Chris Weitz --New Moon movie director

Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
JodeenSings
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: By my Spaceheater fighting off DISNEY PEOPLE with a spork!

Re: Chris Weitz --New Moon movie director

Post by JodeenSings »

shortstuff wrote:
navarre wrote:I still say that Hardwicke did NOT help either!!! Those close ups were giving me a headache. I certainly did not care to see if the actors had 'bats in their caves' (boogers). It certainly showed how bad the make-up was.
Poor Peter(Carlisle) he looked like a mortician got a hold of him and dunked him in mortician's make-up. Whew!

I hope CW get a better make-up team, too.
hahaha i thought the EXACT same thing when carlisle first walked in the hospital.. he was SO WHITE, i laughed out loud! peter was amazing, but the make up was a little much... (somone told me tho that it makes sense because the older the vampire, the paler he is..? i dont know if that's true..)
I thought it was just the flourescents . . . .
~~~Image~~~
team turtle - that's how we roll
^Is that dorky enough for you Taylor?^
* My Dork Prowess - Spork Fencing! *
shortstuff
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by shortstuff »

JodeenSings wrote:
shortstuff wrote:
navarre wrote:I still say that Hardwicke did NOT help either!!! Those close ups were giving me a headache. I certainly did not care to see if the actors had 'bats in their caves' (boogers). It certainly showed how bad the make-up was.
Poor Peter(Carlisle) he looked like a mortician got a hold of him and dunked him in mortician's make-up. Whew!

I hope CW get a better make-up team, too.
hahaha i thought the EXACT same thing when carlisle first walked in the hospital.. he was SO WHITE, i laughed out loud! peter was amazing, but the make up was a little much... (somone told me tho that it makes sense because the older the vampire, the paler he is..? i dont know if that's true..)
I thought it was just the flourescents . . . .
LOL. that too.. :lol:
misscullengirl
Settled in Forks

Post by misscullengirl »

I hope that Chris Weitz will try to stay close to the story and the main plots, in New Moon as well as the other books of the saga, there are so many important scenes and as avid fans of the novels we sure wouldn't want to see the story so compressed and shortened by sacrificing some vital scenes or plots!Even in the Twilight movie there were so many missing parts and combined scenes really. I just hope and pray that this new director of New Moon will really stick to what New Moon really is!
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

MidnightStar wrote:I love that someone mentioned the Harry Potter series, and how the feel of the series was off when the HP directors changed from film to film. I'm also an HP fan, and the change of directors screwed up the flow of the story from year to year.

Plus, I read and enjoyed "His Dark Materials" and I walked out of the "Golden Compass" extremely dissapointed! But I did read somewhere on here that the studio was the culprit for screwing up that film since they were worried about negative reactions from the religious right.

I just sincerely hope that Summit is planning on CW directing all three so they flow as a series. BUT CW had better look out if he butchers Twilight. I think we fans might snap if twice in a row we are handed sub-par garbage which butchers the series and our beloved characters.

Apparently he backed out the Golden Compass sequel because he was worried about pressure from fans. He has no idea what he's walked into with Twilight fans!!! :lol:
Exactly!! He has NO idea just how insane we can get if he screws this one up!! We already had to deal with one f***-up in Twilight the Movie, we do not need a repeat. Period!! :evil: :x
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
JessicaIsIntoxicated
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by JessicaIsIntoxicated »

I guess to each his own. I enjoyed the movie! And I am looking forward to what Weitz can do. I was really upset at first... but he MAY just be able to pull it off...
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

navarre wrote:
MidnightStar wrote:I love that someone mentioned the Harry Potter series, and how the feel of the series was off when the HP directors changed from film to film. I'm also an HP fan, and the change of directors screwed up the flow of the story from year to year.

Plus, I read and enjoyed "His Dark Materials" and I walked out of the "Golden Compass" extremely dissapointed! But I did read somewhere on here that the studio was the culprit for screwing up that film since they were worried about negative reactions from the religious right.

I just sincerely hope that Summit is planning on CW directing all three so they flow as a series. BUT CW had better look out if he butchers Twilight. I think we fans might snap if twice in a row we are handed sub-par garbage which butchers the series and our beloved characters.

Apparently he backed out the Golden Compass sequel because he was worried about pressure from fans. He has no idea what he's walked into with Twilight fans!!! :lol:
Exactly!! He has NO idea just how insane we can get if he screws this one up!! We already had to deal with one f***-up in Twilight the Movie, we do not need a repeat. Period!! :evil: :x
Amen to that. I LOVE His Dark Materials's trilogy. I hated the adaptation. I don't know why... something was simply lacking. i don't know if it was Dakota Blue Richards poor acting...

I really pray for him doesn't screw up with New Moon.
fanpire_336
Settled in Forks

Post by fanpire_336 »

I have mixed feelings about him (Chris Weitz). I like the fact that he kept Taylor as Jacob, but his other films haven't been great. I'm waiting to see what he does with New Moon and I hope it's better than Twilight. But, I'm going to let him slide-this time. If he does mess up the movie, I really won't be happy, but so far I think he's going to be fine. I mean, he sent out a letter to the fans-how many directors do that?? But, one more thing, if he makes the movie great-which I'm hoping for-Summit better keep him for the next films. Like someone mentioned, switching directors for each movie would ruin the feel of the series.
LoveMeSomeEdward
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by LoveMeSomeEdward »

I havn't read the His Dark Materials's trilogy but i always thought he didn't do a great job at the movie becasue it was complicated storyline to follow.
I don;t think he can screw it up as much as Twilight was screwed. I still don't like it, that movie missed the magic.

Guess we'll find out pretty soon, and like someone else said the fact that he actually wrote a letter reassuring us that the films in good hands has really relieved me.
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

I really like all the letters he's written to the fans so far - they've all been kinda tinged with reverence for the fandom, which is really nice to see. And he seems so excited and loving. And concerned that he's making the best decisions for the movie, but also for taking care of the books and the author and the fan. :) Yay.

This should be interesting. And I can't believe in, like, 11 months it will be out already! Ah!
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
Babygirl67
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Babygirl67 »

i think he will do good if he dont screw it up