Oh!i also love that line! :D Weeee
Yeah, they do!
CiaoBella
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by CiaoBella »

So I'm pretty new here to the Lex (as in, I joined yesterday), and this is my first time posting on this thread, and I'm very happy about it! ::claps and giggles for myself in excitement:: *Ahem* anyways...

I agree with a lot of what has been said so far. One other thing I'd really like to see in the NM movie is how Edward kisses Bella very passionately (and unexpectedly) in her bedroom following the birthday party scene where Jasper almost attacks her. Though in the book this kiss makes her think back to the way he kissed her in Twilight right before she leaves for Phoenix with Jasper and Alice (which wasn't in the Twilight movie) and she remembers how it was the way he kissed her when he wasn't sure if and when he'd see her again. But in NM after he kisses her, he says something to the effect of "That may have been out of line..." (something like that). And even though this type of kiss wasn't introduced in the Twilight movie, if you can see the struggle on his face/in his words in the NM movie when he kisses her, you'll still be able to get a vague sense of how he's undergoing an internal battle of wanting so badly to be with her, but also knowing that him being in her life is not in her best interest.

And I also agree that they HAVE to get the break-up scene just right. It's rare for me to tear up when reading, but literally, that part ripped my heart out and I flat-out cried. Especially because (at least for me) you could see the break-up coming... and I feel like Bella's intuition was telling her that the break-up was coming, but because of how exceptionally traumatic it would be for her, it's like she couldn't even let her mind go there. So she let herself believe that Edward's distance and strange behavior leading up to the break-up was because he was going to ask her to leave with him, and not that he was leaving her, because that's not something she could deal with. And I totally got that while reading the book too, because I vividly remember the experience of being in a relationship with someone, and seeing the signs of a break-up coming, but because it would be too dang hard to deal with, you convince yourself that it's something else; something easier to live with. Something that wouldn't devestate you. So if they screw this scene up in the movie, I will feel livid. In fact, I may make a special trip to Summit's headquarters and punch those responsible in the face :) Haha, I'm kidding, I'm not *actually* a violent person, I swear! Although, saying that just made this conversation run through my head...

Emmett: Fall down again, [CiaoBella]?
Me: No, Emmett, I punched a [Summit Executive] in the face. :D
Team Edward: because I'd love to be his stupid lamb.
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... <3 my Lexily!