Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
kimbatron
Settled in Forks

Re: Summit Entertainment

Post by kimbatron »

I don't think it's rushed at all, it's not like it takes a year to film the movie, most movies it's a month-six weeks max. They need to do it before the younger characters get too old anyway.

As for missing stuff, I hope that they have learned their lesson from the first movie and will change things in new moon. But also, that's what director's cuts are for ;)
keds723
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by keds723 »

I agree guys. I think most of the time, a lot of movies are filmed in a few months and then the editing, special effects, music, etc is added. With this movie, the need for new music isn't really high up there since they have a basis from Twilight and a lot of it is just cutting what parts they want. A large part of the movie process is the publicity portion I think. I've seen movies that allow a lot of time to get the hype up for a movie before it comes out to improve the opening weekend sales, and I don't think Summit anticipates needing to advertise so much, since they have a large fan following already with this movie thanks to the books.

I think they could take more time, but what would be the point. I just hope we get a good film out of it. I will make them redo it. ;)
xblgirl
Learning to Love Green

Post by xblgirl »

keds723 wrote:I will make them redo it. ;)
XD ahhaha I'll join you! Seriously, if they make a terrible movie, they should be expecting a whole lot of angry Twilight fans waiting at the set of Eclipse(since they signed on for 3 movies :P) and people saying things like, "I'M GETTING EDWARD AND HE'LL KILL YOU FOR ME, JUST YOU WAIT!!!...YOU MADE A TERRIBLE MOVIE, JUST GIVE THESE GUYS A PAPER CUT,THEN BRING JASPER :D" lol
I'm an obsessed fan and not afraid to hide it :)
keds723

Post by keds723 »

I didn't know they were filming Eclipse along with it! They better do BD like Meyer's wants them to! (IE two movies)...Excitement!
JessicaIsIntoxicated

Post by JessicaIsIntoxicated »

I think they're filming New Moon and Eclipse back to back, aren't they?

What do you mean IE two movies?
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
keds723

Post by keds723 »

Well in an update on her blog, Stephenie Meyers says that she doesn't think Breaking Dawn could ever be a movie primarily because of Renesmee and then she says that if it were ever to be made a film, she would expect it to be two separate movies. Who knows...I wouldn't mind two movies!
shortstuff
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by shortstuff »

keds723 wrote:Well in an update on her blog, Stephenie Meyers says that she doesn't think Breaking Dawn could ever be a movie primarily because of Renesmee and then she says that if it were ever to be made a film, she would expect it to be two separate movies. Who knows...I wouldn't mind two movies!
well they did it with harry potter, im sure they could do it for BD, and it would make sense.. it would mean more money for them..
keds723

Post by keds723 »

Yeah, but what would be the cut off point? They'd have to leave it at a certain part where people would want to watch the second movie to see what happens. I mean, the first thing I thought was maybe the end of Jacob's story, but then that's too far. And you can't stop half way through!
shortstuff
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by shortstuff »

keds723 wrote:Yeah, but what would be the cut off point? They'd have to leave it at a certain part where people would want to watch the second movie to see what happens. I mean, the first thing I thought was maybe the end of Jacob's story, but then that's too far. And you can't stop half way through!
lol i cant answer that cuz i actually havent read BD yet! :o i know.. but im almost done eclipse :D
heartsjasper
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by heartsjasper »

SM has said she knows where she would cut it off but she hasnt said what thats part is
ImageImage
Team Alice & Jasper