Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
addictedbooklover
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: New Moon Movie Take 4...and a half

Post by addictedbooklover »

akire wrote:I'm super-excited for NM, but quite honestly, I'm worried about my own reaction to Taylor playing Jake. Not that he can't do it, I'm just worried he won't be the Jacob of my dreams. Haha, no pressure there....
I'm not a big fan of Taylor as Jacob, he just isn't right.
Taylor isn't the one I'm worried about, it's Chris Weitz. It would be horrible if he spoiled our New Moon!

Team Jacethper! (Jacob, Seth and Jasper) Now, to fit Leah in there...

Thanks Cocoa for the banner :D

Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Jadey wrote:Do you think we'll get less info when they're filming in Italy?
Because there ain't heaps of fans running around following them...

..and they're filming in Italy in May.. and I cannot live without New Moon info.

Ofcourse ET will have news etc.

:cry:
I actually have to remind myself that I have a job to attend to, to stop me from taking a flight to Italy :D It's not far from Norway, and it would have been so cool just to see the area. And Italy would be just lovely in May...But no, have to stay here :(

I think Taylor is going to do a good job. Just a long as he got rid of that nasty wig from Twilight... Didn't see much of him in Twilight, but for me, I think he will do a good Jacob.
As for CW; I'm hopeful, but prepared for disappointment. I don't think it will be ruined like Twilight anyway.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

Yeh, I have so much faith in Chris.

All this new moon set/scene secrecy is killing me

With Twilight, they had a lot of interviews out.
But with NM, the only people who have done interviews on set is ET.

The lack of it is making me crazy.

But I guess they want to make the movie the best it can be, and build up the hype.

I keep looking at my calendar and getting depressed because its only April.
:l
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
Jen_Cullen_31343
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Jen_Cullen_31343 »

I'm really hoping that they are keeping everything under wraps like they are because they are doing New Moon right and its going to be way better than Twilight. They want to surprise us.

hahahaha Wishful thinking I know...
TEAM EDWARD!

BECAUSE JACOB DOESN'T SPARKLE =]
mandyb7
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by mandyb7 »

who_needs_fangs? wrote:
twilight1909 wrote:^ Well of course, Starbucks is the best! I've never heard of that other place though.
Tim Hortons is a Canadian institution. It's an awesome franchise that sells coffee and pastries and the like. And it's way better than Starbucks.
AMEN! sometimes I go to Starbucks and ask for what I usually get at Tim Hortons, a half hot chocolate half coffee, and the don't know what the hell I'm talking about! I try to explain that it's half a cup filled with hot chocolate and the rest of the cup filled with black coffee but they have no idea how to do that.
speaking of that, everyone must try a medium or large half hot chocolate half coffee from Timmies, it's the best! but not a small, it doesn't taste as good.
Dovrebanen wrote: I think Taylor is going to do a good job. Just a long as he got rid of that nasty wig from Twilight... Didn't see much of him in Twilight, but for me, I think he will do a good Jacob.
As for CW; I'm hopeful, but prepared for disappointment. I don't think it will be ruined like Twilight anyway.
I agree, Taylor actually makes me like Jacob, I do not like the Jacob in the books but I really like the movie Jacob.

and I am hopeful too, and excited. I don't think they could mess up New Moon as much as they did to Twilight, although I would have thought Twilight would have been harder to change, the sequence of events in New Moon are much more simple and flow easier I find. I have this weird feeling inside that New Moon is going to be amazing and will not disappoint, but you never know.
Team Alice- Seeing the future since 1901
WA Addict
Davnee
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Davnee »

God this stupid wig thing is so annoying. You know I couldn't care less if Taylor shows up on the set completely bald. I'm happy he's the one in this role and I don't care what his stupid hair looks like. I just want the movie to be successful and true to the tale.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Jadey wrote:Yeh, I have so much faith in Chris.

All this new moon set/scene secrecy is killing me

With Twilight, they had a lot of interviews out.
But with NM, the only people who have done interviews on set is ET.

The lack of it is making me crazy.

But I guess they want to make the movie the best it can be, and build up the hype.

I keep looking at my calendar and getting depressed because its only April.
:l
I knowwwww!!!!!!!!! What happened to Twilight Tuesdays? All of the fun clips and scene releases? They're gone with the media! :evil:
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

mandyb7 wrote:
who_needs_fangs? wrote:Tim Hortons is a Canadian institution. It's an awesome franchise that sells coffee and pastries and the like. And it's way better than Starbucks.
AMEN! sometimes I go to Starbucks and ask for what I usually get at Tim Hortons, a half hot chocolate half coffee, and the don't know what the hell I'm talking about! I try to explain that it's half a cup filled with hot chocolate and the rest of the cup filled with black coffee but they have no idea how to do that.
speaking of that, everyone must try a medium or large half hot chocolate half coffee from Timmies, it's the best! but not a small, it doesn't taste as good.
Why don't you try a Mocha Latte from Starbucks? It sounds like what you're describing. They're delicious. I can't try Tim Hortons, but I enjoy SBUX and DD. Man this is really off topic. What can I say, I love coffee drinks.
mandyb7 wrote: Taylor actually makes me like Jacob, I do not like the Jacob in the books but I really like the movie Jacob..
I agree. Well I've come around to him while re-reading the saga, but when I first saw the movie I was still Anti-Jacob. Taylor made me like him. I was a little resentful about that. ha. But I think he's great for the part. Much cuter than the Jacob I pictured in my head (minus the bushy hair)....though not nearly as tall.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

Dovrebanen wrote: I think Taylor is going to do a good job. Just a long as he got rid of that nasty wig from Twilight... Didn't see much of him in Twilight, but for me, I think he will do a good Jacob.

Ugh, yes, I hate that wig. I had a hard time concentrating on his acting & lines because I was like "wig's... gonna... fall... off... any... minute...OMG did it just move?" etc. But, from the NM set pics & clips of the interviews I've seen with ET it looks much better than it did in Twilight.

Davnee wrote:God this stupid wig thing is so annoying. You know I couldn't care less if Taylor shows up on the set completely bald. I'm happy he's the one in this role and I don't care what his stupid hair looks like. I just want the movie to be successful and true to the tale.

I TRY to look past the physical appearance & suspend disbelief for something like that. But, honestly, part of the fun of seeing a movie is, you know, SEEING it. Jacob's hair is important in NM. I want it to look good.

Image Image Image
Tabby
Settled in Forks

Post by Tabby »

Hi all I am new to the forums but just wanted to comment about New Moon. I am very excited to see it. I hope that this time around the effects are much better though. I loved twilight, but New Moon hopefully looks better. I am glad that all of the main actors are the same. I think that it spoils the movie when the actors keep changing. I am also excited to see what they do with the underwater scene when Bella jumps off the cliff! November can not come soon enough!