Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Chris Weitz --New Moon movie director

Post by JenJen2112 »

I have faith in CW right now because the script isn't finalized yet, which means he gets to go through it and make changes, although they may not be huge...but still if we can avoid the script disaster that was Twilight I would be very happy
Dragon's_Gypsy
Wandering Through Town

Post by Dragon's_Gypsy »

^^Yay, that's good to know. Even if he can only make a few changes, it would be far better than just letting MR do it all herself. I'm looking forward to seeing what Chris will bring to the film and I think it's really cool that he keeps writing to the fans to let them know what's going on and reassure them like he's doing. I've never heard of a director doing that before.

* Aside: :D YAY! Back on the boards finally! I've missed them. School takes up too much time...>=p*
Team Edward
Because Jacob just can't fight with an eclipse
Vanquish
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Melbourne, Australia...cruising with Edward in his Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

twilightbelle<3 wrote:
edwardlikeshaystacks wrote:I agree with you. If they put more Robert Pattinson in the film for the sake of the fangirls, I will personally go over there and slap them silly.
I will totally come and help you, I love Robert Pattinson with all of my heart...but, JEEZ, lets keep it for the real fans, and not the ones that are only interested in the movie for all of the 'sex-on-two-legs' cast!
I'm with you too. CW has to bring emotion and lots of it into the movie, or MR. Whichever. But it'd be better if they stay close to the book. Even though I love Edward I would rather the movie be a bit focused on Bella and Jacob's relationship. And they should allow for Alice's character to develop more than they did in Twilight because she's the one who brings Edward and Bella back together and the one who Charlie shows a preference to by allowing her to stay over in the chapter "visitor".

TEAM EDWARD
"For the first time in a century, I felt hope."
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side."
True believer in Cullenism.
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by RussetRose♥ »

Vanquish wrote:
twilightbelle<3 wrote:
edwardlikeshaystacks wrote:I agree with you. If they put more Robert Pattinson in the film for the sake of the fangirls, I will personally go over there and slap them silly.
I will totally come and help you, I love Robert Pattinson with all of my heart...but, JEEZ, lets keep it for the real fans, and not the ones that are only interested in the movie for all of the 'sex-on-two-legs' cast!
I'm with you too. CW has to bring emotion and lots of it into the movie, or MR. Whichever. But it'd be better if they stay close to the book. Even though I love Edward I would rather the movie be a bit focused on Bella and Jacob's relationship. And they should allow for Alice's character to develop more than they did in Twilight because she's the one who brings Edward and Bella back together and the one who Charlie shows a preference to by allowing her to stay over in the chapter "visitor".
I totally and 100% agree with you. I'm personaly a Jacob fan, so if they mess this up...I'll do more than slap them silly! Jacob's character really grows in New Moon. And if they decide not to entierly show that, just because they want Rob to have more scenes, well that's just pathetic. The whole purpose of this is to bring the book to life because so many people love it. But, not so many people will love it anymore it they mess this up!

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
*Lamb*I*Am*
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by *Lamb*I*Am* »

I'm holding out hope that he will do the "right" thing & keep with the emotion of the book & not cave to "what will sell"....
I'm slightly worried, that the movie will skip the most painfull parts for Bella (no edward) and jump to the "action" of the Volturi. Missing too much....

I hope I'm wrong. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Rob, and think they can work him into the film (show him talking when Bella does irresponsible things for example), without going too far off track.

New Moon was my least liked book of the Saga....but I am dying for the movie & just hope that it doesn't get butchered, for the sake of pleasing all the Edward Hungry Fans.
I know alot of things need to be missed out due to time restraints (not that I'd care if it went for 5 hours LOL), but the key emotions & moments need to be shown.

GO CHRIS! PROVE YOU WERE THE RIGHT CHOICE!(And not a just a tool for the money hungry "machine").
twilight-forever
Settled in Forks

Post by twilight-forever »

i won't judge Chris until the movie comes out to say if he did a good job or not....but i'm kinda dreading it....
Nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Nerd »

I'm a little worried that he and Rose will put too much Rob in it. I LOVED the guy as Edward, and I'm not glad that he's gone, but there's a reason that he's missing from the movie... I think even SHOWING him would be a little too much. When Bella hears him, she looks and can't find him. It's his VOICE she hears; a voice that isn't even coming from him. The absence of Edward from the film is just crucial. It makes it all that more dramatic.

I can't wait until filming starts. Lol. We'll get more info!
Skank Bale Image Let's roll! | Klutzy Chanteus | Official member of the Dork Squad
Visit here & here DAILY to donate to my city! | Thoughts of a Twi-hard: A Blog of Rants
dazzled_twilighter
Wandering Through Town

Post by dazzled_twilighter »

I totally agree with y'all. I am definitely an Edward/Rob fan, but it would really make me mad if they changed it just for that sake. This book/movie is so crucial to Bella and Jacob's relationship and the rest of the storyline, that if they messed that up I really think it would be bad for them b/c all of the true fans would just be extremely pissed off. And I also agree with the part about Alice and Bella's relationship. They did a horrible job setting that up in Twilight, so i really hope they use the beginning of New Moon to better show/explain that. Seeing as it also is a crucial part of the story.
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by RussetRose♥ »

Agreed...again. I just hope that they don't add in new scenes or build off of other ones in the book just so Rob can have a bigger role in NM.

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

I'm over the fact about sticking to the book and adding more Edward...I know the studio execs are going to want it so therefore it has to happen...I'll live though...books are always better than the movies