Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
got2bkidding
Settled in Forks

Re: Worried about the New Moon movie?

Post by got2bkidding »

I also think that cold kiss was after the birthday party. It took me a couple of times of watching the trailer and then I realized, it is dark, he looks miserable and upset, she looks like she is trying to pull him out of himself. They were driving Bella's truck. I definately think it is after the party....
xxxDarkMoonxxx
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by xxxDarkMoonxxx »

I acutally thought the trailer was really good. The lighting was really rich and warm, the costumes, makeup, hair, and contacts were superb and i thought the special effects were 100 times better then in Twilight. As the cold kiss people are mentioning, i think it is after the party. However, i'm not going to dissect the trailer into little bitey pieces. It's a trailer which means we don't know when certain things take place and which scenes were spliced together. The trailer was fabulous and seeing the wolf shot shivers down my spine.

Thanks Chris!
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

For once, I'm not worried at all. I saw the trailer and I am SO impressed with this director. The effects were awesome! I wans't expecting to actually SEE Jake change inyo a wolf. HUBA HUBA

-DR
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
Jesssy
Settled in Forks

Post by Jesssy »

I'm not really worried I just hope they dont miss out all the nice scenes like in twilight i was so sad when i watched it and seen they left out the blood typing chapter and some of the lovey dovey scenes because thats what makes us girls so addicted to twilight!!!

I hope they get the end right...how she wakes up with edward there with her and then they go off and have the vote and come back and he asks her to marry him...i hope they capture all that because after all the depression in the book it was so nice to have a lovely ending where they talked about there feelings and everything!!!

anyways im so excited! i really cant wait i think i will be happy however it turns out...i love it!! :D
spicey16
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by spicey16 »

well I loved it the first time.. but now im already worried..
In the clip it appeared that bella was running from laurent right out side of billys house (**not possible**) but it could be a trick and different sences cut together...
also, jacob was not what i imagined in wolf form.. too small not russet enough and not muscular enough (for some reason i dreamed them with horse like muscles but still thick fur..
Sannois
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Sannois »

Jesssy wrote:I'm not really worried I just hope they dont miss out all the nice scenes like in twilight i was so sad when i watched it and seen they left out the blood typing chapter and some of the lovey dovey scenes because thats what makes us girls so addicted to twilight!!!

I hope they get the end right...how she wakes up with edward there with her and then they go off and have the vote and come back and he asks her to marry him...i hope they capture all that because after all the depression in the book it was so nice to have a lovely ending where they talked about there feelings and everything!!!

anyways im so excited! i really cant wait i think i will be happy however it turns out...i love it!! :D
I agree But I fear they wont go into the detail that we all want. They cant in the alotted time.
But I do hope they show how much more affection they had for each other, I want to see KS pull off this bit of acting,
Personally I thought she was pretty luke warm in Twilight. She always looked unsure of herself. The part in New Moon will be much more demanding, Especially all the pain she was experiencing. We shall see. ;)
Every time I hear thunder, I wonder if Vampires are playing baseball. Alice is my personal shopper
RPattzFanNJ
Settled in Forks

Post by RPattzFanNJ »

I'm not worried about the New Moon movie. Most movies don't live up to fantastic books. Twilight was one of them-fantastic book, but only a good movie. Standing alone, the movie was fantastic. But having the comparision of an even more fantastic book, it pales in comparision. Yet oddly, the it's the best good, but not great, movie that I've watched many, many times. I'm curious to see in New Moon:
-the birthday party
-the search for Bella in the forest
-the cliff diving
-how Edward's voice is done
-that Jacob is in the movie as much as in the book
-that Edward is only a voice, and doesn't show up until 3/4 of the way into the movie, as he only shows up until 3/4 of the way in the book
-that the pace of the movie follows the pace of the book
-how Bella sees Edward for the first time in Italy
-how Bella and Edward come home
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

spicey16 wrote:well I loved it the first time.. but now im already worried..
In the clip it appeared that bella was running from laurent right out side of billys house (**not possible**) but it could be a trick and different sences cut together...
also, jacob was not what i imagined in wolf form.. too small not russet enough and not muscular enough (for some reason i dreamed them with horse like muscles but still thick fur..
The clip with Bella running is at least 2 scenes. If you look closely she has different clothes on & one with backpack the other she doesn't.

For me the wolf looks good. We can't tell from that one clip how big he is, there's nothing to judge it against. Plus this is just an early take on it. I was surprised they would have the wolf done & ready already. There's still a few months for them to get it right.
Sannois wrote:
Jesssy wrote:I'm not really worried I just hope they dont miss out all the nice scenes like in twilight i was so sad when i watched it and seen they left out the blood typing chapter and some of the lovey dovey scenes because thats what makes us girls so addicted to twilight!!!

I agree But I fear they wont go into the detail that we all want. They cant in the alotted time.
But I do hope they show how much more affection they had for each other, I want to see KS pull off this bit of acting,
Personally I thought she was pretty luke warm in Twilight. She always looked unsure of herself. The part in New Moon will be much more demanding, Especially all the pain she was experiencing. We shall see. ;)
I agree with you on everything, why can't it be 3 hours?!?!?! And I hope Kristen steps it up for NM, we need to feel & see Bella's pain.
RPattzFanNJ wrote:I'm not worried about the New Moon movie. Most movies don't live up to fantastic books. Twilight was one of them-fantastic book, but only a good movie. Standing alone, the movie was fantastic. But having the comparision of an even more fantastic book, it pales in comparision. Yet oddly, the it's the best good, but not great, movie that I've watched many, many times. I'm curious to see in New Moon:
-the birthday party
-the search for Bella in the forest
-the cliff diving
-how Edward's voice is done
-that Jacob is in the movie as much as in the book
-that Edward is only a voice, and doesn't show up until 3/4 of the way into the movie, as he only shows up until 3/4 of the way in the book
-that the pace of the movie follows the pace of the book
-how Bella sees Edward for the first time in Italy
-how Bella and Edward come home
I agree with your list & am very curious. But when it comes to Edward's voice from things I've seen online it sounds like they're going to have him appear as an appiration, that she won't just hear his voice. When I first heard this I wasn't too sure how I felt about it. But I'm going to wait & see how they do it & how it comes together in the final product.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
twi-nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twi-nerd »

I really don't understand a scene...
Im sure everyone has seen sneek peaks of the italy scene ...
Can someone please explain to me why Edward is out in the sun. He only took one step and then Bella caught him in the book. Can someone please help?!

Im so confused... Wahh!
My favorite band Pierce the Veil. I LOVE VIC FUENTES!! Thank you so much Chloe for the banner.
roo-roo91
Taking Nature Lessons from Jacob

Post by roo-roo91 »

twi-nerd wrote:I really don't understand a scene...
Im sure everyone has seen sneek peaks of the italy scene ...
Can someone please explain to me why Edward is out in the sun. He only took one step and then Bella caught him in the book. Can someone please help?!

Im so confused... Wahh!
maybe it's for dramatic effect?
:?
Gamzee is best troll; Dr.Facilier is best Disney villain, Dimitri is best Cooper gang member. They all are associated with purple. That is awesome.