Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
rjupiter
Learning to Love Green

Re: Worried about the New Moon movie?

Post by rjupiter »

dopeydm wrote:I am a little worried about "The End" in the movie....The trailer does not have the phrase that resonates throughout the book. "It will be as if I never existed." I sooo want that line. But it appears that it isn't in the movie :'( or not in the part of the scene that they showed.

i very confident that it is in the movie.
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

rjupiter wrote:
dopeydm wrote:I am a little worried about "The End" in the movie....The trailer does not have the phrase that resonates throughout the book. "It will be as if I never existed." I sooo want that line. But it appears that it isn't in the movie :'( or not in the part of the scene that they showed.

i very confident that it is in the movie.
Yes, that line has to be in there somehow. It is one of the most important lines. It shows how little Edward understands of the impact he has made on Bella's life. He actually thinks that she will be better off without him. The trailer showed just a few secs from one of the most important scenes in the movie. I'm sure we'll get much more.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
cullen_kissez
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by cullen_kissez »

Meztli wrote:One thing I'm worried about is how they'll show the wolves. They are suppose to be HUGE but I would want it to look realistic not obviosly CG. That is one worry of mine.
all hail ur siggy.. CRAZY!
Bless.
.:: why try and fit in when I was born to stand out? ::.

..and then we continued blissfully into this small but perfect piece of our forever.
E<3B
exotec
Settled in Forks

Post by exotec »

Since the filming is completed by now (or so we're led to believe?), I may as well quell my fretting! But one scene which was particularly heartwrenching for me - which no one has addressed here - was the one in which Bella is working through her feelings for Jacob, whether she could be happy with him, how bad would it be to live a life with someone who loves her and to share what happiness she could with him ... how she was on the verge of opening that door... and then they drive past the house and Carlisle's car is there. I was so happily excited! the heartbreak is over - they're back! ... but, oh... how it must have torn at Jacob's heart to see it; and yet he gave her back ... That was a scene for me. Joyful and heartrending at the same time. I didn't know whether to cheer or sob. It seems a small thing in the greater sweep of the tale, but it made a tremendous impact on me when I read it. I hope they found some way to incorporate it.

And on the topic of "funny" ... New Moon is decidedly a sad and dark episode in the series. But it's more dramatic to portray that darkness against brief moments of brightness. So, for that reason, I hope they do allow some humor into the movie. Just for contrast.

I have the same hopes and fears as many of you, but from the brief clips I've seen, it's not likely to disappoint me to the point of hysteria. I'm looking forward to the movie -- and the rest of the series too!

Every time I hear thunder, I wonder where the game is...
~xo~

=^..^=
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

The only funny parts in the movie will probably be from Jacob.

I don't want them to make it too funny, cause thats not really the mood for New Moon.
And hopefully mike vomits.

That'll be hilarious
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
TheLamb07
Wandering Through Town

Post by TheLamb07 »

now that New Moon had a better director and we have gotten a glipse of what to expect in november, ive been worried about the soundtrack and the actual score. That's the only thing that i liked about Catherine, she picked some decent music. she was even responsible for Rob singing in the movie. I wonder what Chris will chose? I hope they include Paramore again! I do hope they compose a better "Bella's Lullabye"! i was very disapointed to hear the one on the soundtrack! It was an okay song but it wasn't what i thought a lullaby should sound like... Anyway. I'm curious what will show up on the New Moon soundtrack.
Vampire vs. Werewolf is the new Pirate vs. Ninja
NeDzThErApYfOroCd
Settled in Forks

Post by NeDzThErApYfOroCd »

TheLamb07 wrote:now that New Moon had a better director and we have gotten a glipse of what to expect in november, ive been worried about the soundtrack and the actual score. That's the only thing that i liked about Catherine, she picked some decent music. she was even responsible for Rob singing in the movie. I wonder what Chris will chose? I hope they include Paramore again! I do hope they compose a better "Bella's Lullabye"! i was very disapointed to hear the one on the soundtrack! It was an okay song but it wasn't what i thought a lullaby should sound like... Anyway. I'm curious what will show up on the New Moon soundtrack.

I can't remember where I seen it ,but one of the members of Paramore (not Haley) said they were not doing a song for NM because they didn't want to be known as " the Twilight house band" . Those were his words.
Hearts in red ink.
Wandering Through Town

Post by Hearts in red ink. »

i can't see why they would leave that out of the movie.

that would be silly for them to not include it, that line has to be in the movie. :x maybe they just didn't include it in the trailer because they didn't want to give too much away ??? i don't know. :lol:
mary
Buying a Better Raincoat
Location: hanging out w/ Bella, Rennesme, and the other Cullens

Post by mary »

Yea, I'm sure that line will be in the movie. It's one of those lines that has to be in there, no matter what. They prob. just didn't show it in the trailer. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

"Look after my heart, I've left it with you."
Sannois
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Sannois »

I am not worried. As it has been said by others on the trailer thread, Those were just teasers and bits and pieces and not in sequence. As are many trailers. I think we are all in for a pleasant surprise. I have high hopes. I think it will far surpass Twilight. Just from following the Newmoon movie website with daily updates of shooting and scenes, I think it is going to be fantabulous! :D :D :D
Every time I hear thunder, I wonder if Vampires are playing baseball. Alice is my personal shopper