Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
nafereti
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Location: roll'n wit the turtles, run'n wit the wolves & Taylor's Left Pec

Re: New Moon Movie ~ Take 3

Post by nafereti »

malaz wrote:^it would be great if they could use CGI but then it has to be believable and good looking otherwise i would laugh. i was trying sooo hard not to do that with the twilight movie, the special effects were humourous at the very least, but i swear i love the movie, i do...but come on, they were not good (the SE)

but using CGI with taylor will inlove alot of $$$ and i am pretty sure Summit doesn't have enough money for that.
^ well if they do that, then they have to re-cast Sam & Embry as well.

Nikki Reed was shorter then Ashley Greene yet they still did things to make Rosalie taller than Alice. They can do the same for Taylor.
malaz wrote:new moon pg 131 states
"jacob had grown into some of his potential in the last eight months. he'd passed that point where the soft muscles of his childhood hardened into solid, lanky build of a teenger; the tendons and veins had become promnent under the red-brown skin of his arms, his hands. hif face was still sweet like I remember it, though it had hardened, too--the planes of his cheekbones sharper, his jaw squared off, all childish roundness gone."

new moon pg 362 states
"jacob had changed radically in the last weeks since i'd seen him..." and i am sure you know the rest.

No the changes are not insignificant, if you read the the paragraph again, the context simply states that jacob changed, and alot but his changes were insignifcant to how his face lacked emotion or whatever. it's the same as bella, she was happy when edward was with her, when edward left, her eyes had no "light" or whatever...that's at least what i got from the paragraph.

and SM said that in newmoon jacob looks...different, very different. she said something along the lines "if they get a new actor for new moon, it will stay true to the book, because when bells says "oh hey there jacob, WOW you changed alot" that would be nailing it exactly" (paraphrasing) i'll have to find that article.
page 131- I think Taylor hitting the gym 5 days a week will most def'n help him with the whole "soft muscles of his childhood hardened into solid...."

page 362- i think you mean pg 262...yeah?
well Taylor has the short hair, make-up can make his face look like his aged, again; hitting the gym 5 days a week will help with the shoulders, neck, etc look like its "thicker & enormous", and he has that russet skin.

Please link the article, I will really like to read it!
Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
cullensallovamybinda
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails
Location: Owning the candy store. Watching *drooling* over Emmetts BonBon's with Shannon!! :P yumm<3

Post by cullensallovamybinda »

good point well made^... jake will be fine.. i ant see them changing him after they allready used him... ive only seen that with dumbledore... and he died... :shock:

love cam
FrontLoaderTrainee~EDC.INC lets break down some houses
The Red Jell-O Reinforcementsvs.Emmett's Undiesvs.The Cotton Candy Revolutionists Jell-O Wars of '09
KAT IS MY TWI TWIN
nafereti
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Location: roll'n wit the turtles, run'n wit the wolves & Taylor's Left Pec

Post by nafereti »

cullensallovamybinda wrote:good point well made^... jake will be fine.. i ant see them changing him after they allready used him... ive only seen that with dumbledore... and he died... :shock:

love cam
Thanks!!

Here are two online petition:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/keep-t ... on?page=41

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/taylorlautner

& vote for Taylor on this poll:

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/12/17/po ... ng-crisis/

Team TAYCOB!!
Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

waiting tobe dazzled wrote: I do hope they keep Taylor...if not bcause he is a really good actor, maybe out of respect for the actor.

I saw a red carpet interview where Rob mentioned where they wouldbe filming for New Moon...I remember he mentons Italy and Canada...thats all I remember though :?
Dang, I'm pretty sure they are going to use British Columbia to boot. Kinda figured they'd eventually come to Canada.
malaz wrote:god...all this is giving me a headache.

I think Summit Ent. is the majority here, not the fans - in the end, they will make a decision based on what they want. I think Summit knows fans pretty well, and i am sure if they follow with their decision (taylor being not jacob black) that the fans in like 2 months will proberly warm up to michael or whoever they cast as jacob.

I just want a damn announcement already, honestly...isn't anyone like, fed up? (hopefully i don't offend anyone, i just want a decision to be made already.)

Doesn't everyone want a decision made already?
Got that right. Wish they'd give us something to work with here on the casting of Jacob. I don't care either way, but I'm getting tired of waiting.
shawniegore
Learning to Love Green

Post by shawniegore »

malaz wrote:
Doesn't everyone want a decision made already?
YESSSSSSSSS!!!

t_feva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by t_feva »

malaz wrote:
debussygirl wrote:I just voted for Taylor. 88% wanted Taylor, 8% wanted Michael and 4% wanted someone else. That 8% is probably all One Tree Hill fans. Hopefully the execs look at that stuff!!
i don't watch one tree hill but i was a part of the 8%

New Moon isn't solely about "taylor" i mean it's OK if they decide to keep taylor but i think changes are also acceptable, to me anyways...taylor doesn't fully channel jacob black - physically too and i'd rather the actor portaying the character look as close as possible and since there is a michael copon... yes please.
how can michael copon be jacob black when he doesnt even look native american? stephenie wrote about a native american werewolf, not a filipino werewolf.
teamtaycob.webs.com
twitter.com/tfeva1
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by Dazzled_by_Cullens »

debussygirl wrote:I just voted for Taylor. 88% wanted Taylor, 8% wanted Michael and 4% wanted someone else. That 8% is probably all One Tree Hill fans. Hopefully the execs look at that stuff!!
My gut feeling is that they aren't looking at that at all. I think that the studio is going to do what they want to that fits their agenda no matter what. I believe that they think that whoever plays Jacob we will eventually get over it and move on and see the movie no matter what. You know what they say.... time heals all wounds.
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread...I my LEXILY
Deja
Learning to Love Green

Post by Deja »

lol

Taylor Lautner isn't even completely Native American.

I, agree with Malaz, who I feel is one of the voices of reason on this board.

CGI might work but is TOO expensive!!!! Summit would spend all of the money made on Twilight just to do CGI on Taylor! Can you imagine the hours that would take? This is absurd. Every single scene with Jacob would have to be done CGI- that's a LOT of CGI.

They will recast Jacob, and the rest of us are just going to have to deal with it. End of story.

Jacob needs to be a leading man- he needs to be able to lead most of this movie- I just don't think Taylor is there yet.
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by Dazzled_by_Cullens »

Deja wrote:lol

Taylor Lautner isn't even completely Native American.

I, agree with Malaz, who I feel is one of the voices of reason on this board.

CGI might work but is TOO expensive!!!! Summit would spend all of the money made on Twilight just to do CGI on Taylor! Can you imagine the hours that would take? This is absurd. Every single scene with Jacob would have to be done CGI- that's a LOT of CGI.

They will recast Jacob, and the rest of us are just going to have to deal with it. End of story.

Jacob needs to be a leading man- he needs to be able to lead most of this movie- I just don't think Taylor is there yet.
Here, here. I agree with you Deja and Malaz! I feel the exact same way. Seems like we all need to just move on with what ever decission is made and live with it. I don't mean to piss anyone off, but it seems like we just keep going in circles with this whole topic.
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread...I my LEXILY
shygirl1
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by shygirl1 »

what I would give for a piece of that screenplay to read!!!!!!