What music would you like in the soundtrack?

Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
virre
Completely Dazzled!

Re: What music would you like in the soundtrack?

Post by virre »

DramaPrincezz013 wrote: But at the same time i like the one carter burwell composed even if it is just suppose to be a piano solo. (:

oh yeah! i did not mean that i dont like Carter Burwell version, its a good song... i just feel like its not true to the book.. and it is things like that that kind of ticks me off, because it would not cut more out of the budget to just keep it true, they were making the song anyway, so why not keep it as close to the book as possible? :P

oh well, i guess we will just have to wait and see, i bet the end result is going to be great no matter what! :D
Only 30 days left people!!! :D :D :D
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

^^^^^^Yeah, i totally get what your saying. At this point and time i dont really care. As long as Bella has a lullaby (which she did.) I'm good.

And yeah, no doubt New Moon will be epic. I am soooo excited. Oh, and i hope this isn't too off topic, but this article got me pumped. xD
http://twilightsource.com/?p=3982
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
swedishskinjer
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by swedishskinjer »

I absolutely love Weitz, but I'll need to see New Moon in its entirety before deciding on whether or not he would be suitable for Breaking Dawn. I adore what I've seen so far, but I still need to be sure.
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

^^^^^^Very true, but as of now, I am adoring Chris Weitz. (:
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
virre
Completely Dazzled!

Post by virre »

ooh, i just had an "light bulb over the head" kind of moment!

and yes i know that the soundtrack has already been released and things are kind of set in stone when it comes to the music. but you all have to listen to Florence And The Machine - Falling and then read the lyrics. I think it would be perfect for the cliff diving scene.. when bella is in the water and jacob saves her...

lyrics are here: http://www.lyricsmania.com/lyrics/flore ... 33964.html
and song is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPLrqKrnYts
and anyway, its a pretty song :D
OktoSink
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by OktoSink »

virre wrote:ooh, i just had an "light bulb over the head" kind of moment!

and yes i know that the soundtrack has already been released and things are kind of set in stone when it comes to the music. but you all have to listen to Florence And The Machine - Falling and then read the lyrics. I think it would be perfect for the cliff diving scene.. when bella is in the water and jacob saves her...
Wow!! What a pretty song! I totally agree that that would go really well at the cliff diving scene, it even really fits the tone of the real soundtrack! Good find!
Swan
Settled in Forks

New Moon Soundtrack?

Post by Swan »

Did anyone get their New Moon Soundtrack yet? I ordered mine from Amazon and it's stuck in Kentucky (according to their tracking) since October 19th! Ugh!
At midday we stumble as if it were twilight; among the strong, we are like the dead. Isaiah 59:10

Then Jonathan said to David: "Tomorrow is the New Moon festival." 1 Samuel 20:18

Its kingdom fell into sudden eclipse. Rev. 16:10
swedishskinjer
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by swedishskinjer »

After listening to the NM soundtrack, I do agree that it's vastly superior to its Twilight counterpart. However, there's one song on the Twilight soundtrack that I adore (it plays during the dance scene at the prom): Flightless Bird and American Mouth. Kristen Stewart specifically selected it for the movie, and it fits so well with the dancing. Anyone agree?
virre
Completely Dazzled!

Post by virre »

swedishskinjer wrote:After listening to the NM soundtrack, I do agree that it's vastly superior to its Twilight counterpart. However, there's one song on the Twilight soundtrack that I adore (it plays during the dance scene at the prom): Flightless Bird and American Mouth. Kristen Stewart specifically selected it for the movie, and it fits so well with the dancing. Anyone agree?

From reading through the different twilight forums, i think i am one of the few people that actually loved the twilight soundtrack, i dont get why people dont like that soundtrack :P well, we cant all have the same taste i guess..
And yeah i do think that the flightless bird song goes well with the prom scene. i always found it amusing that the song is talking about "Have I found you Flightless bird" and Bella is in a cast and basically cant get around :P
Asheleyo
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Asheleyo »

I like the soundtrack to Twilight way better than I like the movie itself. I don't care for the movie, but I'll play it in the background just to have the music playing. I liked how it gave me a chance to hear Rob Pattinson sing, which was a treat, in my opinion. I like his voice a lot, and the style of song he tends to sing is right up my alley. Plus, it introduced me to Mutemath, whom I love.
Precisely because death awaits us in the end, we must live fully.

Stars did fly toward each other, irresistibly, as if they were falling in love. And millions of years later, lovers on Earth drew together and fell in love, watching the stars fall.