Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
aubsmiles
Settled in Forks

Re: Chris Weitz --New Moon movie director

Post by aubsmiles »

I'm semi optimistic about this guy...hopefully a better director can make for better acting? Not sure though. He directed American Dreamz which I heard good things about. If this one disappoints like the first one- I'm just going to be hoping for a complete re-do. New actors, new everything. I know I sound pessimistic. But I'll still shell out my $7-$10 to see the movie and give it another try.
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

Ooo, I agree with keeping Rob at bay with this movie. I love Rob and all, but there is only so much a girl can take with him there. I'd rather end up in tears cuz Edward's missing and have the story correct, then have the character there more then necessary.
mind_over_matter286
Wandering Through Town

Post by mind_over_matter286 »

RussetRose♥ wrote:
Vanquish wrote:
twilightbelle<3 wrote:
edwardlikeshaystacks wrote:I agree with you. If they put more Robert Pattinson in the film for the sake of the fangirls, I will personally go over there and slap them silly.
I will totally come and help you, I love Robert Pattinson with all of my heart...but, JEEZ, lets keep it for the real fans, and not the ones that are only interested in the movie for all of the 'sex-on-two-legs' cast!
I'm with you too. CW has to bring emotion and lots of it into the movie, or MR. Whichever. But it'd be better if they stay close to the book. Even though I love Edward I would rather the movie be a bit focused on Bella and Jacob's relationship. And they should allow for Alice's character to develop more than they did in Twilight because she's the one who brings Edward and Bella back together and the one who Charlie shows a preference to by allowing her to stay over in the chapter "visitor".
I totally and 100% agree with you. I'm personaly a Jacob fan, so if they mess this up...I'll do more than slap them silly! Jacob's character really grows in New Moon. And if they decide not to entierly show that, just because they want Rob to have more scenes, well that's just pathetic. The whole purpose of this is to bring the book to life because so many people love it. But, not so many people will love it anymore it they mess this up!
I agree... I'm a Team Edward person but I hope they keep it like book as much as possible...the book is mostly about Bella and Jacob and how they bond and start to become a couple but then Alice comes to the rescue!! 8-)
ShinyNewVolvoOwner
Settled in Forks

Post by ShinyNewVolvoOwner »

hello all!
I was so relieved when I heard that CW was going to take over the next Twilight movie! I really liked About A Boy, and TGC was also good (albeit not at all close to the book, but we've already established that the reason for this was to avoid offending religious people). But, as everyone says, the special effects and the visual art was outstanding, and frankly I think anyone could do a better job than Catherine did in Twilight. No offense to CH's fans but I just wasn't feeling the Twilight movie at all! While watching it I remember thinking "if only she directed it this way...etc". Of course she's not completely to blame, as many of you have pointed out. the screenwriter miseed a lot of essential things in Twilight and I really hope she gets it right this time around. But it wasn't only the dialogue that was off, but the whole atmosphere. Did anyone else notice how eerily quiet it was a lot of the time, like no background music and such. :shock: It made it feel like it was a home video sometimes!!

Also, I watched some interviews with RP and he said that he didn't want them to change the story so that he got more screen time but to stick strictly to the book. But I think that they would probably do a montage of Edward looking dejectedly out a window, or him cooped up in an attic picking petals off a flower wondering if Bella has moved on lol. Let's hope that the writer and director were listening to Rob at least, and we should have no problems!
and so the lion fell in love with the lamb...
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

I would have to disagree with you on the 'no background music...home video' type thing...I think as far as like, no background music goes...a lot of people need background music when they are watching a movie so that they can get a feel for what the emotion of that particular scene is...I think the storyline, and the emotions of the characters in Twilight provoked enough emotion , that the major use of OVER dramatic background music wasn't necessary to convey a certain feel, or emotion in the scenes...if that makes sense! XD Thats just what I think... :mrgreen:
ImageImage
E<3B
-veiled-
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by -veiled- »

I'm split on this one.

American Pie was one hell of a movie, but I'm not sure how well he will make New Moon turn out, with the graphics and what-not. I don't want it to turn out "cheesy".
Nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Nerd »

I'm actually okay with no background music. :lol: I dont know if anybody has seen Hard Candy, but they didn't use too much music. In fact, the only sound I REMEMBER hearing was hearing a track of scissor snips during a very disturbing scene. Love that movie, but... I don't know if I'll ever be able to watch it again. Anyhow, I don't think they used too much music if they used any at ALL, and the emotions were still easily conveyed. Music definitely helps set the mood, but it's not necessary.
Skank Bale Image Let's roll! | Klutzy Chanteus | Official member of the Dork Squad
Visit here & here DAILY to donate to my city! | Thoughts of a Twi-hard: A Blog of Rants
*Lamb*I*Am*
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by *Lamb*I*Am* »

I missed that they didn't show the depth of Bella & Edwards' relationship in Twilight. Not enough about his struggle to be with her...
Hoping that the change of director, will change that in NM. That they really get the emotional ride of things right.
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

I think music is an important element of a movie. It can set the mood for the scene or do the foreshadowing that elements of the books has but is hard to do on screen.
ShinyNewVolvoOwner
Settled in Forks

Post by ShinyNewVolvoOwner »

twilightbelle<3 wrote:I would have to disagree with you on the 'no background music...home video' type thing...I think as far as like, no background music goes...a lot of people need background music when they are watching a movie so that they can get a feel for what the emotion of that particular scene is...I think the storyline, and the emotions of the characters in Twilight provoked enough emotion , that the major use of OVER dramatic background music wasn't necessary to convey a certain feel, or emotion in the scenes...if that makes sense! XD Thats just what I think... :mrgreen:
I agree that music is not necessary to make a film a success, I've seen many movies where they make it work, and make it work well. The lack of music sometimes sets the mood too. But I just don't think it worked with 'Twilight'. As much as I wanted it to be a great movie, there was something that was missing for me...I found the silences between Edward and Bella awkward in the movie and the extra silence around the whole set kind of made it worse I found. But that's just my opinion :)
High hopes for NM though! 8-)
and so the lion fell in love with the lamb...