Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Re: New Moon Movie Take 4...and a half

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

Black wrote:But anyway, age doesn't determine one's ability to know their limits, I don't think. So that rule is crap. Anyone can be taught to behave.
You try telling a four-year-old not to put out the five-alarm-fire in their throat when there's a bucket of water sitting in front of them.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
DumBumm
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by DumBumm »

As for Ben Barns i have always pictured him as Demetri... but he is doing the third Installment of The Chronicles Of Narnia... does anyone think he be able to play in New Moon.

If Dakota does get the part, and she pulls it off, it would be great, or we want is someone who can pull of Jane.
but i agree with AliceFan, Dakota is to much of a A-lister, and if you look at Lord of the Rings, there wasn't really big name actors, take Orlando Bloom, i had never seen or hard of him before, then he played in Lord of the Rings, and now look at him... i think it be much better to have unknown actors to play any part of New Moon, we are always seeing the same people over and over again... we need new faces.
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Actually, since Disney jumped ship from the third Narnia movie, filming of 'Dawn Treader' may be delayed for quite a bit while Walden looks for a co-financier.
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

who_needs_fangs? wrote:
Black wrote:But anyway, age doesn't determine one's ability to know their limits, I don't think. So that rule is crap. Anyone can be taught to behave.
You try telling a four-year-old not to put out the five-alarm-fire in their throat when there's a bucket of water sitting in front of them.
XD. Took me a minute to see what you were getting at.
I was imagining a human child... with a throat full of fire. Oh boy.

Anyway, all they would have to do is restrain him until he got the message. Four years old is plenty old enough to know the difference between 'yes' and 'no' and why. It'd only take a little time. I think it would be cruel to freeze a child at that age though. Not necessarily dangerous (with the proper devotion) but very selfish.
It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.
DumBumm

Post by DumBumm »

Most probably... i forgot that The Chronicles Of Narnia was from Disney... wow so many Disney stars...
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

I would be OK with that Disney star, he's still credible and talented.
DumBumm

Post by DumBumm »

I wouldn't mind him either, i agree he is talented, he did an amazing job in Prince Caspian.
josierose
Wandering Through Town

Post by josierose »

Black wrote:
who_needs_fangs? wrote:
XD. Took me a minute to see what you were getting at.
I was imagining a human child... with a throat full of fire. Oh boy.

Anyway, all they would have to do is restrain him until he got the message. Four years old is plenty old enough to know the difference between 'yes' and 'no' and why. It'd only take a little time.
I don't think it matters how many times you tell a kid not to do something, they will still do it. Kid throws a tantrum, parents punish kid, and kid throws a tantrum a week later.
If Jane were young enough to be considered an immortal child, then I think they would use the excuse of her being burned at the stake to change her. Aro could come up with an excuse for anything.
I have no signature so I decided to credit my icon that I got from HERE.
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

josierose wrote: Aro could come up with an excuse for anything.
That's true, if Aro were a human, he would be a very successful sleazebag lawyer. :lol:
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

josierose wrote:
I don't think it matters how many times you tell a kid not to do something, they will still do it. Kid throws a tantrum, parents punish kid, and kid throws a tantrum a week later.
The way a child reacts to a command depends on how he was raised to handle them. If you made it clear that he was not allowed to expose himself and explained to him the reasons why, I bet he wouldn't do it.

I think if you caught his food for him until he was old enough to control himself, he would be okay. Even a kid can understand that sucking peoples' blood is not normal and that showing himself for what he is would be a bad idea.
Last edited by Black on Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.
It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.