Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: New Moon~ Lines/Scenes you would like in the movie

Post by JenJen2112 »

I think except for the voices you have to keep Edward out...while I was reading I was always waiting for him to show up and he never did so I think they should keep that for people who see the movies and don't read the books
JasperRocks3000
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by JasperRocks3000 »

The scene when they get back from Volterra and Jasper says "You are never allowed to go to Volterra again " . It was so sweet . I would also hope they get the scene where Alice and Bella are on a plane going to Volterra and alice is sad because she called Jasper and had to lie to him . Oh and Bella's birthday party .It's essential to the story line .
LamoreVincera
Settled in Forks

Post by LamoreVincera »

More than anything, I'm just hoping that Alice is in New Moon as much as she's supposed to be. I did wish that we'd seen more of her in Twilight.
A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett
anilumagloire
Wandering Through Town

Post by anilumagloire »

I am hopeful and I think the core of NM will be there.
I kinda like the idea of Edward appearing to Bella, but always behind her, so she never actually sees him, but only hears his voice.

Also dying to see Bella crashing into Edward in Volterra and him saying "Carlisle was right"...

I really want to feel all the anguish I felt reading the book.

We'll see soon enough.
runswithwolves
Officially Bitten!
Location: On Taylor's right bicep staring at the new Wolfpack picture

Post by runswithwolves »

Now I would just like to see Taylor in the movie.
J<3B ~I <3 Ian~I<3Peeta~Team Zane RIP~I<3Fang
Taylor's right bicep ~ http://www.teamtaycob.webs.com/
MidnightStar
Settled in Forks

Post by MidnightStar »

It feels unnatural to write this but I'm going to be really dissappointed if they invent reasons to keep Edward in Forks. I like the idea of a misty Rob in background doing the lines Bella imagines when she's in danger, but if Edward doesn't leave Bella for a large chunk of the film, it's going to wreck New Moon!

Honestly, New Moon is such a good story because of the anguish we go through with Bella and then the amazing reunion with Edward. That feeling of overwhelming relief when they get back together in Volterra will disappear if they cut out their painful separation.

Plus, I'm worried they will somehow force more of Victoria into the plot since she was hinted at as the next big villan at the end of Twilight. Between Rob's swoony fans and the hint of Victoria being the big baddie at the end of Twilight, this movie has the potential to really SUCK!!
Like the morning sun your eyes will follow me
As you watch me wander, curse the powers that be
xxxDarkMoonxxx
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by xxxDarkMoonxxx »

Okay, i'm going to list in detail what they need in New Moon and what they don't need in my opinion.

What they need:

1) The Birthday party where Jasper attacks Bella. These is crucial.
2) Edward leaving like he did in the book, with Bella trying to chase after him.
3) The motorcycles.
4) The character/relationship development with Bella and Jacob.
5) Meadow scene with Laurent and the wolves. That will be awesome!
6) Cliff Diving.
7) Alice showing up.
8) Italy and the Volturi.
9) The bedroom scene (ie. Edward saying that he does love her and the whole proposal)
10) Jacob's warning.

What they don't need:

1) The whole Romeo and Juliet movie scene (though it could work, however that would be a waste of five good minutes)
2) Edward's story. We already saw that in Twilight.
3) I really think they need to leave out Edward's voice. I truelly beleive that wouldn't work in the movie. It's too confusing. I'm a pretty perspective person and i didn't understand that until reading the book after multiple times. And if you read the book you clearly see Bella making the choice to be responsible before she knew it had to do with the voice.
4) I'd be very disappointed if they try to put Edward in the movie more then necessary.
5) The movie scene with Bella, Jacob, and Mike needs to go. They can work something else in.
6) When Jacob crawls in through the window. In the Twilight movie Bella discovered the vampire secret by herself, i think she'll discover the werewolf secret by herself too.
7) They need to show less of the humans in this one. I liked them, but seeing as Bella cut herself off from them i don't see any real need to show that much of them. Plus it will cut into the time frame if they show them too much.
8) Bella's vote for immortality. This can easily be rearanged for the end bedroom scene.

Also, i'd like to comment that the werewolves better look damn good, and not phony or stereotypical. And i think we have nothing to fear about the blasphemy line. I think Stephenie will work dam hard to keep some essentual key lines in the movie like she did in Twilight.

And i'd like to say that i think it's a really good idea to keep the months passing in the movie and the chase to save Edward. I love the idea about it going in slow motion with no sound and then all you can hear is the clock tolling 12. That gives me the chills just thinking about it.

And also, i don't think we have too much to fear, even with a new director. There is a waaay bigger bugdet and we have Stephenie on our sides. My biggest concern is that the werewolves are going to look stupid.
TeamJacob!
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by TeamJacob! »

xxxDarkMoonxxx wrote:4) I'd be very disappointed if they try to put Edward in the movie more then necessary.
True,it'll takeaway from the story
xxxDarkMoonxxx wrote:5) The movie scene with Bella, Jacob, and Mike needs to go. They can work something else in.
6) When Jacob crawls in through the window. In the Twilight movie Bella discovered the vampire secret by herself, i think she'll discover the werewolf secret by herself too.
Sorry but these are like my two favourite scenes and crucial to the bella/jacob relationship and they need to put that scene when jacob and bella have their fight before he come to see her.
E<3B but I <3 Jacob
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER SECURITY
>>>Thinks her avie provides proof that Rob does indeed have muscles...;D
amie
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by amie »

xxxDarkMoonxxx wrote:1) The whole Romeo and Juliet movie scene (though it could work, however that would be a waste of five good minutes)
3) I really think they need to leave out Edward's voice. I truelly beleive that wouldn't work in the movie. It's too confusing. I'm a pretty perspective person and i didn't understand that until reading the book after multiple times. And if you read the book you clearly see Bella making the choice to be responsible before she knew it had to do with the voice.
I do really want the R&J movie scene (for one thing, it makes blatent the parallel between R&J and NM, for another - Rob Pattinson whispering Romeo = quivering-jello-like Amie) but if they don't use it, they need something like it to clarify the relationship. They really need to spend half an hour or so on how in love - not just lust, but how deeply, eternally, not just first teen love, but true lasting love - these two are, or the agony of the leaving and the rejoicing of the reunion are just melodrama.

And Edward's voice is the whole reason she jumps off the cliff. Her actions start off small, hoping to cause pain (as is common in severe depression cases, people frequently cause themselves pain just to feel something other than the numbness that is the pain). But as she hears his voice, she's not acting irresponsibly (I think you meant?), she's doing whatever she can that puts her in the danger that causes her to hear him. It can't really be "Bella's all about the extreme sports these days" it has to be Bella would do anything - even die - to be with Edward. Because Bella does do anything - even die - to be with Edward.
MissWhitlock
Settled in Forks

Post by MissWhitlock »

I would like it very much if they put in the nightmares when Edward left, with nothing. And the nightmare when she realised Jacob was a werewolf. They didn't put in the nightmare she had when she discovered Edward was a vampire, that was crap.
I can't wait to see the start of new Moon when Jasper actually DOES something other than just stand there looking like he might take a s..
yeah. It was funny and all but...yeah.
And I wish they WONT cut the airport scene this time, the one where alice runs into jazzy's arms. So beautiful. *sniffs*... They did in Twilight, didn't they? The part where Bella runs off to the bathroom and stuff. that was crap too.
Oh and hopefully, they don't rush New Moon like they did Twilight.