Chris Weitz --New Moon movie director

Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Re: Chris Weitz --New Moon movie director

Post by sarah! »

I'm scared because I didn't think the Golden Compass was very good and did not relate to the book that much. I really really hope he doesn't do that with New Moon.
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
Babygirl67
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Babygirl67 »

dont know that much about him
ShinyNewVolvoOwner
Settled in Forks

Post by ShinyNewVolvoOwner »

sarah! wrote:I'm scared because I didn't think the Golden Compass was very good and did not relate to the book that much. I really really hope he doesn't do that with New Moon.
I think that the reason the Golden Compass was not faithful to the book was because the studio was afraid of how the public would take the religious connotations. In His Dark Materials, Philip Pullman made it pretty clear that he's not a fan of God. In the last book, God is killed. So I think that the studio believed (and they're probably right) that the parents would be concerned about what kind of message that is to their children. Even without staying faithful to the book I've heard from a few Moms that they were still concerned about taking thier kids to see the movie. So as I understand it, Weitz would've loved to make a faithful adaptation from book to movie. I think that with New Moon he can have his chance!
and so the lion fell in love with the lamb...
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

I saw the golden compass, and I think the reason why it didn't relate to the book that much was because the film-makers were trying to make it separate from the book. It has a different title, and a slightly different storyline.
I don't think Chris Weitz will go so far away from the book on New Moon, he knows how important it is to so many peiople to get it right.
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
xblgirl
Learning to Love Green

Post by xblgirl »

Yeah, I'm kinda thinking about the PROS and CONS of him being the new director.

Pros:He has had experience with CGI so hopefully the next time Edward sparkles, it looks better than the crappy job they did in Twilight. Hopefully the wolves will be freakin awesome because if they aren't the colour they expected or if they aren't like the book, Summit will be expecting angry mobs...
Cons:DAKOTA FANNING. Nuff said.
I'm an obsessed fan and not afraid to hide it :)
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by RussetRose♥ »

-Jasper wrote:I saw the golden compass, and I think the reason why it didn't relate to the book that much was because the film-makers were trying to make it separate from the book. It has a different title, and a slightly different storyline.
I don't think Chris Weitz will go so far away from the book on New Moon, he knows how important it is to so many peiople to get it right.
I hope your right! :D

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
Nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Nerd »

The name wasn't different. Like, the Golden Compass is the USA title. They just didn't want to offend anybody of religion. But seriously, they messed the movie up. They rearranged scenes and altered characters that had nothing to DO with the religious aspect. It was just wrong as an adaptation.
Skank Bale Image Let's roll! | Klutzy Chanteus | Official member of the Dork Squad
Visit here & here DAILY to donate to my city! | Thoughts of a Twi-hard: A Blog of Rants
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

Looks like Melissa changed a couple of things in New Moon. read here...
http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2009/01/ ... +'New+Moon
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

Wow, they have the script!!
Ashley Greene seems to think that some things have been changed, but not too much. I hope not.
I am going to trust Chris Weitz here, he must know that it's important to get this film right. Is he going to be the director for Eclipse and BD if they come out too?
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

switzgal wrote:Looks like Melissa changed a couple of things in New Moon. read here...
http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2009/01/ ... +'New+Moon
Ashley better be right about the changes NOT upsetting us. I swear.....torches, pitchforks, rocks and garbage will be slung, tossed and stabbed if MR & CW screw this up!!! :x :evil:

Also, I watched that video of Kristin at Sundance. I wish she would not interview; she is so painful to watch.
She talked about liking CW and the fact that he is sweet and really cares about the book and not a 'money-making machine'. I want to extend that attitude to Kristen(caring about the book) and please try to give us a 'real' Bella and not some girl/actress that looks so pained to be playing this role. Thanks so much. :x
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict