Hope this comes as somewhat of a help:

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles ... tory.jhtml
Image Image Image
nafereti
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Location: roll'n wit the turtles, run'n wit the wolves & Taylor's Left Pec

Re: Who would you like to play...

Post by nafereti »

omg...they can not replace taylor. im going to send summit a email to keep taylor. this is making me mad!!
Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
Cupcake
Settled in Forks

Post by Cupcake »

As for Jacob, I think Michael Copon would make an excellent older Jacob.

I mean, I loved Taylor Lautner but I really think he would have made a better Seth, myself. His look is way too young, way too youthful to play some deeply conflicted, angry, secretive werewolf type person. Not too mention that Michael Copon could really be Taylor Lautner's older brother so the transition wouldn't really be all that difficult to swallow.

Who knows? Maybe Taylor will surprise us. He really didn't have much of a shot in Twilight.

As for the Voltari...

I think that Ben Barnes and Cillian Murphy would make absolutely AWESOME Voltari. I don't even care which ones they play so long as they're in.

I don't know, they seem to have perfected that balance between beautiful, dangerous and perfectly caustic and bored. Either of them or both of them (a girl can dream...) would be perfect.

I think actors like Ian McKellen and Christopher Lee though--for as much as I can appreciate their talent would be all wrong for the parts.

Both of them are way too old. And really, if I were an up-and-coming actor, I couldn't imagine doing any sort of scene with either of them. Vampires are supposed to be young and seductive and beautiful and while McKellen and Lee both just OOZE power with their presence. I don't see anyone over the age of...about 31 playing a vampire in this saga.

It would be hard to resist a movie with a Christopher Walkin vampire though...

As for Leah, the closest I can come to visualizing a Leah is Michelle Rodrigues. Yeah, I know, she's not exactly your classic beauty but she does have that strange pretty-yet-can-and-will-rip-your-head-off-in-a-second presense. Though, any of the previously mentioned actresses would be pretty good too.

As for Jane and Alec. I have no idea who I would chose, Kristen Chenowyth has that perfect childlike presence (and that amazing voice) and she is short as heck. Somehow though, she just seems so.....CUTE. I can't see her as a bitter, angry, ready-to-kill vampire. Has anyone seen her in a fairly serious role? It would be interesting to see her pull it off.

Alec, well, gosh. The only person I could see in that role isn't an actor. He's a barista in Long Beach. And I don't see him getting into films any time soon...
twilightloyalist
Settled in Forks

Post by twilightloyalist »

It has recently been brought to my attention that Taylor Lautner, who was cast as Jacob Black for the book to film adaptation of Twilight, may not be playing Jacob Black in the next film New Moon.

If you feel, as I do, that this talented, young man is deserving, and SHOULD play this part, please sign your name to the following petition.

They need to know that not only do we stand behind Stephenie Meyer's brilliantly written books, but also behind the actors that have been chosen (and are now associated with) the characters we have all fallen in love with.

Thank you so much!

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/TeamTaylorLautner
nafereti
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Location: roll'n wit the turtles, run'n wit the wolves & Taylor's Left Pec

Post by nafereti »

dude...michael copon is filipino & german

at least taylor has some native in him.
Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
-veiled-
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by -veiled- »

I think it's a good idea to replace Taylor Lautner. I mean, honestly, do you think he will play a good "werewolf"? Jacob Black is supposed to look like he's aged 9 or 10 years in the book & become a taller, muscular, 25yr old. I don't think Lautner fits that description. And Michael Copon looks a bit like Lautner, so it wouldn't be that much of a change if he is cast as Jake.
Aubs
Settled in Forks

Post by Aubs »

I think it is tacky to switch actors. Take Taylor to the gym and give him some stilts, but don't hire someone to take his place. That's ridiculous.
colleen
Settled in Forks

Post by colleen »

If Taylor is recast for New Moon, I really, really REALLY want Steven Strait as Jacob. He is a nice piece of eye candy, plus he looks a little bit like Taylor. And he's hot.
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by Dazzled_by_Cullens »

colleen wrote:If Taylor is recast for New Moon, I really, really REALLY want Steven Strait as Jacob. He is a nice piece of eye candy, plus he looks a little bit like Taylor. And he's hot.
He is very nice to look at, but I think Michael is too. Either way both of them do have very good bodies :D I have seen Steven in a few movies, but never Michael in anything so not sure who would be the better actor of the two.
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread...I my LEXILY
whhs162005
Settled in Forks

Post by whhs162005 »

i could see jason isaacs as one of the volturri