Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Re: New Moon Movie Take 4...and a half

Post by Jadey »

Dovrebanen wrote: I hate that she wouldn't marry him. Who wouldn't marry Edward Cullen???
Agreed. I know she was worrying about her age, and what her parents and everyone else would think..
..but then I thought if shes that in love with Edward, then I don't see why those things should matter.

I felt so bad for Eddie. I really want to know what he was thinking at that point.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Jadey, Dovrebanen, EdwardIsMine and all of you. I so love the discussion. While NM isn't my favorite book of the saga, it is such a pivotal storyline that you can't not understand it's importance.

So, I was watching the newest ET teaser for the features that start tonight (so excited, by the way!!) and I heard something that just made me....happy....and hopeful. Don't get me wrong. I am one who really likes Kristen as Bella. Some of her comments to the media made me wonder, but overall, I think she did a pretty good job. But, if you watch the latest ET teaser, she makes the comment, " She doesn't want the better option. She's holding out for the best." As I assume she is talking about not wanting to be with Jacob and waiting for Edward to regain his sanity, it just makes me smile. She gets it. She sees what we all do. Bella isn't being weak, she's heartbroken. But, somewhere deep down inside, even though she doesn't know it consciously, she knows Edward will come back. She gets it. Yay!!!
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
dopeydm
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dopeydm »

I have to agree with Jazz Girl. I like this type of conversation. I have to say the first time I read New Moon, I didn't get it. I kept trying to figure out if Edward was still near her and was really talking to her or if it was her imagination. The second time reading it, I fell in love with Jacob. I don't have a favorite in the series because I like each for their own reason. I am hoping that the emotion of the story comes out in the actors.
"But you see, just because we've been...dealt a certain hand...it doesn't mean that we can't choose to rise above -- to conquer the boundaries of a destiny that none of us wanted."
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Jazz Girl wrote:Jadey, Dovrebanen, EdwardIsMine and all of you. I so love the discussion. While NM isn't my favorite book of the saga, it is such a pivotal storyline that you can't not understand it's importance.

So, I was watching the newest ET teaser for the features that start tonight (so excited, by the way!!) and I heard something that just made me....happy....and hopeful. Don't get me wrong. I am one who really likes Kristen as Bella. Some of her comments to the media made me wonder, but overall, I think she did a pretty good job. But, if you watch the latest ET teaser, she makes the comment, " She doesn't want the better option. She's holding out for the best." As I assume she is talking about not wanting to be with Jacob and waiting for Edward to regain his sanity, it just makes me smile. She gets it. She sees what we all do. Bella isn't being weak, she's heartbroken. But, somewhere deep down inside, even though she doesn't know it consciously, she knows Edward will come back. She gets it. Yay!!!
Yay is right!! I'm glad to hear that from Kristen. I had a hard time with her in Twilight along with the movie itself, so this is good. Also, I read SM's post on her website and she seems to be really thrilled with the progress of New Moon. She stated that Rob, Kristen & Taylor were fantastic and that SM got teary eyed in some places, whic gives me hope that everyone "gets it"!!!!

I'm pretty hopeful for New Moon. So....YAY!!! :D
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

The only reason I think NM is my least favorite is because of the pain that Bella goes through. (I love all 4 books & have to choose a least favorite. :D ) But thinking about it more & also reading what SM put on her site about the story it made me understand more how important it is to the story and Bella and Edward's relationship and the fact they need to be together. I just hope that the movie is able to protray this properly. Especially when it comes to Edward telling Bella The Truth and proclaiming his love (there had better be at least a few "I love you" here or I'll be very unhappy.) And then also the Vote and the first proposal (love that chapter). So basically they need to protray the end propoerly as well and not cut a lot out from the book.

I'm glad to hear that SM is excited w/the progress & that she got teary eyed, because well I want to cry when Edward leaves. Every little thing just makes me excited for November.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

navarre wrote:
Jazz Girl wrote:Jadey, Dovrebanen, EdwardIsMine and all of you. I so love the discussion. While NM isn't my favorite book of the saga, it is such a pivotal storyline that you can't not understand it's importance.

Yay is right!! I'm glad to hear that from Kristen. I had a hard time with her in Twilight along with the movie itself, so this is good. Also, I read SM's post on her website and she seems to be really thrilled with the progress of New Moon. She stated that Rob, Kristen & Taylor were fantastic and that SM got teary eyed in some places, whic gives me hope that everyone "gets it"!!!!

I'm pretty hopeful for New Moon. So....YAY!!! :D
Jazz Girl, you made my day with that comment. She actually gets it! I have never seen a character more heartbroken than Bella in New Moon. I think it was strong of her even to get out of bed in the morning, and even more so to actually go and see Jacob. Just hope that this makes Kristen do an excellent job based on this. She is really going to have to carry a lot of this movie, since NM is so much Bella and her heartbreak. Jacob and Edward are main characters as well, but it is really all Bella's story in NM. Agreed, navarre, let's hope they all get it :)
And yes, pennybug, there has got to be a few "I love you" in this movie. I got the feeling that was pretty much what Edward had to say after they returned to Forks, since Bella just couldn't believe it. And there were no "I love you" in Twilight, so they should really make up for that. And I want the blasphemy quote by Edward as well.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
cullenclanfanman
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by cullenclanfanman »

ET’S EXCLUSIVE BEHIND-THE-SCENES NEW MOON INTERVIEWS! COMING OUT TONIGHT!

Yes cant wait! Here is the min long promo!

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/04/73055/index.html

make sure you tune into CBS tonight April 23rd to see it!
BellaNicole
Wandering Through Town

Post by BellaNicole »

So I just finished watching the exclusive interview on ET and OMG..I was soo exciting that I started crying!! They did show a few snippets of scenes. They showed the scene where Jacob tells Bella that he wants to be with her and Bella goes " Jake, please don't do this" and Jacob goes " Its because of him, isn't it?"

There's gonna be more on tomorrow..so don't forget to watch 2morrow!!

In all seriousness, I don't know how I'm gonna make it to November.
Alice's Party Planning Committe: Bag Carrier
nafereti
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Location: roll'n wit the turtles, run'n wit the wolves & Taylor's Left Pec

Post by nafereti »

If you can't wait until tonight to see the ET coverage on New Moon. You can see it in HQ on the Team Taycob website!!
Here's the link: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/announcements.htm
Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

HQ version of the NM ET footage:

Part1

Part2
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart