Worried about the New Moon movie?

Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
lilmisstrouble
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Isle of Esme. Between feathers and broken headboards.

Re: Worried about the New Moon movie?

Post by lilmisstrouble »

slightly_torn_page wrote:As well as being worried about EVERYTHING, I also worry about stupid lines, like "hold on tight spidermonkey." Sorry, I don't see an early 20th century gentleman saying that to his soulmate. Or to anyone actually.
lol that's so funny!
Gotta admit though: the "google it" addition was priceless, though :D
"Does my being half-naked bother you?"
Yes, please take the other half off. xoxo

http://www.whatwouldedwardcullendo.blogspot.com
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

I've said this before but I'm really worried about them rushing the plot. Like how they jumped from climbing trees to cleaning Bella's car and then suddenly Edward blurts out that he's going to take her to meet his parents. Its like, slow down, tiger!
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
love_is_noise
Drag Racing With Alice and Edward

Post by love_is_noise »

i know whatyou mean

i loved chris's interpritation of 'the golden compass/the northern lights' but it wasNOTHING like the book-he turned a 'for older readers' book into a childrens fantasy fiction and i hope he doesn't do the same for new moon. don't get me wrong i loved the movie but it was not the film of the book.

i felt let down by twilight-it was soo different from thebooks and they left out soo much that will be hard for later films/chris to relate back to thingsin twilight that never happened in the film ---do you get what i mean?

and also i didn't feel like bella and edward would die for eachother in twilight so it will be hard to do the whole 'i left because i thought it would be safer for you' and the 'edward trying to kill himself when he thinks bella is dead'
do u get what i mean?!

yh so i'm glad they've got a new director and am looking foward to it, but there is soo much more for them to 'miss out' in new moon and i am really worried that they will.
Jasper's Army:Captain RuneheartThe Plan:Supreme LeaderTeam Rose
Volturi::Anastasia Team Leah::Therapist Team Esme::Interior Designer
keds723

Post by keds723 »

I mostly agree with everyone actually, go figure!

I am most worried about the awkwardness and the laughable special effects in this movie. I'm sure there will be nothing to complain about because I was satisfied with Twilight and I still watch it even though I don't like everything. But, I think a lot of my worries have to do with the acting. I loved KS and RP together, but honestly, with other characters, my love for them lessened. A lot of the small role actors seemed to make the scene awkward most of the time, and I couldn't help but laughing (especially at the part where Bella meets Eric for the first time. HA!) But I think the sophomore film for them will be a step up, since they've gained some experience, and have had time to further develop their characters.

I think this had partly to do with the way the script was written. I read through it and a lot of the lines weren't very natural. Sure, they did a good job of staying pretty true to the book, but the scene with Charlie and Bella in the hospital where she talks about calling her mom made me cringe. I thought "hey...she messed up," but alas I was wrong because the awkward line was in the writing. Hopefully there will be less of these in NM.

I am also worried about Taylor playing such a big role. I think he looks perfect and he seems like a good actor, but I just found his parts awkward in Twilight, that I hope he can fill the shoes of such a large role in NM. I hope since he's been trying hard to look the part, that he's going to commit the same amount of time and work to the acting!

I am also worried about the special effects in this movie. The "sparkling" (was that what that was?!) was sort of lame as well as the strange running, but I hope that Chris Weitz will help with that. I know he did American Pie, but he also did The Golden Compass, and I thought the special effects were great and I thought it stayed pretty close to the main plot of the book. Some may disagree, but I loved it, so hopefully he'll bring a lot to NM!

They better not skimp on the Italy scenes. I will be mad. And I will leave. They also better do the cliff scene well. I love that scene (and for anyone who wants to read along with that scene to music, I suggest "Vertigo" by Jump, Little Children, off topic :D ) and I have some expectation as to what I want....

I can't wait. :)
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

love_is_noise wrote:i know whatyou mean

i loved chris's interpritation of 'the golden compass/the northern lights' but it wasNOTHING like the book-he turned a 'for older readers' book into a childrens fantasy fiction and i hope he doesn't do the same for new moon. don't get me wrong i loved the movie but it was not the film of the book.

i felt let down by twilight-it was soo different from thebooks and they left out soo much that will be hard for later films/chris to relate back to thingsin twilight that never happened in the film ---do you get what i mean?

and also i didn't feel like bella and edward would die for eachother in twilight so it will be hard to do the whole 'i left because i thought it would be safer for you' and the 'edward trying to kill himself when he thinks bella is dead'
do u get what i mean?!

yh so i'm glad they've got a new director and am looking foward to it, but there is soo much more for them to 'miss out' in new moon and i am really worried that they will.
Well as I've stated before in other posts and threads, we have to remember that they still have that idiot Rosenberg writing the screenplay and if it is anything like that disgusting display that was Twilight, we may not have what we are looking for in NM.

I would like to believe that if Rosenberg turned in another dumb script, CW will look at it and say I DON'T THINK SO!! YOU'RE FIRED!!!!! :twisted:
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Krow515
Settled in Forks

Post by Krow515 »

A legitimate worry that I have about the NM movie is the short amount of time they have to pull this together. Of the entire series, NM is the most intense and it would be a disservice to the fans to have stuff missing from the movie because they want to hurry up and release it. Granted, the next movie will probably be as much of a cash cow as the first, if not, more than. Just think about how many people decided to pick up these books after the success of the movie. I know this is horrible to say, but just think about the pulling power of the male roles in pulling girls/women into the theaters multiple times. I know I'll most likely see it more than once because I loved the book and well, Robert and Taylor are hotties!

I don't want Summit to skimp; I want to feel the distress and pain that Bella goes through when Edward leaves. That intensity plays a big role, and come on, who wasn't ardently turning pages anxiously awaiting Bella and Edward's reunion?! Also the pain that those around her go through; the viewers should be able to infer Edward's pain in all of this but a little embellishment never hurt anybody, right?

Oh there's just so much! I've got a lot of faith that it will turn out to be a great movie 8-)
lilmisstrouble
Location: Isle of Esme. Between feathers and broken headboards.

Post by lilmisstrouble »

Hmmm my worries lay mostly on the screenplay/script and the EDITING. In Twilight, I'm sure a lot of the scenes were longer, and thus explaining to the audience the story a little bit better, but were cut (we won't know for sure until the dvd comes out with the extended/cut scenes, but anyway).

So yeah, cramming the story of Twilight into 2 hours was a challenge, but they decided to edit and change pivotal moments that I still can't quite get over.

The meadow being the biggest example.
The meadow is one of the most crucial moments of the entire Twilight series because THAT IS HOW IT ALL BEGAN. It was Stephenie Meyer's dream, it was the alpha of Twilight. So they - and when I say they, I mean screenwriter, director, cutting room etc - should've kept that scene as true to the book as possible, if for not anything else, out of respect to the author. It kills me to see how they transformed that important chapter into a 15 second joke with bad score music in the background. I'm sorry.

So yeah, I'm worried that the people involved in New Moon still think they did an awesome job in Twilight and not take a good critical look at it and improve it. Maybe there's something about the movie (like a point, perhaps?) that I'm missing and I'm completely wrong to think that it was below mediocre.
I just think it's only fair that the fans and audience in general who go watch New Moon in the theaters, and are above the age of 12, are able to enjoy the film.
"Does my being half-naked bother you?"
Yes, please take the other half off. xoxo

http://www.whatwouldedwardcullendo.blogspot.com
Velvet Voice

Post by Velvet Voice »

I guess my worries are more or less those of all of you, one of the biggest is of course hoping to see a movie as close as possible to the book, which I adore, but I'm well aware of how hard it is putting so many details in a 2 hour movie *sighs* maybe 10 hours would be enough, and I'm quite sure I wouldnt even complain about sitting there for so long :-P (if the movie were worth it of course)

One of my other worries is that this new director "abuses" of special effects, I don't know him at all, I've only read he's really good at them, which is good news, we know that the "warewolves arrival" will need special effects, but one of the things I've loved about Twilight-movie was the not-so-many special effects, which made it more real, more "human" and - as far as possibile - more focused on their story. So I really hope the story, the feelings, the emotions will still be the core of the movie
*...Edward whispering Romeo's lines in my ear - his irresistible,
velvet voice...*

The Gen-Y rocks my Twilight socks
keds723

Post by keds723 »

navarre wrote: Well as I've stated before in other posts and threads, we have to remember that they still have that idiot Rosenberg writing the screenplay and if it is anything like that disgusting display that was Twilight, we may not have what we are looking for in NM.

I would like to believe that if Rosenberg turned in another dumb script, CW will look at it and say I DON'T THINK SO!! YOU'RE FIRED!!!!! :twisted:
I don't think I'm as passionate as you are about Rosenberg, but I do know that SM is going to be more involved in this script...I think she said on her website that she definitely wanted to be more involved with New Moon (maybe because of some of the scenes in twilight). Let's hope that her influence will allow the movie to live up to our expectations!
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

keds723 wrote:
navarre wrote: Well as I've stated before in other posts and threads, we have to remember that they still have that idiot Rosenberg writing the screenplay and if it is anything like that disgusting display that was Twilight, we may not have what we are looking for in NM.

I don't think I'm as passionate as you are about Rosenberg, but I do know that SM is going to be more involved in this script...I think she said on her website that she definitely wanted to be more involved with New Moon (maybe because of some of the scenes in twilight). Let's hope that her influence will allow the movie to live up to our expectations!
Agreed!!
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict