Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

Chris Weitz --New Moon movie director

Post by Nena »

Discuss everything regarding movie director Chris Weitz in this thread.
Sophie Cullen
Wandering Through Town

Re: Chris Weitz --New Moon movie director

Post by Sophie Cullen »

I don't really have an opinion on him. If he does the movie well and sticks to the story and character designs, I'll like him. If not, I'll form an army to attack him until he puts it right. I don't think it'll come to that though... 8-)
~Supporting Stephenie Meyer 100% Of The Way~
~Midnight Sun Virgin~
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

I'm waiting to see what he does with the movie. I wasn't too impressed with The Golden Compass, but I will wait to hate him or love him after I see the movie.

New Moon is the one book I don't like, but it is the movie I can't wait to see. But since he had been announced I started to panic. I wasn't sure if his style would work. I do hope it works out well.
Deja
Learning to Love Green

Post by Deja »

I have an opinion.

I'm excited. The Golden Compass may not have been the best adaptation, but the blame for that rests mostly on the studio, who changed everything as drastically as possible so they wouldn't offend everyone. The movie, while not a good adaptation- was still beautiful. It still won a Oscar, for Visual Effects, and was nominated for Art Direction. Now this is mostly due to the art department, but Chris had a hand in this, you can be sure. It won three other awards at various award ceremonies, and was nominated for another 26, mostly in Art direction and Special Effects. This is a GOOD thing. Besides that he also won an Oscar for BEST WRITING, adapted screenplay.

He isn't some stupid director with no experience. He is an award winning director with experience in comedy, drama, romance- and epic special effects. Many top actors have worked for him happily. They didn't find this one in the looney bin. I'm excited for his version of New Moon. I really liked Catherine, but I think we're going to get a higher quality movie. I really do.

Thats all.
Just call me Bella
Wandering Through Town

Post by Just call me Bella »

I guess we'll see. I don't really know enough of his work to have a formed opinion. All long as he's true to the books, he'll be ok in my book. I was actually thinking I should see the Golden Compass to see if I liked his work.
Edward can bust my headboard, bite my pillows and bruise my body ANYDAY!
edwardISmine
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by edwardISmine »

I've calmed down, i think all this talk of....this is going to happen, no this, no new director....all of it made me really worried. But after reading the note on Stephenie Meyer's website I feel loads better.

Now on to the topic of Chris. I seem to be one of the few who actually liked Golden Compass (after reading what everyone says about it) And I agree with the poster above, I think with Chris we're going to be getting a higher quality movie. One with a little more meat and potatoes (if you catch my drift) I'm now excited about the movie and personally can't wait to see what Chris is going to bring to the fans
shwarzloewe
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: on a clearing in the forest howling at the moon.....

Post by shwarzloewe »

if one of the book to movie adaptation of a certain director is the golden compass, will you hire him?

Summit entertainment loosers: yes, that movie earned a lot overseas even though the said movie kinda suck in the direction of the story, we could care less as long about the story as long as we make oodles of money! :D
renesmeecarlie
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by renesmeecarlie »

edwardISmine wrote:I've calmed down, i think all this talk of....this is going to happen, no this, no new director....all of it made me really worried. But after reading the note on Stephenie Meyer's website I feel loads better.

Now on to the topic of Chris. I seem to be one of the few who actually liked Golden Compass (after reading what everyone says about it) And I agree with the poster above, I think with Chris we're going to be getting a higher quality movie. One with a little more meat and potatoes (if you catch my drift) I'm now excited about the movie and personally can't wait to see what Chris is going to bring to the fans
I agree completely--I went on and read the note he wrote and I just don't know how I could be worried...yes it will not be the same as the book exactly, but I've also NEVER heard of a director taking the time to write a letter addressed to the fans...I thought it was really awesome of him

That plus the bigger budget is leaving me a lot more confident in this film--I CAN'T WAIT!!!

"Amazing", he said, his exquisite voice full of wonder, slightly amused.
"Carlisle was right."
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

No opinion - yet. :| I'm watching, waiting and listening. You lovely darlings know his work better than I do. I never saw Golden Compass, my daughter did and she hated it.

Who knows. Just read the book, Chris Weiss. Talk to SM, ask questions and feel the heartache as well as see the beauty that is New Moon. Give us New Moon as it was intended and you will not regret it and neither will I who will spend the money to see it.

We shall see.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
shavei7
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by shavei7 »

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt --- for now --- because of SM.

We'll see...all I can say is, they (director, Summit, scriptwriter) better not f*ck this up.
Anyways, worse case scnerio (knock on wood....I want this film to be way better than the first in terms of script and effects and ..everything) my 'pitchfork and torch' are already ready.

And whoever is planning to form an army if the f*ck this up, count me in :twisted: :evil:
Thnx for the awesome banner NIKKI/stellar87!
Team ROBWARD. But I get dibs on Taylor's abs!
slut.. skank.. slut.. skank.. turtle..