Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Chris Weitz --New Moon movie director

Post by JenJen2112 »

yeah he will have a little bit of a say but since the screenplay is already done there won't be very major changes
dazzlingdynamite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by dazzlingdynamite »

JenJen2112 wrote:yeah he will have a little bit of a say but since the screenplay is already done there won't be very major changes
oh.my.god.

I can already see another bad film! Rosenberg totally missed out key moments in Twilight . . . aaah!
Call That a Comeback?
YOU ME AT SIX
anilumagloire
Wandering Through Town

Post by anilumagloire »

dazzlingdynamite wrote:
JenJen2112 wrote:yeah he will have a little bit of a say but since the screenplay is already done there won't be very major changes
oh.my.god.

I can already see another bad film! Rosenberg totally missed out key moments in Twilight . . . aaah!
My thoughts exactly! Why is everyone so worried about Weitz, when the real problem is Rosenberg????
She is hugely responsible for the bad in Twilight...
He is a great director and screenwriter. I wish he could have written this scrip too.
JodeenSings
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: By my Spaceheater fighting off DISNEY PEOPLE with a spork!

Post by JodeenSings »

anilumagloire wrote:
dazzlingdynamite wrote:
oh.my.god.
My thoughts exactly! Why is everyone so worried about Weitz, when the real problem is Rosenberg????
She is hugely responsible for the bad in Twilight...
He is a great director and screenwriter. I wish he could have written this scrip too.
This has been brought up on the thread before, but can't the director make changes to the script during filming? They can even go back and do re-shoots and add extra scenes if they feel something is missing from the rough cut, right? Actors often deviate from the script, improvise dialog within their interpretation of the character. I'm not saying that MR screenplay was without fault, but editing and post-production can really change the flow of a screenplay, too. CW seems like the man who would look over all those aspects in the movie production.
~~~Image~~~
team turtle - that's how we roll
^Is that dorky enough for you Taylor?^
* My Dork Prowess - Spork Fencing! *
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

^^^ that is true, the screenplay isn't set in stone but the majority of the story and scenes are in MR's interpretation aka her screenplay...yes actors change their lines or add to help their character, but really from what I know, there aren't HUGE changes once the screenplay is accepted and put into production
JodeenSings
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: By my Spaceheater fighting off DISNEY PEOPLE with a spork!

Post by JodeenSings »

^^^^Thanks for helping to clear that up for me. Now don't we have a MR thread to talk about the screenplay . . . lemme see
~~~Image~~~
team turtle - that's how we roll
^Is that dorky enough for you Taylor?^
* My Dork Prowess - Spork Fencing! *
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

I don't think we do...but I can't imagine it would be very positive at all...
anilumagloire
Wandering Through Town

Post by anilumagloire »

JenJen2112 wrote:I don't think we do...but I can't imagine it would be very positive at all...
Definitely not... I really hope she takes it up for New Moon.
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by RussetRose♥ »

I hope that the screenplay is almost exactly like the book. I didn't like some of the changes in Twilight. Plus, New Moon is probably my favorite on the Saga, and if this gets messed up...well.... :lol:

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

JenJen2112 wrote:I don't think we do...but I can't imagine it would be very positive at all...

No, it would not!!!! :evil:(I agree ^^) It is my hope that somehow SM will have some influence on the script. I know that Kristen Stewart claimed that there were some things in the script that she just would not say. I read this in my Entertainment Weekly when they did a big spread on Twilight. I know SM had to fight to keep "So the Lion fell in love with the Lamb" speech in the script, but both actors looked wooden saying it and hearing it.

I just hope CW lives up to his little letter to the fans, and does this book justice. Actions speak louder than words, Chris. We are counting on you for that.

We'll find out on Premier night.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict