Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Re: Worried about the New Moon movie?

Post by navarre »

who_needs_fangs? wrote:The movie would have been SO much better off if they had dropped the extra human scenes and that useless greenhouse scene, and spent that time with Bella and Edward having lunch together. There was no progression of the romance. They were barely acquaintances, and she suddenly feels she's in love with him and tells him he's a vampire in the woods for no reason? And why not let Jacob tell her the vampire story, how will that work out in New Moon? In the book, the only reason she doesn't remember about the wolves is because the vampire story overshadows it. In the movie, there's nothing to overshadow the wolf story, because that's the only story he told, then they felt the need to have Angela get chased by something slimy resembling an eel on a stick. Why was Bella suddenly into woman's lib? She tells Angela to be a strong, independent woman, but was has she done to show herself to be self-sufficient? They took out her maternal instincts, which would make Breaking Dawn make sense. She didn't even remember the pepper spray on the one occasion it could have been useful.

I hope that New Moon puts the focus where it belongs and prioritizes what's important to the movie.

Excuse the rant brought on by lack of sleep.
Bingo!!

And bodysnatcher - I agree!! To me CH & MR are one-dimensional in their interpretation of Twilight.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
BaylorBear12
Wandering Through Town

Post by BaylorBear12 »

Yeah...I guess they were trying to find a way for Bella and Edward to be alone (with the exception of Carlisle) for the part where he has to suck the venom out. So that's probably why they sent Alice to "help the guys out". Though I wonder, where was Rosalie for this?
Rosalie and Esme were back in Forks protecting Charlie from Victoria. I really think that they sent out Alice so that there was less of a risk. Carlise knew that Edward had the strength to suck the venom out because he loves her so much, and yes, while Alice loves her too, I think that it was still to risky for her to be around. Although why in the movie does Alice smell the blood on her hands. I thought that it was very unnecessary.
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

It was on the Lexicon Blog that I saw that poll for Alec. They had Lucas Grabeel(HSM), Freddie Highmore, Tom Felton(HP) and one other guy.

Now that I looked at the site again, I think Freddie Highmore would do, because seriously, that guy is freaky looking! IDK, to each her own.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
BaylorBear12
Wandering Through Town

Post by BaylorBear12 »

But vampires are supposed to be vary pretty. That is the way that they get to their pray. I don't think that Freddie Highmore is handsome or sexy (whichever) enough. I think that Alec does need to be freaky but also very.....well seductive too.
kimmyBEE
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by kimmyBEE »

I'm worried that the whole Italy section of the film is going to be rushed too. (Like in Twilight they left out a lot of detail with Bella's escape from Alice and Jasper.) If everything in Italy goes by that quickly I'll be so bummed! Also I agree with FrenchGirl about Edward's amount of time on screen. If they show him moping around, it'll take away all the suspense and mystery about why he left Bella.
Alice's Party Planning Committee: Bag Carrier
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by RussetRose♥ »

I hope that they don't rush the Italy as well. The whole scene will be like a blur, espically when Bella runs through the square to find Edward by the clock tower. SM puts a lot of detail into that part of the book, mainly what Bella sees and hears as she runs through the city. I want to be able to understand what is happening...Not for it to be a blur.

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
thewall28304
Settled in Forks

Post by thewall28304 »

It's too early for me to say whether I'm worried about the New Moon adaptation yet,but I am concerned if the Italy scenes are rushed through. For the first hour of the film,there has to be enough time devoted to Bella's depression and her growing relationship with Jacob. So I think we'll probably see the moments where she can hear Edward's voice telling her how dangerous her new hobbies are-cliff diving and motorcycle riding,for example. The second hour should focus on everything from Alice's return to Bella's decision to rescue Edward and the confrontation with the Volturi. The Volturi sequence will probably last as long onscreen as the ballet studio scene did in the first film. So most of the conversation with Aro will be trimmed down considerably. I'm looking forward to seeing New Moon,it's going to be darker than the first,but so was the novel. So it should be an intersting movie and I'll probably see it as many times as I did Twilight.
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

I'm worried about the Jane part! >= [
It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.
kimmyBEE
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by kimmyBEE »

Oh, I'm worried about Jane too!
If Edward's "pain" is anything like it was when Bella walked in the Biology room...
Ugh. No, just no.
Alice's Party Planning Committee: Bag Carrier
slightly_torn_page
Settled in Forks

Post by slightly_torn_page »

As well as being worried about EVERYTHING, I also worry about stupid lines, like "hold on tight spidermonkey." Sorry, I don't see an early 20th century gentleman saying that to his soulmate. Or to anyone actually.