Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Cymbrelynn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: New Moon Movie ~ Take 3

Post by Cymbrelynn »

Dazzled_by_Cullens wrote:
Deja wrote:lol

Taylor Lautner isn't even completely Native American.

I, agree with Malaz, who I feel is one of the voices of reason on this board.

CGI might work but is TOO expensive!!!! Summit would spend all of the money made on Twilight just to do CGI on Taylor! Can you imagine the hours that would take? This is absurd. Every single scene with Jacob would have to be done CGI- that's a LOT of CGI.

They will recast Jacob, and the rest of us are just going to have to deal with it. End of story.

Jacob needs to be a leading man- he needs to be able to lead most of this movie- I just don't think Taylor is there yet.
Here, here. I agree with you Deja and Malaz! I feel the exact same way. Seems like we all need to just move on with what ever decission is made and live with it. I don't mean to piss anyone off, but it seems like we just keep going in circles with this whole topic.

I'm going to jump on the bandwagon of reason here. We are definitely going in circles and there is almost no point to getting so worked up about this. Feel free to send letters and emails to Summit and let them know your opinion. Online petitions, however, never amount to a hill of beans. If Taylor hears of them I'm sure they would mean a lot to him, though.

Think about what Summit knows:

1) Pretty much any changes they make...they are guaranteed to have a knockout opening weekend
2) They know that they can get away with changing things or making unlikely casting decisions and the majority of the fanbase will learn to love it (see: Rob, vast variety of things that are different from book to screen)

Things I think Summit is thinking:
1) The CGI involved for Taylor is too expensive. Especially considering how much of the budget will be going toward f/x for the werewolves. It's just an unnecessary expenditure.
2) While Taylor is cute, he is no match for Rob. Imagine if they hire someone capable of true heartthrob status. It would push the movie through the roof. Two mega hotties battling it out for the love of one ordinary girl! $$$

Bottom line is they need to make a decision and soon. You never know. What if whoever they cast, if they re-cast, for Jacob ends up being awesome? Are you more interested in having Taylor stay Jacob no matter what or what is best for the saga?
"Your hold is permanent and unbreakable. Never doubt that." EC
My avatar is from emaleth@vesperarium!
TeamJacob!
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by TeamJacob! »

i just wanna know how they are gonna make MC look younger for the first bit of NM?
E<3B but I <3 Jacob
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER SECURITY
>>>Thinks her avie provides proof that Rob does indeed have muscles...;D
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

I don't think they have to CGI Taylor. Who the hell cares if Jacob looks 25 yrs old and is 6'7" tall???
It DOESN'T change the plot!!! If they're being cheap, they don't have to concentrate on using CGI on him.
They should concentrate on finding other actors for roles that ARE NOT YET casted and using what little extra money they're willing to dish out on the phasing and the werewolves and Italy.
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

I could go either way on who plays Jacob Black...its not the biggest deal to me...I just wish that they would make a decision and move forward...but hey, Summits getting a ton of publicity over the Jacob Black issue...
twi-nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twi-nerd »

You know what, I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. But if they do recast Taylor . . .

I will not see New Moon. Are you kidding me?! The whole movie would be stupid! I mean seriously. You buy a shirt at Hot Topic with Taylor as Jacob and then another one for New Moon with some other dude. I will cry if they mess it up. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Like I said, I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.
My favorite band Pierce the Veil. I LOVE VIC FUENTES!! Thank you so much Chloe for the banner.
mom26ks
Wandering Through Town

Post by mom26ks »

Bummer that you won't see it.

I just re-read New Moon and I pictured Taylor as Jacob. Will I be sad if they don't recast him? Your dang right but I'll still see New Moon. Seems kinda stupid to me that they cast him in the first movie probably suspecting that they would be making New Moon. As far as this Michael dude, I think they can find some one way better than him. He's too cocky and pushy for me!
s69.photobucket.com/albums/i47/len...
nafereti
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Location: roll'n wit the turtles, run'n wit the wolves & Taylor's Left Pec

Post by nafereti »

CGI might work but is TOO expensive!!!! Summit would spend all of the money made on Twilight just to do CGI on Taylor! Can you imagine the hours that would take? This is absurd. Every single scene with Jacob would have to be done CGI- that's a LOT of CGI.

They will recast Jacob, and the rest of us are just going to have to deal with it. End of story.

Jacob needs to be a leading man- he needs to be able to lead most of this movie- I just don't think Taylor is there yet.

1-Yes, taylor isn't completely Native American. So what...replace him with a guy who is Filipino & German?! yeah...

2-Yes, CGI is TOO expensive but then again they will be using for ALL THE WOLF PACK MEMBERS, not only Taylor.

3-if they re-cast taylor then they will have to re-cast solomon (sam) & krys (embry).

4-i believe taylor can lead the movie.
Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
Imprinted-2912
Settled in Forks

Post by Imprinted-2912 »

nafereti wrote:
1-Yes, taylor isn't completely Native American. So what...replace him with a guy who is Filipino & German?! yeah...
Oh my god I know right??
How can people be using the fact that Taylor isnt fully native-American against him and as an excuse to replace him??
At least he is part..which is more than we can say for MC
I just really hate that summit is trying to replace him ..I mean Taylor is so excited to play Jacob and he's so eager he really wants to do it and everyone knows just by listening to him talk about Jacob in Twilight that he is passionate and really wants to do a good job. It also just really sucks that there is no official word on casting yet and there is no definite decision. I just wish they would hurry up and decide!!!
“ Oh my God I just had a dirty dream about you and your brothers!! My eyes...Edward my eyes.,...ew Jasper...oh god I took off his shirt and Emmett...ugh I can't even say what happened there! Ew...” - Bella

Family Therapy Cullen Style by vgjm
Deja
Learning to Love Green

Post by Deja »

nafereti wrote:

2-Yes, CGI is TOO expensive but then again they will be using for ALL THE WOLF PACK MEMBERS, not only Taylor.

3-if they re-cast taylor then they will have to re-cast solomon (sam) & krys (embry).

4-i believe taylor can lead the movie.
I don't care if the actor who plays Jacob is Dutch and Irish as long as he looks like Jacob. I wasn't the one bringing up his heritage, I'm only saying that while it is true MC is Filipino, TL is not 100% Native American either. I agree that's no reason to cast or fire an actor, but just as it's a bad reason to get rid of Taylor, it's a bad reason not to hire Copon, if he is the best for the role.

Taylor is smaller than both Solomon and Krys. Younger too. There's much that can be done with both of those actors, who don't look young to begin with. Taylor's got a baby face, you've got to admit. There's no reason to have to re-cast Solomon and Krys- my only hope is that these two actors can actually act, since "The Cullens don't come here." isn't a whole lot to go on.

End of story? Summit is going to do whatever they want. I am not the only fan they have to please, nor are you, or any of us. They have to find some way to make not only US happy, the fans, but those who haven't read the books and likely won't read the books. The boyfriends, the husbands, the skeptical co-workers we dragged to the movie, these people have to be entertained too.

RPatz vs. Taylor Lautner? Idk. I'm not altogether impressed. I know he's excited, but at the end of the day, he's an actor, and actors win and lose jobs just like the rest of us, and he knows the business better than the whole lot of us. I'm sure he appreciates your support, but understands it's just one of those things that happens in the business.

RPatz vs. Steven Straight or Michael Copon? Bring it on.

Now, as I've talked this entire subject into the ground, I'd like to discuss the movie on it's own. I've just watched The Golden Compass, because I'd not yet seen it and was interested in Chris Weitz work. The movie was pretty damn confusing, actually, as I've not read the books, though it does make me WANT to read the books. That said it was absolutely stunning. The angles and the camera work was amazing. I hope he brings his steady-cam operator to the Twilight set. I was slightly dizzy with Catherine's odd angles, which I admit, gave the film a nice intimate feel, but I'm ready for something more powerful, more epic.

The colors of TGC were lovely too- just the beautiful way everything was shot- makes me really very excited for his viewpoints on the world of Twilight.

Do you guys think they will cast the Denali clan or leave them out of it for now? I don't know how much of the Laurent/Irina storyline they will bring in, it may get too confusing- though how they would work around it later in Eclipse and BD may be a bit touchy. I just think too many characters this soon might get confusing for the non-reader. Hard to explain everyone, you know.

As far as the Volturi- they should cast Aro, Marcus, and Caius, Jane & Alec, and at least Felix, because he's my favorite Volturi. lol. I might have a little crush on him, actually.
Miss Cullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Miss Cullen »

needwingstofly wrote:
Miss Cullen wrote:
If you think about it thats how long it took to do twilight, from memory Kristin wasnt cast till close till the end of 2007 and they were filming past april of 2008 (cause its been stated several times that Kristin turned 18 part way through filming) and they still got it out in November. So casting pre-production and everything was done on twilight in probably only a little over 12 months, same almost as what they are intending on New Moon.
But this time, they have to figure out how to create the wolves. And possibly how to bulk up Taylor Lautner. (Fingers are crossed). And if they are filming in Italy and all the new actors they have to hire. So on and so on... How can they make this work?
Optimism, I tell ya! That release date isn't set in stone anyways, right? I'm assuming that the lifecycle for New Moon is well planned and deadlines are met when they need to be so they aren't rushing during the filming and editing.
And with twilight they had a lot of casting as well, edward, jacob, all the cullens etc. They also had to figure out how to get the vampires to run fast and jump adn all of that. They can do it and i have faith they can :)