Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Re: Chris Weitz --New Moon movie director

Post by navarre »

Summitt is moving too fast. New Moon is going to be an undertaking that will require lots of post-production and then for Summitt to rush Eclipse into the movie fold could bring to the screen a mediocre film.
Peter Jackson had one year between pictures and those were fantastic because of editing time.

Maybe it will work out, but with the impending strike looming on the horizon, even New Moon is threatened.

You can not rush a good story. Eclipse and Breaking Dawn are going to require detailed writing and adaption time to get it right, not to mention a better screenwriter. Otherwise, we will end up with another catastrophe like Twilight.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

navarre wrote:Summitt is moving too fast. New Moon is going to be an undertaking that will require lots of post-production and then for Summitt to rush Eclipse into the movie fold could bring to the screen a mediocre film.
Peter Jackson had one year between pictures and those were fantastic because of editing time.

Maybe it will work out, but with the impending strike looming on the horizon, even New Moon is threatened.

You can not rush a good story. Eclipse and Breaking Dawn are going to require detailed writing and adaption time to get it right, not to mention a better screenwriter. Otherwise, we will end up with another catastrophe like Twilight.
You are extremely right. However, like the first article said, the non-vampire cast is aging. Robert Pattinson is already 22.
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
Bastet
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Bastet »

i wish twilight saga had passionate director like peter jackson was for LOTR :(
and about aging cast... at 20ies you don't change that much so it shouldn't be that big problem and on the other hand make up can do miracles (if you have good make up artist of course)... i just hate that stupid running for money could/will ruin beauty of the story :evil:
join the dark side, we have cookies :)

ShinyNewVolvoOwner
Settled in Forks

Post by ShinyNewVolvoOwner »

Really, the aging shouldn't be that much of an issue. As Bastet pointed out, no huge changes occur in your twenties. It's not like RP will suddenly have grey hair and wrinkles. Besides, how many movies have we seen where 27 year olds are playing teenagers? That said, I'm willing to wait a year or so between each movie...maybe CW will talk some sense into Summit??
and so the lion fell in love with the lamb...
CaughtMyself426
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by CaughtMyself426 »

I don't think I've ever seen a Chris Weitz film!
I really must watch!

My friend tried to convince me the other day that he directed a Harry Potter and I like No No No and kept going on bout Alfonzo and Chris C and David guy!

I wish this guy could direct Eclipse too I don't want all the Saga to become all like different directing styles like HP
mayawolf
Settled in Forks

Post by mayawolf »

Bastet wrote:i wish twilight saga had passionate director like peter jackson was for LOTR :(
and about aging cast... at 20ies you don't change that much so it shouldn't be that big problem and on the other hand make up can do miracles (if you have good make up artist of course)... i just hate that stupid running for money could/will ruin beauty of the story :evil:
I'm with you bastet. I was thinking the exact same thing in that one of the mean reasons all three LOTRs were such incredible pieces of work were because of Peter Jackson's absolute love and respect for the stories. He waited a long time to make those films so he can do them right and with justice.

I understand the aging issue also, but like others have mentioned, one doesn't change all that much in their 20s, enough to make such a huge difference anyway. I think they should give these movies the same respect that Stephenie gave them as she wrote their beautiful stories.

Though, I haven't seen any of Chris' work I will stay optimistic, especially since he took the time to write the letter to the fans.
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

Chris won major brownie points from me when he understood the importance of the chapter "Stitches" and took the time to write it in himself. I'm optimistic about the direction of the movie now, but even more worried about the screenplay than I was before.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
Mylove.Mysinger
Settled in Forks

Post by Mylove.Mysinger »

I've seen The Golden Compass- one of the movies produced by Chris- and I was mightily impressed with it. I was in the middle of the book, so after seeing the movie, it was impossible to continue reading, seeing as it spoiled everything for me. ;)

The movies CGI was AMOZING, so I'm sure that there won't be any problems with that for the NM movie. :)

I honestly don't have much of an opinion on Chris regarding to NM, except that he really tries tot dissect the book and see what is important. Because there were a lot of scenes- albeit not important in the grand scheme in the book- that a lot of people wanted to see. And there were parts that were forgotten in the dust that a lot of fans wanted brought to life.

So Chris, please be very meticulous about what scenes you want to bring on camera and which ones you keep off. And especially, which ones you add.
Some people want a Digimon. Others want a Pokemon.

Well, heck, I want a DigiPokemon!
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

To be honest, ANYONE WILL BE BETTER THAN CATHERINE HARDWIKE or whatever the hell her name is.

I just hope chris makes the movie as emotional, painful and depressing as it can be.
I want New Moon to make me hurt, like the book did.
I want New Moon to make me break down crying like the book did.

I want to feel what I felt when reading it.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
mayawolf
Settled in Forks

Post by mayawolf »

who_needs_fangs? wrote:Chris won major brownie points from me when he understood the importance of the chapter "Stitches" and took the time to write it in himself. I'm optimistic about the direction of the movie now, but even more worried about the screenplay than I was before.
I didn't read about this? That is fantastic that he took the time for this, it shows he really wants to keep close to the true story. During this chapter is when carlisle revealed to Bella the reason Edward doesn't want to change her and it plays a role in the story from that point onward.