Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Re: Worried about the New Moon movie?

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

Judging from how involved she is in the New Moon film rumors, she might actually be playing her. They'll probably dye her hair or something. Personally, I'm OK with her playing or not playing Jane. Like, its great if she is, but I'd like to give other young actresses a chance, cause we all know that she can act. *shrug*
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
xblgirl
Learning to Love Green

Post by xblgirl »

edwardlikeshaystacks wrote:Judging from how involved she is in the New Moon film rumors, she might actually be playing her. They'll probably dye her hair or something. Personally, I'm OK with her playing or not playing Jane. Like, its great if she is, but I'd like to give other young actresses a chance, cause we all know that she can act. *shrug*
Yeah, I agree. It bothers me even more that she's just thiiiiiiiiiiiiisssss (-> ||) close to being Jane. I think that it would be better for a rising actress because Dakota already has her fame.
I'm an obsessed fan and not afraid to hide it :)
mama mia
Settled in Forks

Post by mama mia »

I know that a lot were disappointed with Kristens acting, but I thought that she portrayed the self-conscious, insecure side of Bella very well. She did lack reactions such as we never really saw her "light up",smile or blush whenever she was with Edward. I never really felt how 'in love' she was with him. I hope that she will do well in portraying the pain and near insanity that Bella goes through when Edward leaves her. This is the most critical part of the plot. If she doesn't convince the audience, then their continuing love story is dead on screen!?! The way SM wrote about it, was very very intense. If Kristen is able to portray this convincingly, heck she should be nominated for an Oscar!

I am also worried about how they will portray Jacob growing bigger and taller over such a short period. Though I know they don't have any confrontation scenes with Edward in NM, I look forward to Eclipse being made into a movie where Jacob is supposedly towering over Edward, and of course Edward isn't at all intimidated by him. Taylor Lautner is shorter than Rob! No matter how much Taylor bulks up, it is different when Jacob is supposed to be glowering down at Edward. :oops:
Constantine
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Constantine »

mama mia wrote:I know that a lot were disappointed with Kristens acting, but I thought that she portrayed the self-conscious, insecure side of Bella very well. She did lack reactions such as we never really saw her "light up",smile or blush whenever she was with Edward. I never really felt how 'in love' she was with him.
There were 3 scenes where she did good, to me anyways.

1 - Edward leaves Bella when shes cleaning her truck, she really didn't want him to leave.
2 - Lullaby scene, she's next to Edward and gives a smile as shes impressed/touched by the music and looks at him.
3 - Hospital scene, where Edward suggest that she move to Jacksonville. She did really well there, probably
my best scene with both them so far. Because if you truly love someone, you have to be able let them go and if that person truly loves you, they will come back to you/will fight to keep you.
i know you will heal, but i never wanna see you hurt.
~my fan art
mama mia
Settled in Forks

Post by mama mia »

There were 3 scenes where she did good, to me anyways.

1 - Edward leaves Bella when shes cleaning her truck, she really didn't want him to leave.
2 - Lullaby scene, she's next to Edward and gives a smile as shes impressed/touched by the music and looks at him.
3 - Hospital scene, where Edward suggest that she move to Jacksonville. She did really well there, probably
my best scene with both them so far. Because if you truly love someone, you have to be able let them go and if that person truly loves you, they will come back to you/will fight to keep you.
I liked the lullaby scene too. I actually watched the movie first before I read the books. So I really liked the movie and that was what pushed me to read the books. It was only after reading Twilight that I realized the book was so much better! But dont get me wrong, I thought the casting of Kristen and Rob were excellent. I cannot imagine a different actress portraying Bella. I hope that the new director can give her better emotional direction though. I do think though that Kristen will portray Bella well, in the scenes where she is in emotional agony over Edward leaving her. She always has a tint of sadness and mystery in her eyes, so I think she will do well.
TopazLove
Learning to Love Green

Post by TopazLove »

Just so you guys are prepared, they are not going to dye Dakotas hair a dark color. Jane's hair is described as light, pale brown in the book. That says dirty blond to me. The casting call for Jane says they are looking for a blond actress.
TopazLove
Learning to Love Green

Post by TopazLove »

I am worried because the love between Edward in Bella was underdeveloped in the Twilight movie. If MR and CW have been listening to the fan reactions, they will try to make us happy this time around. I am afraid they are going to OVER develop Jake and Bella's relationship. They can't fix Twilight, and Edward is gone in New Moon. I am afraid that people who haven't read the books will not understand why she picks Edward and leaves Jacob behind. Does that make sense? I hope they show us how strong Edward and Bella are before the b-day party, and in Italy.
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

TopazLove wrote:I am worried because the love between Edward in Bella was underdeveloped in the Twilight movie. If MR and CW have been listening to the fan reactions, they will try to make us happy this time around. I am afraid they are going to OVER develop Jake and Bella's relationship. They can't fix Twilight, and Edward is gone in New Moon. I am afraid that people who haven't read the books will not understand why she picks Edward and leaves Jacob behind. Does that make sense? I hope they show us how strong Edward and Bella are before the b-day party, and in Italy.
I hope so too. But as I have said in other posts, I am not holding my breath since Rosenberg is still part of the screenwriting.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

I am worried that they will cast a bunch of big names, and take away the quirkiness that Twilight had. I loved that aspect of the film, the kind of...underdeveloped-ness of it, all of the not really known actors and actresses. The chemistry between Rob and Kristen was like, you could feel it sitting in your seat! :lol:
I am also worried that they will add more Edward in the movie, just for the sake of the *squealing fan girls that love Robert Pattinson* I really hope they don't I want them to keep New Moon as close as possible to the book. I mean, don't get me wrong, [I have been Robert Pattinson fan since I first saw him in Harry Potter and he came falling out of the sky...!] but I really think New Moon, and Edward not being there really is an important part of the Twilight saga...
ImageImage
E<3B
imwiththewolf23
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by imwiththewolf23 »

okay, not to go off topic, but i've been hearing a lot of people (not necessarily only on the board) say that their worried about how the quilute wolves will look.

if anyone has seen the gloden compass which chris wietz also directed, or just parts of it (i haven't seen the whole thing) the computer graphics for the polar bears were excelent, so i don't think there's anything to worry about.
Clara "Al Capone" Romano for Twi-Mafia
The first werewolf in the mafia with a power. don't touch me, It'll hurt.
Lidia's official comedian
TEAM JACOBImage