Click for Forum Rules
Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

Worried about the New Moon movie?

Post by Nena »

Discuss all your worries here:
Meztli
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Playing thunderball with the Cullens in a Demetri-free land!

Re: Worried about the New Moon movie?

Post by Meztli »

One thing I'm worried about is how they'll show the wolves. They are suppose to be HUGE but I would want it to look realistic not obviosly CG. That is one worry of mine.
Hydraulic Broom Trainee for EDC, INC.
Commander of Emmett's Undies~Jell-O Wars '09
Fanfiction Profile: Meztli
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by RussetRose♥ »

I'm worried about the wolves too. I just hope that they are the way the SM describes the in the book. They are huge! I wonder how they are gonna pull that off. Also, I'm worried about general stuff, like the big/major scenes in the book. I just want them to be right. I want the whole impact of when Edward leaves Bella and when she decides to go cliff diving. And espically Jacob! I know that Taylor Lautner can pull it off, no problem. I just want to be able to see Bella and Jake's relationship grow throughout the movie. And Italy...Italy will be awesome without a doubt. Hopefully. I'm keeping my finger crossed!

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

:) sweet, they actually approved my request! Haha, well anyway, yes I agree with you guys. I wasn't too happy with how they showed the many characteristics and abilities of vampires. (Special effects and what have you) so I really hope they beef things up!

Also, my concern with the casting of Jane and Alec have me worried...I wonder who they'll cast! No one too old or too young, though. :(
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
twi-nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twi-nerd »

I kind of am. I know it will still be huge, but I'm worried about the cast they'll pick and how they'll try to bring up Edward more without screwing up the story plot.
My favorite band Pierce the Veil. I LOVE VIC FUENTES!! Thank you so much Chloe for the banner.
FrenchGirl
Wandering Through Town

Post by FrenchGirl »

I really want good Italy scenes. The end of New Moon, from Alice's returning, is my favorite part of all the books. I want the shock of the announce of Edward's decision to go to Italy, the stress when Bella runs through the plaza, the relief when she eventually sees him, the suspense/fear with the Volturi and the "marry me first" of Edward.

I also don't want more Edward. All the intensity of Bella's distress is on the fact that he is not here anymore. The audience needs to feel her emptiness for him. And when we finally see him for the first time since his departure, it would be a thousand time more intense if we don't have seen him throughout the movie.

But I'm not so worried. I don't know why but I trust Chris Weitz. Maybe it's because I liked "About a boy".
"I coveted you." His smile darkened. "I had no right to want you -- but I reached out and took you anyway. And now look what's become of you ! Trying to seduce a vampire."
Edward, Eclipse, p.454-455
olpatlanta
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: In the inappropriate Robert Pattinson comments support group meeting.

Post by olpatlanta »

Even though I love me so Robert Pattinson. I also hope they don't put more Edward scenes in NM just b/c Rob is so popular right now.
I also hope the do a better job with the Vampire's make up. It was very distracting to me in Twilight. It really bothered me how bad it was and that they also did not keep it consistent. Alright there's my 2 cents. ;)
Alice's Party Planning Committee:World Class Chef
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

My biggest concerns are ..

1. Bad CGI for the wolves
2. More Edward scenes that don't belong.
3. Less Jacob scenes.
4. Bad cheesy dialogue and uncomfortable silences (like in Twilight)
5. Added scenes that isn't needed and cutting scenes from the book that is needed!
lilmisstrouble
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Isle of Esme. Between feathers and broken headboards.

Post by lilmisstrouble »

olpatlanta wrote:Even though I love me so Robert Pattinson. I also hope they don't put more Edward scenes in NM just b/c Rob is so popular right now.
I also hope the do a better job with the Vampire's make up. It was very distracting to me in Twilight. It really bothered me how bad it was and that they also did not keep it consistent. Alright there's my 2 cents. ;)
Oh, I completely agree! They should fire that makeup artist - no offense, buddy, whoever you are out there - it was really, REALLY embarrassing.

Also, something I hope they kick up a notch or two for New Moon is the special effects department. I understand they had a low budget for Twilight, but I hope they can afford better resources to create the vampire running scenes. I thought those were a tad bit cheesy. We have A LOT of action on New Moon: motorcycles, cliff diving, underwater sequences, werewolves in metamorphosis, speeding yellow Porsches, to name a few, so I hope they splurge for said scenes. I would hate to see some tacky looking werewolf and vampires with cheap, cakey foundation.

I also hope to see a scarier, more menacing Jasper, no more of that constipation gaze. I know he can pull it off!

Also worried: that the movie won't be long enough. Please Summit, for the billionth time: give me a 3 hour long movie! Or longer!
"Does my being half-naked bother you?"
Yes, please take the other half off. xoxo

http://www.whatwouldedwardcullendo.blogspot.com
olpatlanta
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: In the inappropriate Robert Pattinson comments support group meeting.

Post by olpatlanta »

lilmisstrouble wrote:
Also, something I hope they kick up a notch or two for New Moon is the special effects department. I understand they had a low budget for Twilight, but I hope they can afford better resources to create the vampire running scenes. I thought those were a tad bit cheesy. We have A LOT of action on New Moon: motorcycles, cliff diving, underwater sequences, werewolves in metamorphosis, speeding yellow Porsches, to name a few, so I hope they splurge for said scenes. I would hate to see some tacky looking werewolf and vampires with cheap, cakey foundation.

I also hope to see a scarier, more menacing Jasper, no more of that constipation gaze. I know he can pull it off!

Also worried: that the movie won't be long enough. Please Summit, for the billionth time: give me a 3 hour long movie! Or longer!
I agree about the special effects. I really hope they don't turn out as cheesy as some of the stuff in Twilight. And I hope that make NM longer than Twilight. I really felt like Twilight could have used another hour.
Alice's Party Planning Committee:World Class Chef