Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
littlenudger
Settled in Forks

Re: Summit Entertainment

Post by littlenudger »

i know this is crazy random, but i just heard on E! news that Drew barrymore has been announced to be the director of Eclipse. ummmm thoughts anyone?? cause im kinda confused about this choice of directors, but it's summit and i don't really expect wise decisions out of them for the near future. :roll:
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Drew.frickin'.Barrymore??!! What the *&#@! :o :x :evil:
Now we will really get a "Charlies Angels" set up with her on board!! :x
I don't believe this. I heard that on t.v. tonight.
There are no more words......
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
CindyBlack
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by CindyBlack »

I don't think it's actually confirmed yet. It's just talk...but I really hope she doesn't. We need an experienced director for Eclipse thank you very much, it's my favorite book! :(
Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/cindylou101/
pharmer4
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by pharmer4 »

yar, not a thought that promotes confidence.

Personally, I'd like a director who both knows what they are doing, and does not have an ego that would push them to "put their stamp on it"
30 year old tattooed metal-loving male Twilight Fan. Breaking the Stereotype.

If you don't understand the science of Twilight, or just like to scoff at it, read my explanations here
Devious Cullen

Post by Devious Cullen »

From the thingy I read it seems to be just speculation and rumour at this stage. But that doesn't mean it won't happen.
xblgirl
Learning to Love Green

Post by xblgirl »

There are just so many rumours about the Twilight saga movies, that we don't really know what to expect. Example:Lots of people were expecting Jodelle Ferland to be Jane, next minute Dakota Fanning is Jane. WTF?! And I think that since Eclipse and New Moon are going to be back to back, the directors should just alternate. Like Twilight was Catherine Hardwicke and New Moon is Chris Weitz and then because Chris can't really do Eclipse, Catherine could do it and then for Breaking Dawn (if they actually DO that book), then they should co-direct it. I'm serious, anybody BUT Drew Barrymore.
I'm an obsessed fan and not afraid to hide it :)
pharmer4

Post by pharmer4 »

All the Australians on the board should know of a "celebrity reporter" by the name of Richard Wilkins - anyway, he was on his show this morning saying that Drew Barrymore is rumoured to do it, which should be good, since she has experience with aliens.

I'm like "WTF" firstly, vampires aren't aliens, and secondly, her experience with aliens is from ET, when she was 4 years old. Moron.

If you don't understand the science of Twilight, or just like to scoff at it, read my explanations here
Devious Cullen

Post by Devious Cullen »

The new rumour is that Chris' brother and co-owner of their company, will be doing Eclipse. This seems more likely than Drew.
xblgirl
Learning to Love Green

Post by xblgirl »

Paul Weitz I think is his name.Well, as long as he does a good job and better than CH, I'm good :)
I'm an obsessed fan and not afraid to hide it :)
pharmer4

Post by pharmer4 »

I don't think Catherine did a terrible job.

I mean, if the worst thing people can say about it is that it's not the same as they pictured, or there are storyline changes (which are required since no book can be made exactly into a movie), then it's not so terrible.