Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Summit Entertainment

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

Thank you for all the great info! Is it wrong that I'm going to see the movie tonight and tomorrow night? ;) I've only just seen clips-since being so new to the series, I haven't had a chance to see the movie. I know some of the scenes are different. Hopefully, NM will follow more closely with the book. I can't wait!!!!
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

^^^ you haven't seen Twilight yet??? WOW.

When did you finish reading the series??? Oh and welcome to the LEX!!
twilightsagaaddict

Just got back from the movie-OMG! It was awesome! The changes, I guess, were necessary, but got the tone right. I really like how they tie things into NM! Thanks for the welcome! I read the 1st 2 books right before Christmas, then had to stop or my kids wouldn't have had a Christmas-I would have read right through! I picked up Eclpise on New Year's Day at around 5:00 p.m. and finished it at 2:00 a.m. I REALLY wanted to start BD right then, but had to get some sleep. I started BD at 8 the next morning and finished at 9:30 p.m. thank goodness the kids could fend for themselves! LOL! I think I've now reread/listened to Twilight 2 or 3 times. I think I'm totally sucked in-no pun intended! :D Can't wait to see the movie again tomorrow-how will we wait until Nov for NM?!

(and one of the trailers was for the next Harry Potter movie-my night is complete!! :lol: )
Banner by TammyAZ
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

Oh my gosh that's funny!!^^^

I read Twilight 2 years ago. Really liked it but loved Edward & Bella. Then my friend who lent me Twilight never lent me NM and she said there wasn't a lot of Edward in it so I forgot about it for 2 years. Then this summer she asked if I want to go the Breaking Dawn midnight release at Borders and I told I still never read NM and she lent me the book right a way. Then I fell in love with Jacob and had to read Eclipse right away and got BD a week after the release!!! LOL!!!
It really does hook you!!!! I reread all the books already...
Twilight 4 times,
New Moon 3 times
Eclipse 3 times ( some parts more than that..fire & ice tent scene, J&B kiss, ethics)
Breaking Dawn 1 time but Jacob's book about 3 times!!!
Mortifera
Settled in Forks

Post by Mortifera »

As much as I hate to say it, as much as I'm dying to see New Moon, I would rather them push it back to 2010 if they could make a better movie and include all the key scenes that made the book so lovable. I know that this isn't exactly on key with Twilight but when HP:OotP came out I was disappointed as was a whole theater full of HP fans when we saw the movie because there were things as fans we thought should have been in there that were left out and things that were changed from the book that didn't fit with the movie. I also saw some of that in Twilight, but I digress. I would rather see a completed well made film then a half Why are we talking about a donkey? version of the book, cause that will just turn fans away from the movie franchise.
shortstuff
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by shortstuff »

switzgal wrote:Oh my gosh that's funny!!^^^

I read Twilight 2 years ago. Really liked it but loved Edward & Bella. Then my friend who lent me Twilight never lent me NM and she said there wasn't a lot of Edward in it so I forgot about it for 2 years. Then this summer she asked if I want to go the Breaking Dawn midnight release at Borders and I told I still never read NM and she lent me the book right a way. Then I fell in love with Jacob and had to read Eclipse right away and got BD a week after the release!!! LOL!!!
It really does hook you!!!! I reread all the books already...
Twilight 4 times,
New Moon 3 times
Eclipse 3 times ( some parts more than that..fire & ice tent scene, J&B kiss, ethics)
Breaking Dawn 1 time but Jacob's book about 3 times!!!
"Jacob's Book"??

[ edit: ]
it occured to me after i posted that, that the way you wrote that, "jacob's book" was probably a chapter in Breaking Dawn (which i haven't read yet.. i'm in the middle of eclipse) so i go over to my book shelf and open BD to the table of contents, and i notice that theres only like 6 chapters, and none of them are called jacobs book.. so i flip the page and see "BOOK 1". and then it all makes sense.. I CANT BELEIVE I HAD NO IDEA THAT HALF OF BREAKING DAWN WAS JACOB! since i bought it, i never opened it cuz i was still on new moon and i didnt want to be tempeted into spoiling myself. so now i feel like an idiot..

(end rant).
twilightsagaaddict

Dob't feel like an idiot! :D I read them all so fast, I have no choice to read them all again! AFter re-reading Twilight (again and again)-each time I would find some detail that I missed. I'm starting NM again today-this time I'll try to read it slower. I really hope they do right by the book in the movie. After seeing Twilight last night and the anger already building b/t Edward and Jacob, it should be interesting.....
Banner by TammyAZ
loveforever627
Settled in Forks

Post by loveforever627 »

twilightsagaaddict wrote:Dob't feel like an idiot! :D I read them all so fast, I have no choice to read them all again! AFter re-reading Twilight (again and again)-each time I would find some detail that I missed. I'm starting NM again today-this time I'll try to read it slower. I really hope they do right by the book in the movie. After seeing Twilight last night and the anger already building b/t Edward and Jacob, it should be interesting.....
yes, agreed. i hope they do right by NM also. i really hope that they dont try and write edward into the script more than he is in the book... that would ruin everything.. the book is supposed to focus on bella and jacob's relationship and the suspense and heartbreak of edward not being there and if he is going to come back... i dont know i just will be very disappointed if they try and add in things that are not in the book.. i loved twilight but i hope that new moon is even better! and in order to be better i hope that they just stick with the storyline! and they most definately cannot take out the birthday party scene as that is the reason edward leaves in the first place and they cant really take out the italy scene either.. idk its tough to say what will happen on screen! either way i am super excited! and super excited that taylor is remaining in the series as jacob!
AmberLynne<33.

RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by RussetRose♥ »

loveforever627 wrote:
twilightsagaaddict wrote:Dob't feel like an idiot! :D I read them all so fast, I have no choice to read them all again! AFter re-reading Twilight (again and again)-each time I would find some detail that I missed. I'm starting NM again today-this time I'll try to read it slower. I really hope they do right by the book in the movie. After seeing Twilight last night and the anger already building b/t Edward and Jacob, it should be interesting.....
yes, agreed. i hope they do right by NM also. i really hope that they dont try and write edward into the script more than he is in the book... that would ruin everything.. the book is supposed to focus on bella and jacob's relationship and the suspense and heartbreak of edward not being there and if he is going to come back... i dont know i just will be very disappointed if they try and add in things that are not in the book.. i loved twilight but i hope that new moon is even better! and in order to be better i hope that they just stick with the storyline! and they most definately cannot take out the birthday party scene as that is the reason edward leaves in the first place and they cant really take out the italy scene either.. idk its tough to say what will happen on screen! either way i am super excited! and super excited that taylor is remaining in the series as jacob!
Agreed. Summit can't put Edward into scenes that he doesn't belong in. It just isn't right. New Moon is supposed to show Jake and Bella's growing relationship.
The first movie was really good! I just hope that NM follows the storyline of what actually happens in the book.

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
twilightsagaaddict

Hi all,

I posted this on The New Moon Movie #3 (I think that's what we're on :D ) and just wanted some thoughts.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/con ... 4baa9?pn=1

In one of the responses they mention combining elements of NM and Eclipse in the NM movie.

Why can't we just have NM?!
Banner by TammyAZ