Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
pinkblack08
Settled in Forks

Re: Chris Weitz --New Moon movie director

Post by pinkblack08 »

TopazLove wrote:One thing, if they absolutely HAVE to show Edward's pain...I really wish Stephenie would write that part. I have no doubt that she knows exactly what Edward was doing during that time. It might be a little like watching a bit of Midnight Sun on film. If MR writes it....I bet it will be lame. :(
^Oh yeah, me too..*crosses fingers*.. I think MS is Edward's POV only for Twilight..
-
I wish he'd make new moon really nice. I was disappointed with Twilight and the way Catherine Hardwicke directed it--I didn't like the changes she made. I only liked the baseball scene..
Anyway, good luck to him :D
Yeah, they do!
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

If they have to put edward in the middle of the movie, i think they should do the beginning of that chapter that SM put on her website - the one from Edwards POV when Rosalie calls him about bella. Except I think they should leave out the calling bit and just have the beginning of it - Edward thinking about it all and struggling, and then thinking of going to check on her and suddenly feeling happy, then realising he can't do that, he shouldn't. And then it ends there.
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
Imprintings
Settled in Forks

Post by Imprintings »

Honestly, I'm looking forward to the second Movie...but I'm a bit weary about the change of director. Also I kind of feel that the movie would be better directed by a female...

I agree about flicking to Edward things, I have always wanted SM to make a 'Midnight Sun' for New Moon...since I have always wanted to know about what Edward was thinking in that time.
Dragon's_Gypsy
Wandering Through Town

Post by Dragon's_Gypsy »

Imprintings wrote: I agree about flicking to Edward things, I have always wanted SM to make a 'Midnight Sun' for New Moon...since I have always wanted to know about what Edward was thinking in that time.
Same here. But of course, it would be nice for Midnight Sun to be finished also.

I haven't seen GC or About a Boy yet so the only movie I've seen directed by CW is American Pie and that soooo shouldn't be what I base my thoughts on. However, I was comforted by the letter he posted to the fans and I will reserve judgment until I at least see his other movies.
Team Edward
Because Jacob just can't fight with an eclipse
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

I don't think it matters if a male or female directs the movies...some of the best love stories have been written and directed by males...I think if Chris has the right vision for the movies and translates that to the screen it will be a good movie...I'm excited to see what he brings to New Moon
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

I just think that...I don't know. I don't want it to turn into a kids movie, with the silly looking animals, and all that CGI crap.
But I am hoping for the best!
ImageImage
E<3B
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

JenJen2112 wrote:I don't think it matters if a male or female directs the movies...some of the best love stories have been written and directed by males...I think if Chris has the right vision for the movies and translates that to the screen it will be a good movie...I'm excited to see what he brings to New Moon
That couldn't be more true. Titanic anyone? James Cameron did an amazing job with that.
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

RebeccaCullen wrote:
JenJen2112 wrote:I don't think it matters if a male or female directs the movies...some of the best love stories have been written and directed by males...I think if Chris has the right vision for the movies and translates that to the screen it will be a good movie...I'm excited to see what he brings to New Moon
That couldn't be more true. Titanic anyone? James Cameron did an amazing job with that.
My mom said she thought Twilight was better than Titanic, the love story. I was shocked, because she is obsessed with Titanic! :o
ImageImage
E<3B
kuro_neko
Settled in Forks

Post by kuro_neko »

I'm tired of the female director argument crap.

have you ever watched an interview with SM? She is probably more masculine than CW, talk about butch.

not to mention, the books are not about over the top girly things such as periods, ice cream dates, ribbons and proms, etc, in fact bella (and therefore SM) makes it rather clear that she hates those things. as for the emotional core, why is what bella feels any different than what a male can feel going through the same thing? Not all men are macho misogynistic thugs. besides, the only reason Twilight managed to do so well at the box office was because it took a young adult story aimed more at girls and added a darker more masculine edge to it, making it appeal to the boys as well. if you want the movie as a whole to do well, it would make sense to have a male director add some (sometimes deserved) male perspective to it. teenage girls, out of all the demographics, are the ones who go to the movies the least, the most being teenage boys, so you can hardly blame them.
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

twilightbelle<3 wrote:
RebeccaCullen wrote:
My mom said she thought Twilight was better than Titanic, the love story. I was shocked, because she is obsessed with Titanic! :o
:o :o Well, that's saying something.