Worried about the New Moon movie?

Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules

Re: Worried about the New Moon movie?

Postby Dovrebanen » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:31 am

lilmisstrouble wrote:I think Catherine Hardwicke is a great director and she did give her very best and put her soul into Twilight. But there's a part of me who secretly wishes Chris Weitz would take Twilight and redo it, just for sh*ts and giggles. Hardwicke is great, but I personally think her style is for indie movies rather than blockbuster franchises. Sure, it gave the first installment personality, but we are talking about a major book series here. I can't picture an indie Harry Potter movie. And I think Twilight is pretty much on the same level.

I haven't really seen any of Catherine's movies. And I'm sorry, but I don't think I will in the future either. She is just too "far out" for me, with all her "coool", "yeah"...If I had known more about her before, I might have seen that she is good director, but now my opinion of her is just so colored with Twilight. I don't hate the movie, at all. It's okay. But nothing more. And it has some serious disappointments. So in my opinion, CH was all wrong for Twilight. It was, like you say, just not her thing. She brought to many of her own visions to the movie.
So I am so happy that Chris Weitz is doing this.

Alison wrote:I honestly think my only complaint is that they are making Bella (Kristen) look a little too pretty already. They stepped up her makeup, probably due to the budget increase. However, (at least in my opinion) they should hold out for once she is changed, so that the before and after is a great difference. That's minor, too, but I think we all are picking apart that trailer for every minute detail. =P

That's the only way will survive until november. We have to pick this trailer apart and discuss every single detail :lol:
I personally think Bella looks alright. At least she's not too pretty in the forest. She looks natural. At the party she has a lot of makeup on, but it was a party. And they probably imagined Alice dressing Bella up and doing her makeup for the party.
Image
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
User avatar
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire
 
Posts: 1890
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:40 pm
Location: Norway.

Re: Worried about the New Moon movie?

Postby elizabella » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:31 pm

I think Kristen will be able to be made more beautiful. After all it will probably be in two years or so so she'll mature more and there was a picture of her somewhere on this board and she really looked beautiful.

Not trying to rush ahead here but what do we know of David Slade's movies? Will he continue in the top quality CW vein or go back to the nightmarish CH versions.

I finally got my mom hooked on twilight and she loved the film when I made her sit through it 3 times but now that she's almost done with the book she's getting as frustrated as we all are. I just keep thinking at least the movie started the franchise and brought me to Twilight and for that I will forever be grateful. Yes there are problems, but I just need to view one as the book and one as a movie and they are really not related.
Image

Alice's Party Planning Committe: (*bag carrier*)
Team Alice- Because sometimes it is better to be small.
User avatar
elizabella
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:12 pm
Location: In our cottage, discussing the latest fashion trends with Alice.

Re: Worried about the New Moon movie?

Postby rjupiter » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:13 pm

elizabella wrote:Not trying to rush ahead here but what do we know of David Slade's movies? Will he continue in the top quality CW vein or go back to the nightmarish CH versions.



you might want to look at what I posted for others about DS comments about Twilight, they were not flattering. He has done some stuff but like CH is still relatively new. He best or most notable work so far has been the graphic novel adaptation of 30 Days of Night , yes a vamp flick. But according to him that was a "real vampire" movie and Twilight is not. He is also slated to work on an adaption of the novel Cold Skin and also the book by Neil Gaiman called Neverwhere All of these movies are very dark and would put DS in the horror genre for a director. This might be a good or very bad thing depending on if he can balance that in Eclipse, the building of Bella's fears, the interpersonal stuff, and the last blast action at the end.
rjupiter
Learning to Love Green
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:12 pm

Re: Worried about the New Moon movie?

Postby elizabella » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:28 pm

Rjupiter, I actually have read your comments about DS and I was wondering if that was before he emailed the lex?
http://www.twilightlexicon.com/2009/05/05/david-slade-addresses-the-eclipse-concerns/

However, despite that, I guess we need to start a new thread right away for Worried about the Eclipse movie because even though Eclipse is very dark it also has some of the most romantic scenes and some of my favorites
For instance: THE BED....do I need to say anything else?
The proposal acceptance
The Queleute(sp) legends
Jacob's kiss
Image

Alice's Party Planning Committe: (*bag carrier*)
Team Alice- Because sometimes it is better to be small.
User avatar
elizabella
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:12 pm
Location: In our cottage, discussing the latest fashion trends with Alice.

Re: Worried about the New Moon movie?

Postby rjupiter » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:35 pm

elizabella wrote:Rjupiter, I actually have read your comments about DS and I was wondering if that was before he emailed the lex?
http://www.twilightlexicon.com/2009/05/05/david-slade-addresses-the-eclipse-concerns/

However, despite that, I guess we need to start a new thread right away for Worried about the Eclipse movie because even though Eclipse is very dark it also has some of the most romantic scenes and some of my favorites
For instance: THE BED....do I need to say anything else?
The proposal acceptance
The Queleute(sp) legends
Jacob's kiss


ok, and yes I know the scenes, :) I would like to see them as well. David Slade has an interesting take on things, definitely more edgy and dark. Take for example his movie Hard Candy which does deal with the younger / older dynamic in a pretty ballsy way. Check the summary on IMDB. I have mixed feelings about him directing. On the one hand think it will be great, it will have it own look, feel and I am sure the action/intense scene will be freakin great, however like you I worry about the sensitive stuff.
rjupiter
Learning to Love Green
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:12 pm

Re: Worried about the New Moon movie?

Postby switzgal » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:20 pm

I haven't seen any David Slade movies and reading the comments make me worry. Eclipse is my favorite book of the series and it's really emotional. The end scene with Jacob and Bella makes me cry every time I read it and I hope he captures this because it'll break my heart if he doesn't do it justice. That scene and the tent scene between Jacob and Edward better be PERFECT!!!!
User avatar
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion
 
Posts: 2095
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:59 pm

Re: Worried about the New Moon movie?

Postby twilightbelle<3 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:45 pm

After seeing the preview, I'm not worried at all.
However, the fact that they are switching directors AGAIN, worries me. Unless David Slade kind of sticks to Chris Weitz's style, it's going to be like three different movies! :|
Image
ImageImage
E<3B
User avatar
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands
 
Posts: 1271
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:48 am
Location: LONDON. :D

Re: Worried about the New Moon movie?

Postby despoina92 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:48 am

I'm almost terrified that David Slade will direct "Eclipse". For me, this book is the most complicated of all and it is too emotional. I felt almost depressed while reading it because of all those things that happened between Bella, Edward and Jacob. I think that chosing Slade as a director means that they are going to give more credit to action scenes, like the fight and the preparations with wolves and vampires. "Eclipse" is my favorite and I really hope that it is going to be a great movie. I haven't seen a Slade's movie yet, but as far as I know he does mostly thrillers with captivating action scenes. How will he bring all that emotion from the book to the movie? :( Well, in the end it might turn out something good, but I am not really convinced about that.
Image
User avatar
despoina92
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
 
Posts: 382
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 5:19 pm

Re: Worried about the New Moon movie?

Postby rjupiter » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:32 pm

elizabella wrote:However, despite that, I guess we need to start a new thread right away for Worried about the Eclipse movie


yes that would be good, especially considering the casting news I have been reading, that has me worried alone. Anyone know how to ask for a new thread?
rjupiter
Learning to Love Green
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:12 pm

Re: Worried about the New Moon movie?

Postby dopeydm » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:13 pm

I am a little worried about "The End" in the movie....The trailer does not have the phrase that resonates throughout the book. "It will be as if I never existed." I sooo want that line. But it appears that it isn't in the movie :'( or not in the part of the scene that they showed.
"But you see, just because we've been...dealt a certain hand...it doesn't mean that we can't choose to rise above -- to conquer the boundaries of a destiny that none of us wanted."
dopeydm
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
 
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:03 pm

PreviousNext

Return to The New Moon Movie

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron