Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Who would you like to play...

Post by Nerd »

BaylorBear12 wrote: I still do think that it wrong, if its, true, that they are not looking for real native Americans. I mean they are a wolf pack not models, and personally I want them to look rustic.

Where has it ever said that they weren't looking for real Native Americans? Because Lana Veenker -- a woman involved with the casting of NM -- SPECIFICALLY STATED a few weeks back that a separate casting company was hired to exclusively cast Native Americans. It sounds like they're trying to be authentic.

I was thinking about that too. Why would Sam be hanging out with Jake? But I rationalized in my mind that maybe he was just checking up on the newbies. Maybe he wasn't 'hanging out' but being his alpha self.

I really hope they keep Solomon. I think he has the perfect personality for Sam. Just like Taylor is emotionally right for the part, I think the same is true for Sam and Krys.
Skank Bale Image Let's roll! | Klutzy Chanteus | Official member of the Dork Squad
Visit here & here DAILY to donate to my city! | Thoughts of a Twi-hard: A Blog of Rants
Lorabell
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Lorabell »

nafereti wrote:Okay here's my "Ideal" wolf pack.
(I tired my best to find actors/actress who are all Native or at least had some Native blood in them.)

Jacob Black: Taylor Launter
Sam Uley: Solomon Trimble
Embry Call: Krys Ivory

-----I like to keep things the same, so I kept the same wolf pack members of Twilight for New Moon-----

Emily Young: Sarah Weston or America Young (<<--she was rumored to had audition for the role)
Paul: Rudy Youngblood
Jared: Alex Meraz
Kim: Q'orianka Kilcher
Quil: Kainoa Kilcher
Harry: Wes Studi?? (IDK!)

-----I think this is everyone in New Moon-----

Leah: Tinsel Korey
Seth: Tyler Posey
Sue: Grace Baine?? (IDK!)

Any thoughts??

I had all the URL for everyone but I'm only allowed 5 in one post. So if you don't know, please google them or something.

I DO NOT WANT Michael Copon or Vanessa Hudges anywhere near the Twilight films. If they are casted, I will seriously send Summit a "heated" email/ letter. LOL :lol: But for reals, I will send them something if either of those two are casted!
Yeah, I get a really good feeling about America Young as Emily - definitely a good call. And *high five* for keeping Solomon!
Lorabell

SIGN the New Moon Cast PETITION!
http://www.TeamSolomon.weebly.com
nafereti
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Location: roll'n wit the turtles, run'n wit the wolves & Taylor's Left Pec

Post by nafereti »

Lorabell wrote: Yeah, I get a really good feeling about America Young as Emily - definitely a good call. And *high five* for keeping Solomon!
high five right back at you! LOL :lol: Yeah when I read America Young auditioned for the role, i was like...whoa! You look prefect for the role.
Solomon? At first i was like...wft? but I really grew to like him especially from those videos on youtube that lex posted up. he meet with the Quileute tribe, learned some of the language, and he wrote a poem for Emily. If that doesn't prove that he is serious about the role, i dont know what does. Sam was only in twilight for like 5 minutes, but solomon went and learned the language.
I hope summit keeps him.
Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
Lorabell

Post by Lorabell »

nafereti wrote:
Lorabell wrote: Yeah, I get a really good feeling about America Young as Emily - definitely a good call. And *high five* for keeping Solomon!
high five right back at you! LOL :lol: Yeah when I read America Young auditioned for the role, i was like...whoa! You look prefect for the role.
Solomon? At first i was like...wft? but I really grew to like him especially from those videos on youtube that lex posted up. he meet with the Quileute tribe, learned some of the language, and he wrote a poem for Emily. If that doesn't prove that he is serious about the role, i dont know what does. Sam was only in twilight for like 5 minutes, but solomon went and learned the language.
I hope summit keeps him.
Exactly! I was so impressed with how committed he was - learning the language, writing (really AMAZING!) poems for Emily and giving pointers to Taylor! I'll be so sad if he's over-looked in favour of more "money making" names that are potentially being cast.
He should at least be given first refusal of the other wolves if they genuinely need someone older for Sam: he'd be a great Quil - can't you just picture him playing on the beach with Claire in Eclipse?! *tear*
Please join and pass along "Team Solomon" in support!
Lorabell

xblgirl
Learning to Love Green

Post by xblgirl »

DumBumm wrote:^^^ :lol: :lol: pitchforks...
I live in Aus, and i went and saw it in G-max, and i brought it off line, so it did cost a fare bit... the only good thing about that day was i brought a Nightmare Before Christmas, Christmas stocking, jack has a big head on it.
But yes i really hope she doesn't screw it up, well, with her being 15, she's already screwed it up!
Ya never know, it is Twilight. People got hurt at book signings if that says anything. DUDE SO NOT FAIR! I got a candy cane stocking! It was perty. My oh my, Australia is kinda farrrr. I live in the US...obviously...
I'm an obsessed fan and not afraid to hide it :)
twi-nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twi-nerd »

I haven't been on for a while, so . . . Can somebody PLEASE inform me on the whole Solomon rumor thing? What's that about him being replaced? And who is going to replace him?
My favorite band Pierce the Veil. I LOVE VIC FUENTES!! Thank you so much Chloe for the banner.
xoxolilerica18
Settled in Forks

Post by xoxolilerica18 »

Deja wrote:Dakota Blue Richards for Jane, I think

http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2007/ ... x343,0.jpg

Which would work out if Weitz does direct.

Tyler Posey for Seth

http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2007/ ... x343,0.jpg
now tht i think of it i think tht Dakota Blue Richards could possibly make a good jane put thts just my opinion im sure there r many other girls out there tht can fit the picture of jane but this is just one tht i think mite make a gud match
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb"

"What a stupid lamb"

"What a sick, masochistic lion"
twi-nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twi-nerd »

t_feva wrote:
Sleepwalker wrote:I don't understand, wasn't Sam part native American? Why throw him out of NM?
he is native american. i'm assuming the studio is being more "hollywood" and might wanna cast better looking actors for the wolf pack. check this article
http://www.newmoonmovie.org/2009/02/nat ... -uley-out/

its pretty ridiculous. i think if katherine was still directing she wouldnt be replacing solomon. if they put crapon(copon) in (what he calls Twilight 2) NM, i will grab my pitchfork.
LOL! me too! I wouldn't want to have Stephenie know though because she wrote that no pitch forks would be necessary. They shouldn't try to replace natural native Americans just becuase they're not so hollywoodish. I hope Chris Weitz isn't supporting it. Right now Summit is pushing it too far, I tell you. First they wanted to replace Taylor. Now they want to replace Solomon. I soo don't want to see crapon like you said in "Twilight 2."
They're trying to get rid of all the good actors but they won't get rid of the bad actors. I will also grab my pitch fork if Kristen doesn't bring it to New Moon. That will totally throw me off. Also, Chris Weitz is getting a pretty big budget for the film. With The Golden Compass he had a huge budget and the movie didn't make half of what he got.
*sharpens pitch fork(just in case)* :D
My favorite band Pierce the Veil. I LOVE VIC FUENTES!! Thank you so much Chloe for the banner.
Nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Nerd »

50mil is still a REALLY small budget for a contemporary film. :( It's depressing.

I'm not sure how much faith I'm putting in that article. I'm still hoping. Lol.
Skank Bale Image Let's roll! | Klutzy Chanteus | Official member of the Dork Squad
Visit here & here DAILY to donate to my city! | Thoughts of a Twi-hard: A Blog of Rants
Lorabell

Post by Lorabell »

twi-nerd wrote:I haven't been on for a while, so . . . Can somebody PLEASE inform me on the whole Solomon rumor thing? What's that about him being replaced? And who is going to replace him?
http://www.newmoonmovie.org/2009/02/nat ... -uley-out/

“The Twilight Series is one of few commercial films, a script, and a story with Native American roles.” said Lydia Ponce. “It is a sad day to see that the big power agents are marketing Filipino and Asian celebrity actors to play Native Americans. These are such rare opportunities. When films like Twilight knowingly and willfully select non-Native American actors to play Native roles, it sends the message that we’re not good enough to represent ourselves.”

TEAM SOLOMON in New Moon!
Lorabell